We want Elena back!

All in favor?

We can justify it all we want by saying it's because Richtofen is in control, blah blah blah, but I was starting to take a liking to the idea that A7X = Richtofen's view. And while I'd still be disappointed that its not Elena, at least they sound good... I mean, it just makes me cringe to hear Kevin's stuff without Elena. I've got a peeve on a game I haven't played yet! And to make matters worse, the vocalist was horrid... I'm sorry, but this completely ruined the hype for music in zombies for me. I can understand if it ultimately because Elena no longer wanted to, but there's plenty of other female vocalists or GOOD vocalists at least...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the thing is, I liked how they have this deal with A7X doing a couple songs, then Kevin and Elena doing the rest. But now it's all awkward... And dubstep and zombies just don't mix, so I'm glad they fixed that in a hurry. It's like listening to Transformer sex while slaying freakbags... WTF.

• Administrators

I agree, bring her back!

And yes, the Nuketown EE song was very disappointing. What happened to all the good music? I haven't bothered trying to find the tranzit one because I heard it was dubstep.

Unfortunately, they switched the song from Skrillex's "I'mma Try It Out" to Carrion by Kevin Sherwood.

I agree, bring her back!

And yes, the Nuketown EE song was very disappointing. What happened to all the good music? I haven't bothered trying to find the tranzit one because I heard it was dubstep.

Unfortunately, they switched the song from Skrillex's "I'mma Try It Out" to Carrion by Kevin Sherwood.

THANK THE GODS! It was bad enough I have to hear it in MP, I'm so glad they swapped it. I have nothing against dubstep or the people that enjoy it, but I personally don't feel that it should be in any way connected to zombies. But, to each their own.

And yet they could've easily put Carry On by Avenged Sevenfold...better yet, they could've got Elena to sing Carrion. That would've spiced it up nicely.

I honestly don't know what they were thinking trying to put dubstep in when they had a winning formula with Elena, not to mention their partnership with A7X. I don't hate dubstep, but why change something that didn't need fixing?

And what makes it worse, is Treyarch forcibly removing it. I wonder what Skrillex think of that? They would've had to have had some deal to allow the song in the game, so I wonder how that will go.

But yeah with those song changing abilities, they could've easily patched The One and Beauty of Annihilation in Black Ops so they didn't stop early. I mean, it was only out for 9 months before Rezurrection. :P

Ehh, I'm indifferent to it. Sure, she was nice, but it's nice to have a change. That's everything BOII is about: major changes. Although I agree dubstep shouldn't be in zombies (and apparently, so did Treyarch ;) ), I'm actually a little tired of Elena. It'd be nice to get different singers and bands to do our freakbag killing montages, and hey, I even kind of like Carrion.

Overall, it's not really a big deal to me. It doesn't matter who sings, as long as we have good music to slay to I'm happy. :)

I haven't played Black Ops 2 a lot because I didn't have time, so this is the first time I'm reading about the music easter egg.

They put that dubstep music you hear in the 'Plaza' multiplayer map as the Tranzit easter egg song? Seriously? What were they thinking?

And then they change it to a Kevin Sherwood cover of an A7X song, but without Elena Siegman? I don't get it.

Nuketown has a re-used song, and the seperate Farm and City maps don't seem to have an easter egg song at all.

Why would Treyarch do this? Those Elena Siegman songs from W@W and Black Ops were awesome. I'm okay with changing things and taking different directions in new games, but this is just wrong. Treyarch spents so much time on the Zombie mode but forget this. It's like that Eminem song in FIVE all over again.

Think of it this way.

In call of the dead, five, and tranzit, there wasnt Elena singing. What else do they have in common? They do not feature the original four as being playable. So if and when we see the original four return, our beautiful singing mistress Elena will make a comeback.

Furthermore, the fact that she implies that she may make a return suggests that the original four will become playable again. They are confirmed to return in some form, and so far they haven't been seen or heard at all. So when we DO see them, we will be controlling them as they slay the undead to the tune of some kick-ass elena siegman! WOO HOO!!! SHYEEEAAAA!!! SHABABLOOOYYEEEEHAAA!!

EJ has a point. This map doesn't feature the original characters, so it doesn't feature Elena Siegman.

I for one very much love Carrion. The vocalist sounds kind of like a mix between Brendon Small and Dave Mustaine. Seriously, let it grow on you.

Personally I never cared for Elena, I much prefer this dude.

Dave Mustaine

lol wut?

Like I said, I don't really care so much that it's not Elena as much as having some other person, especially a dude, with Kevin's sound and music. I don't know, it just bugs me. I guess speaking of which, its like replacing Megadeth's Dave Mustaine for the Nickleback guy.

Uh... no!