Very disappointed...

That made me laugh. You were so butt hurt that I was spreading some positivity over this negative emo thread here you actually took the time to pick apart every other line of my post to what? Prove that a game sucks? The only thing you proved buds was that you were one of the ones I was talking about to begin with.

EJ's post just logically picked that weak shit apart like I would have, so I didn't have to waste my time. That's a good admin.

Anyway, glad someone understood what I was saying.

Is this game the best game ever made? No.. and who thought it would be? Nobody. Over all is the new Zombie experience worth the purchase of the game? For me it is. For you? Possibly, if you give it a chance.

Have a good one everyone!

He didn't logically pick apart much, just did what everyone else been telling me which is be positive about it. And really its only because you made it seem like BO2 brought so much new to the table, which they didn't. Its the same game but more annoying. The same factors are still present except for the buildables. I just hate how they force you to play the one map with 4 players to do the easter egg. As I've said before I'm really a survival player, the fact that they gave u 3 squares as the 3 survival maps makes me upset. Well if it makes you feel better I'll keep my eyes open for DLC. Hopefully they'll give some interesting survival maps, and actual maps instead of more squares...

-signed butthurt guy-

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the TranZit mode is pretty good. Extremely ambitious and innovative, and very difficult as well, as of yet i really don't have any qualms about tranzit itself. The Survival mode is really what left much to be desired. The survival maps are so meager, I think they really alienated a lot of the fan base here. The problem being is that the heart and soul of what made this mode so popular (aka "survival") is almost non existant unless you got the hardened/care package and have nuketown zombies (which is VERY fun imo and is the highlight of zombies mode in BO2 so far for me). bus depot is basically like NDU without a box, farm, has no PaP. basically only town is an iteration of zombies like we've known it in the past, and there are what 3 doors to purchase in town? the most advanced survival map is still area-wise the smallest zombies map ever excluding NDU.

Now again, I'm having fun with tranzit and grief and nuketown zombs, but the survival just stinks. I'm really hoping that for DLC they will take the feedback and gravitate back towards the style of gameplay that helped build this zombies jueggernaut in the first place!

As I have said before, they try to prompt players to play tranzit and grief by including maps more fitting to them than survival. The main reason they did this was to get people well-acquainted with the modes prior to the release of the first DLC. This is to discourage people from passing over these new modes and gives people a chance to like them. In all the DLCs I bet the survival maps will be much better, as their fans will already be acquainted with the new modes and they won't need to force fans towards them. At that point we can decide for ourselves where we want to go, and in many cases that will be survival. So, don't be disappointed yet; the best is yet to come for survival (not that that is saying much). I enjoy the survival, but think that it will improve beyond what we had in WaW and BO.

Just have faith...

The game is just awesome.

You like the big, complex maps with a lot of shit in it? Go for TranZit!

You like the small, almost impossible to do circles maps? Go for Survival!

You like the good old mix between, with medium size and medium complexity? Go for Nuketown!

So I can't really understand all of the complaints.

The game is just awesome.

You like the big, complex maps with a lot of shit in it? Go for TranZit!

You like the small, almost impossible to do circles maps? Go for Survival!

You like the good old mix between, with medium size and medium complexity? Go for Nuketown!

its because the "big complex tranzit" and the "impossible minimalistic survival" are too extreme. I love tranzit, but it's not the zombies that i have come to love so much over the last 4 years or so... tranzit feels like a step and a half forward, but packaging sections of that map as "survival" maps feels like 2 steps back

:edit: i will reiterate for emphasis here that nuketown zombies is freaking awesome imo. very challenging, yet still includes that classic cod zombies gameplay and feel. and Tranzit is also awesome as well. kind of curious if treyarch intends on "Tranzit" to be the permanent default game type, what i mean by that is, the word "tranzit" seems to imply the bus aspect. so will the dlc maps all be based on riding a bus from place to place? i like it as a game play aspect/option in green run, but i dont know how i feel about that being the centerpoint of zombies for good

• Moderators

You don't have to.

Some people like BO2 zombies,some love it,some hate it etc. (or some people (like me) love some parts of it but not really like other parts of it)

That's it. It all comes down to your own personal opinion.

I don't know how some of you can even have a discussion about this. :|

And as my friend most hated enemy EJ said:"My name is Electric Jesus and I am a girl!" uhhh I am sorry: "Let's all wait for the dlc!" (before saying that BO2 zombies is bad.)

Okay he didn't say that...but that is what he meant.

This i guess is kind of a disappointment, but more of just a suggestion. So we got Tranzit with a HUGE area and different sections each with their own nuances and areas, yet we went from 8 perks down to 6? the fact remains that you can only purchase 4 at a time, so why not keep the other perks we've become familiar with and then perhaps add several more. that would even make the decision of which perks to buy harder.... really i'm just mourning the loss of PHD Flopper, Deadshot, and Mule Kick... :'(

This i guess is kind of a disappointment, but more of just a suggestion. So we got Tranzit with a HUGE area and different sections each with their own nuances and areas, yet we went from 8 perks down to 6? the fact remains that you can only purchase 4 at a time, so why not keep the other perks we've become familiar with and then perhaps add several more. that would even make the decision of which perks to buy harder.... really i'm just mourning the loss of PHD Flopper, Deadshot, and Mule Kick... :'(

Mule Kick was widely considered useless and generally negatively received.

Deadshot was widely considered useless and generally negatively recieved.

PhD Flopper was a large part of the reason people got to rounds above 50. Treyarch seem to be trying to discourage extremely high rounds. They themselves originally intended for round 10 to be when people started scrambling for ammo and such.

and really, when did you ever use Mule Kick or Deadshot anyway?

As I have said before, they try to prompt players to play tranzit and grief by including maps more fitting to them than survival. The main reason they did this was to get people well-acquainted with the modes prior to the release of the first DLC. This is to discourage people from passing over these new modes and gives people a chance to like them. In all the DLCs I bet the survival maps will be much better, as their fans will already be acquainted with the new modes and they won't need to force fans towards them. At that point we can decide for ourselves where we want to go, and in many cases that will be survival. So, don't be disappointed yet; the best is yet to come for survival (not that that is saying much). I enjoy the survival, but think that it will improve beyond what we had in WaW and BO.

Just have faith...

This. I don't understand how it isn't simple logic that the "survival maps" are designed with Grief mode in mind. Can you imagine how long Grief matches would be if they were on a map the size of Ascension, Moon, or Shangri-La? Farm and Town were absolutely designed to introduce Grief mode. As it is I find it annoying when a Grief match lasts longer than 15 rounds, though I do respect the other team for making it that far as well.

Relax people.

Tranzit= Classic Survival/EE/Story mode

Survival= Challenging throwback maps like NDU or Verruckt

Grief= A nice distraction like DOA or ZORK.

What's the problem? Start treating tranzit like a classic survial map and watch how much better you enjoy it. Tranzit is the "Classic Survial" map regardless of what's called survival on the menu.

Also I'm guessing any future "Tranzit" modes would not feature a bus but some other form of transportation.

What's the problem? Start treating tranzit like a classic survial map and watch how much better you enjoy it. Tranzit is the "Classic Survial" map regardless of what's called survival on the menu.

Also I'm guessing any future "Tranzit" modes would not feature a bus but some other form of transportation.

THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

So much agreement. In Black Ops 1 we got Kino, Five, and DOA to start off (and the 4 classic maps for some people I guess). Honestly, we've gotten a ton more in this release of zombies.

However, I do hope DLCs bring us more variety than the barren fiery foggy wasteland environment. The whole fire mechanic gets so old and tiresome.

It seems to me that the game select menu (with the medallion before selecting game mode and location) is setup in a way that new dlc will be added in other parts of the world. This would have new characters and settings going on in different parts of the earth at the same time as tranzit. Seeing as the whole world appears to be a bit scorched we may have the fire and doom and gloom anywhere we go but I agree, hopefully they find a way to mix up the atmosphere a little bit. Time travel factor again perhaps?

Mule Kick was widely considered useless and generally negatively received.

Deadshot was widely considered useless and generally negatively recieved.

PhD Flopper was a large part of the reason people got to rounds above 50. Treyarch seem to be trying to discourage extremely high rounds. They themselves originally intended for round 10 to be when people started scrambling for ammo and such.

and really, when did you ever use Mule Kick or Deadshot anyway?

lol, umm where exactly are you getting that info? mule kick was popular enough that they went back and added it to EVERY MAP lol. and i know deadshot wasn't the most popular, but a lot of people loved it. on moon my perk purchase order was always jugg, deadshot, mule kick, then flopper. the best part of deadshot was the increased hipfire accuracy.

anyway, they already had the perks the jingles and everything, why not at least include them so the players who did enjoy them still could use them?

lol, umm where exactly are you getting that info? mule kick was popular enough that they went back and added it to EVERY MAP lol. and i know deadshot wasn't the most popular, but a lot of people loved it. on moon my perk purchase order was always jugg, deadshot, mule kick, then flopper. the best part of deadshot was the increased hipfire accuracy.

anyway, they already had the perks the jingles and everything, why not at least include them so the players who did enjoy them still could use them?

Honestly I have never seen anyone actually use either of those perks. And I played ALOT of zombies with alot of randoms. Anyone I would ever ask would claim that the addition of the perk to the other maps was largely pointless. Ask around randoms on BLOPS 2 and see how many really care about Mule Kick being gone. No big zombie Youtuber ever used it, many reccomending against it, some claiming it to be a waste of a perk slot.

Much of the same can be said about Deadshot Daiquiri. when asked about their favorite perks even on CoDz, Mule Kick and Deadshot were almost unanimously ranked the lowest.

Seriously. Go into random lobbies and ask them about how they feel about the removal of Deadshot and Mule Kick. Maybe 5% might dislike it.

Almost none of this apploies to Flopper however, and I still subscribe to Lemonade's theory of Treyarch trying to make it more difficult to reach high rounds. Flopper gave you a get-out-of-jail-free card for a super long time by just spraying at your feet without caring about your own healthwith MnS.

Honestly I have never seen anyone actually use either of those perks. And I played ALOT of zombies with alot of randoms. Anyone I would ever ask would claim that the addition of the perk to the other maps was largely pointless. Ask around randoms on BLOPS 2 and see how many really care about Mule Kick being gone. No big zombie Youtuber ever used it, many reccomending against it, some claiming it to be a waste of a perk slot.

Much of the same can be said about Deadshot Daiquiri. when asked about their favorite perks even on CoDz, Mule Kick and Deadshot were almost unanimously ranked the lowest.

Seriously. Go into random lobbies and ask them about how they feel about the removal of Deadshot and Mule Kick. Maybe 5% might dislike it.

Almost none of this apploies to Flopper however, and I still subscribe to Lemonade's theory of Treyarch trying to make it more difficult to reach high rounds. Flopper gave you a get-out-of-jail-free card for a super long time by just spraying at your feet without caring about your own healthwith MnS.

i think you missed the point. first literally nobody cares what perks youtubers use/prefer. my point was, these perks have already been created. they already have skins for the machines, jingles and animations for their purchase; there literally was no downside for including them in the map. regardles of what you or your "sample group" of zombie players may prefer, i know many players like myself who really enjoyed those perks. it would cost treyarch any more money to simply include it as a possible perk to purchase. those who don't want to waste one of their 4 slots on those don't have to.

like in BLOPS 1 treyarch didnt take out any of the perks they had in WaW... but they did add to them in dlc. just seems like over the probably year and a half that they had been working on blops 2 zombies, seems they could come up with somthing better than subtracting 3 perks and adding 1 new perk (which tombstone, although i think it is a very cool idea, doesnt seem very practical to me) maybe the DLC will knock it out of the park though who knows

tl;dr - what's the harm in including 2 already existing perks in a map exponentially larger than the ones we have previously had

literally nobody cares what perks youtubers use/prefer.

True. although when trying to learn how to be better at zombies by watching the best, monkey see monkey do.

like in BLOPS 1 treyarch didnt take out any of the perks they had in WaW...

4 Perks

4 Perk Limit

Would most likely result in negative backlash. What they had was a good setup. Why remove any of these perks when each had an effective use and none was particularly disliked.

tombstone doesnt seem very practical to me

Getting all your equipment back after you die. Totally impractical.

tl;dr - what's the harm in including 2 already existing perks in a map exponentially larger than the ones we have previously had

There is no harm, however, it's like taking a bad/useless/never used move out of a character's movelist in a fighting game. It frees up space for other stuff, and only a tiny % of people will actually care that it's gone.

literally nobody cares what perks youtubers use/prefer.

True. although when trying to learn how to be better at zombies by watching the best, monkey see monkey do.

like in BLOPS 1 treyarch didnt take out any of the perks they had in WaW...

4 Perks

4 Perk Limit

Would most likely result in negative backlash. What they had was a good setup. Why remove any of these perks when each had an effective use and none was particularly disliked.

tombstone doesnt seem very practical to me

Getting all your equipment back after you die. Totally impractical.

There is no harm, however, it's like taking a bad/useless/never used move out of a character's movelist in a fighting game. It frees up space for other stuff, and only a tiny % of people will actually care that it's gone.

that's the problem... great they freed up space for other stuff, too bad they didnt make any other stuff to use the space with. those 2 perks definitely would not take up enough disc space to drastically increase what other features they could add to the game.

and tombstone is kind of fun and can be useful if you can survive long enough to go retrieve your stuff, but again it kind of goes against the trend they seem to have gone for of making the game harder. one major obstacle to making high rounds in co-op was if somebody did bleed out, getting them back to a position where they could be beneficial to the team...

anyway i really am curious i may make a thread with a poll, because i think you are drastically underestimating the number of people who used mule kick especially but even deadshot.

deadshot plus ak74u equals headshot city. PaP it and it is extremely useful even into the 30's

that's the problem... great they freed up space for other stuff, too bad they didnt make any other stuff to use the space with. those 2 perks definitely would not take up enough disc space to drastically increase what other features they could add to the game.

A:I hate the quote system this site uses

B: Largest zombie map in history with tons of unspeakable horrors no one's even thought of finding yet because they're scared of the fog. Every little bit helps.

and tombstone is kind of fun and can be useful if you can survive long enough to go retrieve your stuff, but again it kind of goes against the trend they seem to have gone for of making the game harder. one major obstacle to making high rounds in co-op was if somebody did bleed out, getting them back to a position where they could be beneficial to the team...

Took about 5 minutes and usually only caused hassle for a short while near the start of the round. And even then you could just throw a monkey or two until they buy Jug. Which you should be sprinting for the second you spawn anyway.

anyway i really am curious i may make a thread with a poll, because i think you are drastically underestimating the number of people who used mule kick especially but even deadshot.

There have been alot of "favourite perk" and "most useful perk" threads. Just about every single time Deadshot and Mule Kick are pretty much unanimously near the bottom of the preference list. Deadshot because it's primary use is simply a crutch for something that becomes useless past the high 30's, and Mule Kick because you really just... don't need three guns.

Again, I totally agree

For those of us that like to play solo, Tombstone is absolutely 100% useless. It's not even there. Deadshot I rarely used, but Mule Kick I used all the time on Moon. And Flopper was a must-have.

Taking out 3 good perks (no matter how many random people you asked said they didn't use them... or what the "youtube pr0s" use) to add one that can't even be used in all modes is extremely disappointing.

First off i would have to say im sorry to hear that you are "Very Disappointed".

BO2 Zombies is a whole new outlook. What we know as zombies has been stripped down to the bare essentials and pushed toward team work and centralizing on Stragity.

3arc created Tranzit with "Realistic" Survival in mind as far as the game mechanic's go. They balanced out round progression along side with area exploration. With this new way of "survival" they of course would have to introduce it to the player base in a matter which is smoothly adjustable. It is no doubt they finally have given us a real "Challenge" to over come, and the best is yet to come.

3arc did NOT want to give us the same content in which players spend 10 or more hours running in circles. Now, we the players, have to actually use common sense and tactics in order to survive for more then a few hours in one match. Its no longer, "hey im gonna go grab the ak74u, jug, deadshot, speed, staminup, and run around the frount of the light house for 60+ rounds." Now what we have here, is "Oh SH*T, what do i do, where do i go???? Im out of ammo!!! What the **** is that thing??"

Yes they did deprive us of PHD, Deadshot, and MuleKick. But in return they have given us A CHALLENGE! Im not gonna lie, the first time and only time i have played Tranzit i made it to round 18. I mostly play survival and Greaf matches. The Main focus for the Launch material is ON TRANZIT AND GREAF MODES. Looking at it from a management point of view you would understand this. You would want your player base to experience the material youve worked so hard on publishing right? If it was just the survival, they could have had these maps published in a month, instead of working on this project for over a year. All but the last of the DLC to come has already been completed, and is currently being run though bug testing. The map moon was completed when they released Ascension to the public for example.

Just because what they currently have available to the public at the moment does not mean Zombies as a whole is a disappointment. Look past that and see what potential they have with releasing future Tranzit maps that will blow our minds. The LEAST they where worried about was survival mode. They already achieved "Perfecting" survival. They took those game mechanic's and improved on the ideas surrounding "survival".

I personally am glad they removed these "wonder Weapons" it make the old maps way to easy. If there was a thunder gun on Farm, i could easily pull a round 60 out my rear. The perfect example of this is kino and Ascension. With a raygun and Thundergun alone, you can go rounds 20-100 in the same spot with not one worry of going down or running out of ammo. OVERKILL Now the real challenge on Ascension is never leaving the first room and see how long you can last.

Just because there is not PHD, Deadshot, mulekick perk mechines now does not mean they might add them on other maps. Or the fact that maby they decided that these perks should not be a buyable, but instead earned as a permanent perk via skill. What if the fridge that you can store guns in is in fact Mulekick? think about it, technically you can have 4 guns of your choice. But to balance it out, you can only carry 2 at a time. if you want the others, youd have to visit your stash and collect them. The fact is you can CHOOSE what guns to keep, instead of relying on luck at the mystery box. And who knows what other secrets there are in tranzit we yet not know about.

Now you might argue that in survival mode these permanent perks do not exist. True. But look at how small the maps are in survival mode. Heck, Farm dosent even have the M14. That right there should tell you something about that map. These maps do look really easy at first glace, but once you realize what tools you are given to kill with. You realize this is a very tactical map, for not just solo but up to 4 people as well. Take a good look at the 4 man leaderbords and see how many people actually work as a team to get to the top.

Now i would have to say the best and utmost challenging thing is the return on Natch Der Untoten in what we know now as Bus Deport. PURE SURVIVAL. All you got is an endless supply of random guns. To me i absolutely love this map for solo or Co-op. This map is a true test of how good of a zombie player you really are. Not only do you need to keep an eye on where the zombies are coming from, but also where you are going.

We will just have to wait and see what the first DLC brings us to have some real fun with good ole survival.

Oh and By the way, real zombie pro's DO use Deadshot and Mule kick, your an EDIOT not tooo......

PS. I do not have Nuketown zombies so thus i can not comment on actual events. But what i can say from what ive seen, it is PERFECT!