Survival maps poll.

I would like to gather poll from the opinions people have about the 3 survival maps. NO Nuketown.

Give your honest opinion from the Tranzit survival maps.

Also give your thoughts on their life cycle, will the maps become boring soon because they look so much the same?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to gather poll from the opinions people have about the 3 survival maps. NO Nuketown.

Give your honest opinion from the Tranzit survival maps.

Also give your thoughts on their life cycle, will the maps become boring soon because they look so much the same?

I voted that they're disappointing. Not gonna say horrible because of course it could always be worse. Its disappointing because they hyped up zombies so much and I really was expecting to go crazy, drool, and cut school to play all day. Instead I played survival for 4 hours and decided it ain't worth my school day.

And I can only judge how boring it was by my standards. The survival maps have nothing to them. Watch gameplay vids on youtube and you'll see the sizes. Really unimpressive. No running around opening doors finding other areas of map ( even pack a punch is only on one map), lack of wonder weapons.

I am disappointed, way to less stuff and too small.

BUT, now it comes: Tranzit gives me exactly what I want! A lot of stuff (Buildables, Bus, Boss, Fog-zombies, ....) and it's big...

Ok. I will be probably getting bo2 around Christmas, I hope to tackle Tranzit with you :D

• Administrators

I voted disappointing for terms of gameplay. Survival maps feel the same and are a bit small, not much I can without repeating others' ideas.

Story wise, which is what I care about the most, seems like it will shake out to be pretty awesome. Something feels off, but I feel like the story will work itself out, wouldn't necessarily call that part disappointing.

I voted disappointing for terms of gameplay. Survival maps feel the same and are a bit small, not much I can without repeating others' ideas.

Story wise, which is what I care about the most, seems like it will shake out to be pretty awesome. Something feels off, but I feel like the story will work itself out, wouldn't necessarily call that part disappointing.

Does the survival mode even have a story to it? Since as ts literally just tranzit still, I don't think so but I've never been the theorist guy.

• Administrators

Does the survival mode even have a story to it? Since as ts literally just tranzit still, I don't think so but I've never been the theorist guy.

This particular survival mode does not. When I look at the survival maps that are also TranZit maps, I basically just call them TranZit since that's where the EE is and most of the other things.

If we talk outside the TranZit maps, like Nuketown, then survival is very important to the story, seeing as how the entire story before Black Ops 2 was survival.

This particular survival mode does not. When I look at the survival maps that are also TranZit maps, I basically just call them TranZit since that's where the EE is and most of the other things.

If we talk outside the TranZit maps, like Nuketown, then survival is very important to the story, seeing as how the entire story before Black Ops 2 was survival.

Ah, So there's an easter egg on nuketown then? Or just hoping that later survival maps might have? Personally I'm hoping they just throw the survival guys a bone and give us some real survival here.

• Administrators

Ah, So there's an easter egg on nuketown then? Or just hoping that later survival maps might have? Personally I'm hoping they just throw the survival guys a bone and give us some real survival here.

Well the definite story-related EE on Nuketown is the voices we hear of Maxis and Richtofen, the eyes changing colors, and the nuke from Moon. There may even be a larger EE with the voices in the fallout shelter in the backyard.

If you look at BO 1 we only had 1 map. Kino and Five if we complete campaign.

We need to be thankful to 3arc for providing us with 5 maps. Tranzit, NuKetown, BD, Farm, Town.

Now on to Which maps are better BO1 or BO2? It is bit tricky to answer this question.

BO1 has one map only and it has changed quite a bit from what WAW's NDT looked like. It was more like what waw DLC's looed like i.e DR with pap and Bowie added.

BO2 is more like an experiment with Survival/Story mode added for High round Enthusiast. I don't think its right to bitch about it. I love the fact that leader boards are maintained separately and no wonder weapon. Im just glad that I don't see Round 100's and Round 200's on leader boards and it is actually more skill than patience required now to get to high rounds.

The changes in maps are good and the solo and co-op tracking leader boards are just an extra added bonus that we all asked plus the theater mode. If not it would look like another BO DLC. For those that are upset I think they should just wait to get a traditional BO maps look a like DLC. I bet you will see all all missing things including Wonder weapon.

way is out.

Well the definite story-related EE on Nuketown is the voices we hear of Maxis and Richtofen, the eyes changing colors, and the nuke from Moon. There may even be a larger EE with the voices in the fallout shelter in the backyard.

Ah okay, don't know too much about the nuketown zombies cuz I only pre-ordered the normal version. I might get the map if its an easter egg on it.

@way- Why are you counting the separate game modes as separate maps? BO2 came with 1 map (2 if you got hardened), all they did was make separate game modes of different areas within tranzit. Anyway I'ma stop, the damage is already done.

I voted the 3rd one. Theyre not bad, they just dont have things that were acustomed to. Bus depot has no perks, well yeah nacht didnt either. Farm didnt have pap? Neither did shi no numa.

Treyarch wants you to play tranzit. They put regular back into this game so ppl wouldnt whine about classic not being in the game. They looked at Call of the Dead and said " we could go way bigger and more complex than this" so they did. Viola tranzit.

I'm not giving Treyarch points simply because they are giving us more than they did in BO1. Tranzit is somewhat enjoying. The survival maps are too damn small and lazily done. Splitting up the map just feels restraining.

Nuketown zombies feels really nice though. +1 for that. +1 for Tranzit to.

To the "survival" maps. Step up your fucking game next time Jimmy.

I really don't think these maps were intended to be survival maps. I think the whole purpose of Town and Farm are to introduce the Grief game mode. The maps really feel like they were designed for that kind of mayhem. As for bus stop...I guess that's just a little taste for the hardcore zombie players...see how long you can last without perks...if you dare. Sure we could've gotten more but compare it to what we got in BLOPS 1 (let's forget about WAW's opening Z package)

Kino (survival): Classic map but in the end players just ended up chaining on the stage so really, it might be bigger than the three survival maps, but the space utilized might even be less than these.

Five (Survival): Garbage. Mess of a map. Only redeeming qualities are the characters.

Dead Ops Arcade: Not even really a zombies map. Just a mini game's mini game.

3 total things. Call it 2 1/2 as DOPSArcade was useless. One mode.

BLOPS2

Tranzit Green Run: Biggest map in zombies, lot's of functionality, story, weapons etc.

Bus Stop (Survival): In general terms it's a disappointing effort but it's a great challenge for those who talk big and what to back their skills up.

Town (survival): Not necessarily a big map. Small by our regular standards but there's plenty of room to move around and chain. PAP machine available right off the bat.

Town (Grief): Modified version of town set to accommodate the new (and awesome)Grief mode)

Farm (Survival)

Farm (Grief)

Nuketown (Survival): Bored of explanations but this is another challenging one

In essence we got 6 things from Treyarch right off the bat. We got more value. As small as these maps are. If future maps are like this I will admit I'll be disappointed. There must be a point where variety kicks in. Moon appeared to be a step in the right direction. That led to Tranzit, but hopefully we'll see more variety in survival...though now when I think of the word survival...that's really the only goal...survive. Everything extra CAN be left to Tranzit.

I think this is a biased question. The question in itself will have a determined answer by the pollers. However, with all the hate on the survival maps, this seems like just a front to try to poll the number of people that hate them. You exclude Nuketown and completely ignore Tranzit. That's like saying "Is a third of Black Ops II Zombies better or worse than the entirety of Black Ops Zombies?"

I think this is a biased question. The question in itself will have a determined answer by the pollers. However, with all the hate on the survival maps, this seems like just a front to try to poll the number of people that hate them. You exclude Nuketown and completely ignore Tranzit. That's like saying "Is a third of Black Ops II Zombies better or worse than the entirety of Black Ops Zombies?"

Nuketown is extra not in the vanilla game. And yes this is only about the Survival maps because that's the "classic" zombies mode. This is the General Zombies forum section not the Tranzit.

People could love these maps. But most apparently htey don't. I made this poll because I haven't played the game and I wanted to know if the survival maps are good because that is what I love in zombies (the simple round based survival with other people).

Don't blame the poll for what people seem to think about the survival maps. This poll IS NOT POLL ABOUT THE GENERAL OPINION ABOUT THE GAME. Its ONLY about the survival mode. So don't assume that this is: Do you like this game or not poll, again its ONLY about the survival.