Ripped off?!

Okay, I'm probably more upset with myself that the situation, but please, clarify anything here for me if it's wrong.

Basically, I'm expecting my copy of Blops 2 Hardened Edition on Friday. Hardened edition = $80 plus shipping and tax for me comes to $90. Sure, whatever.

Well, unless I missed it the first time, it was to my understanding if you pre-ordered you get Nuketown 2025. And, if you get the Hardened edition, you get the exclusive Nuketown Zombies map as well. Which, much like the original maps offered in the first Blops, I should get them when everyone else gets them last. Now, I'm seeing this offer that states "Get your season pass now to get Nuketown Zombies in December!"

Really? So I get the benefit of having a map a whole whopping 2 weeks before everyone else?

So, here's my dilemma:

I basically played 90 bucks for what is now, only a fancy case and some camo and avatar shit (which, I'd assume will eventually be just as available to everyone else as it is to Hardened edition owners) and 2 weeks of a map that everyone else won't have yet. When instead, I could have played for the original plus the season pass for ten more bucks and had double what is available in Hardened....

Am I wrong?

Either way, I don't know what I was thinking...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same boat. Kinda sucks since the majority of people who bought the HE did so for the zombie map and will likely also buy the season pass since every map pack will most likely have a new zombie map included and it makes no sense to buy them individually and pay $10 more.

I am ok with the fact that they are letting people get the maps early since the classic maps were not released for a year in BLOPS1 and by that time not many people were playing them, but I think they could have made them wait longer than a month.

The other key difference is that they gave everyone who had already bought hardened the moon map for FREE so I got to play the classic maps for a year and then basically got a refund of $15 of the $20 I spent on the HE because I would have paid for Moon regardless.

I also think it was pretty shady for them to wait until Monday to make the announcement so that it was too late for people to cancel their HE preorders. As happy as I was with the way they treated HE owners in BLOPS, I am equally unhappy with their tactics this time.

If I choose to hope that they will do something similar this time and they don't, I will already have missed the opportunity for the season pass and will be stuck paying $60 for the 4 map packs. I think they should have offered a discount for HE owners who also plan on purchasing the season pass.

Oh well, you live and you learn. In the end it's only $20.

I was lucky to get a Hardened Edition for free (well, as a gift, however I wanted to pay for it...) AND get it the same way it came out. Thanks to my dad ordering it month before and keeping it secret for me until the very day I came from college in the worst mood ever...

I was lucky.

Now, 3ARC and PSN, my question is. What the hell is going on? People paid for Hardened Editions for a reason! I cannot even use the stuff I get from Hardened Edition, which is the soundtrack, the 2 themes, and most importantly 2 "exclusive" maps! Why? Because the system is jammed from the very minute BO2 came out... Wow. What am I supposed to do with my redeem code when it doesn't get accepted for 50th time?

And NOW you're telling me that the Hardened Edition is worth nothing more than a normal one, because people can get it anyway, with additional stuff as well?

It is fair... For those with standard editions... But it's unfair to those with Hardened/Prestige editions.

Thank you for the wonderful, shiny, useless metal case 3ARC, which costed people tens of pounds/dollars! :]

I agree, and those 2 weeks 'exclusiveness' are getting shorter and shorter as i cant even download nuketown zombies yet cos PS store is acting up. I think i wasted my £70 when i was going to get the season pass regardless, however i do like the box but it is most certainly not worth an extra £30 :lol:

Nuketown zombies better come soon because to be honest TranZit isn't really my thing and the survival maps are too small to play on properly.

Yea it sucks, but the ting you guys are missing is that the season pass isnt $10, it's $10 off of all the DLC for black ops II

The actual price of the season pass is $50

I didn't miss this, I even mentioned it in my post. How many zombie players who purchased the HE solely for Nuketown zombies(I know you get some other stuff, but I doubt many peeps said to themselves "I really want that avatar costume and the coins, that seems worth $20) were not planning on buying all 4 map packs? I would think not many, so why would anyone choose to spend $60($15x4) when they can spend $50(season pass)unless they just don't currently have $50 to pre-pay for the 4 future map packs.

The season pass just makes sense for zombie players. My point is if they had announced it a week ago, I would have cancelled my HE and just bought regular+ season pass($110) instead of HE + season pass ($130) since in a month al I'll have to show for it is a metel case and some coins.

The season pass just makes sense for zombie players. My point is if they had announced it a week ago, I would have cancelled my HE and just bought regular+ season pass($110) instead of HE + season pass ($130) since in a month al I'll have to show for it is a metel case and some coins.

QFT.

I bought Blops 1 hardened purely for the sake of getting those classic maps NOW. But now, the biggest prize of having it will be stripped in less than a month.

Agreed with feeling Ripped off.

I don't really give a s**t about the avatar stuff & the coins, and the Season pass is $10 off for EVERYONE atm.

I bought the HE for the Nuketown Zombies (don't really play MP) & to buy the Season Pass in Australia is $65 for Xbox & $50 for PS3. WTF?

I bought the Collectors Edition of Forza Motorsport 3, & a year later they release the GOTY Editon, where you get ALL the DLC plus other exclusive cars? That P**sed me off & I never bought another Collectors Edition game since BO2.

This does happen with all GOTY edition games, you just have to wait a year until its released & it can also be cheaper than normal regular retail price.

Kinda sucks since the majority of people who bought the HE did so for the zombie map and will likely also buy the season pass...

until your post i really hadn't even considered this. unfortunate. after rezurrection there was really no reason not to assume that nuketown zombies would eventually see wide release. But activision disavowing the only real selling point of this year's hardened edition within 2 weeks of release on such short notice deals their fans a pretty thinly veiled shill...

Alright, let's look at this algebraically.

if you are too lazy to read this (I don't blame you) just skip down to the TLDR.

Let's say X represents the game itself, and the game has a value of 60. The hardened edition's bonuses, Y, has a value of 20, and represents nuketown zombies and the other stuff (exclusive player cards and camo, etc.) the season pass is Z, and has a value of 50, and represents NTZ and the discounted DLC valued at 10. nuketown zombies = N, the other bonuses in the hardened edition are B.

So if you compare the prices you come up with ...

X+Y and X+Z.

As we know X is valued in at 60 and Y is valued at 20, so the hardened totals to 80. We know X equals 60 and Z equals 50 so the normal edition plus the season pass is 110. Since the basic game (X) is on both sides you can eliminate it in order to simplify it. So what we are left with is the value if the season pass compared to the value of the hardened edition. What this leaves us with is Y and Z, which are worth 20 and 50. Judging by the benefits of the hardened edition, a good estimate for the value of nuketown zombies is probably about 10. So N = 10 and therefore B equals 10 as well. Since we know that the season pass comes with N too we can eliminate them both to be left with the term B with a value of ten, and Z with a remaining value of 40. Then, considering the fact that the effect if Z is that It saves ten, so you are left with the comparison of B (10) and (Z - N) - 10, which is valued at 30 now.

So this leaves us with the conclusion that the value of the bonuses for the hardened edition (apart from nuketown zombie's) is ten dollars. The bonus of the season pass minus nuketown zimbies is worth thirty dollars. Now what are these bonuses? For the hardened edition, it is new camos, emblems, and other exclusive content. For the season pass this is fourl future DLCs. So getting the four DLCs amounts to 30 dollars and the exclusive content amounts to ten dollars.

Hardened edition exclusive content = $10 value.

Season pass DLC bonus = $30 value.

Now, it's obvious that the DLCs have a higher value, but it is up to you to decide how much better four DLCs are than exclusive content. This is entirely based in your opinion, so this factor affects the ultimate conclusion: did you get ripped off?? Do you think that Four DLCs are worth three times as much as exclusive content? Let's simplify it. Do you think a DLC map pack is worth more than The exclusive stuff you got? If you had to choose one over the other, so that whichever you choose is gone forever, which would you pick? If you pick the exclusive content you totally got ripped off. But if you pick the DLC, you did NOT get ripped off!

TLDR: Which is better, a single never before seen DLC map pack or the exclusive content given in the hardened edition, minus NTZ? If you pick the DLC you didn't get ripped off, and if you pick the exclusive camo and emblems then you did get ripped off.

I know what you mean 'Lectric J-Dawg'

But here in Australia we DO get ripped off when it comes to new release games. The Australian Dollar is pretty much at Parity with the US Dollar, yet I paid $108- for the Hardened Edition @ EB Games/GameStop (the only store in which Nuketown was available) how much was the HE in the USA? $80?

I could of bought the standard game at a different store for $69.

I haven't even downloaded anything yet, too busy playing Green Run.

Then on release day they announce that Nuketown will come with the Season Pass.?

Then to top it off, the Season Pass on Xbox is $65 (in Australia) & PS3 is $50 (WTF?) More than half of the original game?

I'm not a sucker, I know that you pay top $ for preordering, but to announce that on release day & that it comes out in December? That pisses me off. I bought HE Black Ops 1, & the original maps didn't come out for another year.

I'm still happy with the game though, Green Run is F**ken Awesome

I paid 100$ for HE and same day shipping and will angrily buy the season pass. 150$ when it coulda been 110$. Yeah I feel like I've been deceived. The ONLY reason for HE was for Nuketown zombies, so I wouldn't have to wait a year like I did in BO1. Thanks treyarc (love the game though) :mrgreen:

I was saving my 115th post for a zombie thread, but I felt the urge to post here. I'm definitely pissed off. I only preordered for the preorder bonus. I only bought the hardened for Nuketown zombies. So wtf, I had to seriously scrimp and save for this, because money is so damn tight at the moment. GF's birthday, brothers birthday and then my sisters birthday and christmas coming up, and kids toys aren't cheap. Thank the gods I only have one.

To top it off, my codes don't work and the game keeps crashing my ps3. FFS.

I do enjoy the game, when it works, but I didn't pay that much for this broken POS. :evil:

I was saving my 115th post for a zombie thread, but I felt the urge to post here. I'm definitely pissed off. I only preordered for the preorder bonus. I only bought the hardened for Nuketown zombies. So wtf, I had to seriously scrimp and save for this, because money is so damn tight at the moment. GF's birthday, brothers birthday and then my sisters birthday and christmas coming up, and kids toys aren't cheap. Thank the gods I only have one.

To top it off, my codes don't work and the game keeps crashing my ps3. FFS.

I do enjoy the game, when it works, but I didn't pay that much for this broken POS. :evil:

You're not alone with your problems my friend... As of the codes, I've made a thread about it with some useful email contacts that could get the code fixed, cause after 3 days I don't believe in the bullshit they say about jammed servers.

Yeah, there's that too. I've probably prevented the problem of having shit not work, but that's only because I haven't gotten it yet and Treyarch has probably solved any problems there has already been a lot of commotion about. But that still doesn't repair the hole in my pocket. I just seriously hope somewhere down the line, HE owners gets their money worth by getting some map for free, versus everyone else. Much like Moon. But meh.

Man, I feel like ever since Elite/Season Pass was introduced, it just completely f*cked up DLC. It was SO much more exciting and balanced with the anticipation was even, rather than "Oh, well, I'm special and was forced another 50 bucks to say I got it a month earlier." Not to mention, those that DO recieve it without Elite, lose all hype because they know all about it already.

Seriously, I'd rather pay that extra 10 bucks, than lay down 50 and get it all early and screw everything up.

Yeah, there's that too. I've probably prevented the problem of having shit not work, but that's only because I haven't gotten it yet and Treyarch has probably solved any problems there has already been a lot of commotion about. But that still doesn't repair the hole in my pocket. I just seriously hope somewhere down the line, HE owners gets their money worth by getting some map for free, versus everyone else. Much like Moon. But meh.

Man, I feel like ever since Elite/Season Pass was introduced, it just completely f*cked up DLC. It was SO much more exciting and balanced with the anticipation was even, rather than "Oh, well, I'm special and was forced another 50 bucks to say I got it a month earlier." Not to mention, those that DO recieve it without Elite, lose all hype because they know all about it already.

Seriously, I'd rather pay that extra 10 bucks, than lay down 50 and get it all early and screw everything up.

There might be another zombie map pack with NT zombies in for those who didnt get hardened/season pass and maybe the Hardened edition owners will get it free like with Rezurrectiobn

I agree with ya. I paid $86 for this hardened edition. The fact that i coulda just bought regular AND get season pass AND get all the maps pisses me off. thats $60+50=$110 for me (they were offering a discount or somethin; original price was 60) and i woulda been set for the rest of the time of BLOS 2. Now i gotta pay 15x4 for the map packs with a grand total of 86+60=$146.for all the map packs and everything.

So here i am: No xbox LIVE (it was either hardened with nuketown or reg with xbox live) and i get an awesome map that i only get a special pass for like a few weeks? Also i agree that Treyarch annoucing at the last moment was extremely sketchy. But i suppose there are SOME perks to this. (big fan of syndicate, dalek, Liam: would be awesome that since not everyone has nuketown i may have a better chance of encountering them XD) but still it is rather sketchy of Treyarch to do it and since i am studing business, i know that is practice is allowed but somewhat unethical.

• 2 weeks later...