Very disappointed...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Acutally there are perks in Survival. In Farm, the original 4 perks are there, and in Town, those 4 and Stamin-Up are avaible. Nuketown I've seen Quick Revive and Jug so far, and I imagine they're on the other maps.

The maps are small because they're essentially each area in Green Run. But I'm pretty sure they're all bigger than Nacht der Untoten. If you can get past that, than you should be good.

My only complaint so far is that they all look the same (colour, fog, just really dull and boring), bar Nuketown Zombies.

I gotta agree with you on this somewhat, after some great truly unique maps on WaW and BO these maps all seem a little samey, would it of really took much more time to make one of them during the day or maybe before the rockets hit, I'm not knocking the game cause i love the game so, But i would have liked to see some variety in the maps rather than using the same art style for the ones available...

Also i was under the assumption we would get 5 maps, But it seems there are only 3 Tranzit, Farm and town ...

I'm hoping that the DLC will bring the variety i so desire, but I'm worried that they will keep the destroyed look because of earth being blown up ....

Complete agreement. The maps are extremely horribad and get boring extremely fast because they're so small and sucky. I miss my PhD flopper, and pack a punch is only on town ( wtf mang no mustang and sally except for on town!?!?!). This all applies to survival gameplay.

So far ( probably because of very sucky people but who knows) the tranzit co-op campaign-ish thing is pretty sucky too. Seriously the bus is a massively useless piece of crap, and if your team moves away from it for 5 seconds it takes off with no one in there.

Pros:

1) graphics are pretty dam badass for both zombies and multiplayer, like seriously.

2) love the galvestknuckle ( spell check?) on farm, that thing kicks so much more ass than the bowie knife lol

3) you gain points really fast, but after you gain enough for what u need (about round 12, open doors, buy perks, get guns) nothing else left to do. (yes its still a pro)

Cons:

1) needs more wonderweapons than just the ray gun :geek:

2) maps are small and meh

3) bus is a useless piece, (might change if i find good people to play with)

4) no flopper, deadshot daquiri, mule kick, or anything really to keep the God damn fire from being annoying. Much worse than the fog from cotd, or teleporting crawlers on moon. And its EVERYWHERE.

Another thing i find with zombies is tranzit punishes you for exploring the rest of the map ....

1. i missed the bus so went to following and found the whole road was covered in lava so i couldn't follow the bus route ...

2. Those dam gremlin things attack you and slow you down, which then gets you attacked by zombies, next thing you know your dead ...

3. You can't see a freaking thing, How am i supposed to discover stuff when everything looks the same and is covered in an extremely thick layer of mist !!!

Another thing i find with zombies is tranzit punishes you for exploring the rest of the map ....

1. i missed the bus so went to following and found the whole road was covered in lava so i couldn't follow the bus route ...

2. Those dam gremlin things attack you and slow you down, which then gets you attacked by zombies, next thing you know your dead ...

3. You can't see a freaking thing, How am i supposed to discover stuff when everything looks the same and is covered in an extremely thick layer of mist !!!

helpful hint- the gremlin things aren't really dangerous, if you have a train going just keep it up and spam knife button when they attack your face, it kills them.

And the lava thing is precisely what makes it so retarded. The bus not only leaves once everyone says "ok lets explore the map where the bus stopped for a few mins- oh wait wtf where's it going??? WTF DUDE???" But you also cant follow it. Massively stupid. Opinion still subject to change.

OMG, stop complaining.

I haven't even got my copy yet.

Don't be so negative.

Give it at least 24 hours before you make your mind up.

We need to get the egg hunt on.

I'll bet in a week or two there will be threads saying I changed my mind about TranZit.

People don't like change, but you will adapt sooner or later.

I'm disappointed in the mail service. STILL NOT FUCKING HERE YET. Bastards.

Regards, Alpha.

OMG, stop complaining.

Don't be so negative.

I'll bet in a week or two there will be threads saying I changed my mind about TranZit.

Regards, Alpha.

+1

I imagine people complained about the transition from World at War to Black Ops. Like Alpha said, you guys just need to give it time. Seeing something and judging is completely different to actually playing and experiencing it.

To be honest, I didn't think I was gonna like it. I was dead wrong. I absolutely love Nuketown Zombies, and the Grief mode. Haven't played Tranzit as much, as it's way to big and confusing to tackle for me right now, but I know I'll come around to love it with an appreciation like I did for the World at War maps and Black Ops maps. :)

My opinion is that I didn't really like moon (for example) because of all of the unnecessary crap. What it all boils down to is your arsenal of weapons, a few perks, and your basic train. I didn't like moon because if all of the unnecessary gimmicks and stuff. Farm and town are basically everything I need to have an amazing time in zombies; a train, some perks, guns, and PaP on town. Maybe not the bus stop because of no perks, but that one is supposed to be challenging! I missed out on hardened so I'm getting the season pass and don't have nuketown yet, but it looks awesome too. I honestly am not disappointed at all that I have 2.5 (soon to be 3.5) zombie maps, AND tranzit, AND grief. I am excite.

Post has been & gone. Looks like no Black Ops 2 for me today.

Plus all the codes I got in the Email are not working...

This should have been a good day. I just feel let down & pissed off now. :evil:

Once again the release of CoD has been spoiled for me. THANKS GAME & ROYALMAIL you F**kwits.

Regards, Alpha.

Yeh the survival maps are very small & if your playing grief it's very tight. Too many people in the one small area. But I really think that these maps are all about the Green Run Mode. There's 3 other areas in the the Fog that are not on the bus route which can be quite hard to get to, even at round 10.

There's 1 area that just changes the whole storyline....1 for the Easter Egg & A little shack with the Bowie knife & a piece for the wonder weapon. So the overall map is large but in a way quite wasteful. The Fog in Cotd gave me the shits & now we have the denizens/face huggers that just don't stop coming. I do hope the DLC maps are somewhat traditional, let's see where the story takes us.

I do really like Green Run & can't wait to get a bit further into the EE. Random spawns just make or break it though. It really is about strategy.

@ Punkrockzombie - you can just jump the whole way over the lava without Jugg. It's tight but can be done.

OMG, stop complaining.

Don't be so negative.

Regards, Alpha.

Ok, I got the game an hour before the midnight release, ran home in 5 minutes, so excited my adrenaline going nuts. Played for 4 hours. First thing first, zombies.

Tried the survival modes. Town- Since as I'm a big co-op guy, I of course went right in. Same 500 points and pistol to start, more zombies per round, zombies were weaker. Running around in map I see doors, pack a punch, perks all already activated. Strange. At about round 7 my teammates left because they kept downing, and host migrated, suddenly it was a solo mode. Figured might as well play around for a bit. Found train spot killed till round 20 then suicided. Got very bored. Absolutely nothing to explore.

Farm- Had more fun here because, I discovered the galvesknuckle. Its pretty beast. 1 shotting zombies till round 14. I had one other teammate and he was pretty decent. Even less place to explore than town. Map was ridiculously small. Got bored and we quit at round 17.

Tranzit- my opninion subject to change once I play with a good team.

Grief is pretty hilarious watching everyone go down so damn much. White guy effect still works as well, and is extremely useful for trapping enemies. Lead team to victory the 2 matches I played.

Lack of weapons as well. The lots of box spins I took, the only wonder weapons I found were the ray gun, the monkey bomb, and what I think is the qed, I'm not sure.

TL;DR -survival is really just meh, it leaves MUCH to be desired. And I mean that quite literally. Grief is really fun, weird getting into it but pretty funny. Tranzit- not sure yet.

I'm not gonna listen to a couple of reviews to judge Zombies before I play it because the average CoD fan sucks at zombies, but so far, each review states Zombies is the most disappointing of the "Three pillars" of Blops 2 so far... Whether it's because it's not friendly to new players or just annoying, I've heard it all already. Quite frankly, if Zombies ends up being the weakest part of Blops for me, I'm taking it back.

I'm not gonna listen to a couple of reviews to judge Zombies before I play it because the average CoD fan sucks at zombies, but so far, each review states Zombies is the most disappointing of the "Three pillars" of Blops 2 so far... Whether it's because it's not friendly to new players or just annoying, I've heard it all already. Quite frankly, if Zombies ends up being the weakest part of Blops for me, I'm taking it back.

I'm not tryin to be official or anything but you could always add my psn and check my records 8-).

My thoughts on it of course are mine alone, but its not the entire zombies that sucks, just the survival mode we've come to know and love.

u can explore when the bus leaves u just cant walk on foot from the dinner to farm but i already now where im going in the mist cause u have to walk on foot for a few buildables for the new wonder weapon which u need for the easter egg which u also find parts to build in the mist for that too

The lava is everywhere! It's quite annoying, in all of the survival maps it is in all of the outdoor parts. It is hard to avoid and the zombies blow up everytime they die on fire, in your face blinding you. After about 3 hours of constant blurryness, it gets very frustrating. The worst thing is you can't escape it; it is in every map. (I don't have Nuketown, yet). 

The ranking system in zombies is hard to make sense of. You can't tell when you go up a level and you can't see how much experience you need. I'm not even sure what the ranking system does in zombies, there isn't anything you can unlock. And with the leaderboards, they do not show what your highest round is for each map, just pointless stuff like the amount of perks you've drank. 

Also what has been mentioned earlier, I don't feel as if there is enough variety. The maps are all dark and dull. They all look and feel the same. You can barely see 15 metres in front of you with the fog. At this point it seems they have been a bit slack. Make tranzit and section parts of it off into survival maps. I'm hoping for some variety in the DLC. Oh and with the all the people I have played with, no one has found a wonder weapon other than a ray gun. I don't think there are any in zombies now.

On a more positive note, tranzit is quite good. At first it is just too much for your brain to handle with the help from a few pre-teens, but once you find people who actually know how to play, it is a lot of fun.