Nuketown Zombies Loading Screen

• Administrators

It looks like he's 'summoning' something? Is he wearing a 'suit' some type? (CDC suit?)

Good find Shooter.

He is definitely wearing a suit. Maybe it's just the lighting, but I had thought it was metal, but your idea of CDC makes much more sense.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this how Nuketown was Created/Creater?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Plowshare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Storax

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan_(nuclear_test)

Storax Sedan was a shallow underground nuclear test conducted in Area 10 of Yucca Flat at the Nevada National Security Site on 6 July 1962 as part of Operation Plowshare, a program to investigate the use of nuclear weapons for mining, cratering, and other civilian purposes. The radioactive fallout from the test contaminated more US residents than any other nuclear test. The Sedan Crater is the largest man-made crater in the United States, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Storax Sedan was a shallow underground nuclear test conducted in Area 10 of Yucca Flat at the Nevada National Security Site on 6 July 1962 as part of Operation Plowshare, a program to investigate the use of nuclear weapons for mining, cratering, and other civilian purposes. The radioactive fallout from the test contaminated more US residents than any other nuclear test. The Sedan Crater is the largest man-made crater in the United States, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Great stuff Pinnaz you're drawing some good conclusions.

I've got a thread coming later today that explains it all.

The "Sedan" Crater has to be the location of Nuketown.

You can see all the dirt tracks on both the real photo & the "In-Game Start Screen"

But take a look at the Zoomed Photo (2nd Pic, in my previous post) It has some structure on the edge of the crater & what looks like the "Clock Tower"

I can't & I am unsure if the pictures of the towers I am finding are the correct ones for this location, but they where used to feed electrical lines & house the bomb underground.

buPFqoc

(P.S. - Also, sorry I haven't even played Nuketown yet, I saw this thread, downloaded it & took some screenshots!

I think we can say that Nuketown is located on the Edge of the 'Sedan Crater'

Nuketown Game Over Screenshots

This is one of the pictures throughout the TranZit map.

Dammit Pinnaz. I was going to surprise you with that picture. I was clue hunting today as well. I was hoping that was in Nuketown when I found it as well, but I don't think Nuketown even has posters. Only portraits.

I was asked by Shooter to get some pictures which I've done, and I'll be posting them up tomorrow.

So supposedly Round 25 is the round the change occurs. I only got to 23, so no wonder I didn't see that. I'll definitely be looking out for any changes than.

The question is, who's the guy?

Sorry I didn't answer this earlier, but I honestly just thought it was a casual zombie walking by. It's definitely a CDC suit. There are zombies in Nuketown wearing CDC suits though, and I thought that it. However it seems weird that is the only one on screen.

What are you doing up at 4am Rissole!!!! Haha...

With regards to the 'Sedan' Picture, I think we have another Kino DLC pictures type thing on our hands, As in, Nuketown is a DLC & then this - (Electric Jesus will be happy with this)

I'm writing this on my phone so I don't have the in game image, but I did an hour of cruising the map in theatre mode & took heaps of screenshots of everything. There's 1 other picture I havent worked out what the DLC may be. (sorry to go off topic)

How did you get such a great picture Pinnaz? It reminds me so much of this picture actually, which Tac is talking about.

The Nuke cloud looks so similar to that, and those broadcast stations are you could say even resemble what we're doing in Tranzit for Maxis and/or Richtofen. Could Group 601 be making a return?

I know this was meant to discuss the loading screen, but I think we should talk about Nuketown in general in this thread now. I got so many good pictures at the request of Shooter, so I'm going to post some of them here.

What the clock looks like at the start and at 100 kills.

After first kill and when the clock resets.

Nevada on the world map.

You'll notice the perks actually shoot OUT of the nuke cloud. And it comes out similar to a catapult, arcing upwards before plummeting. This happeneds 5 times in total, for Speed Cola, Double Tap II, Juggernog and PaP Machine.

Some gameplay mechanic I noticed lol. Usually when starting, the screen is black but sounds can be heard like with every zombie map. Than it fades and starts. With Theatre, you can view the area during the black screen part.

So I found that all Mystery Boxes are active, as well as all perk locations decided during this part. They all fly up high into the sky and disappear. That's when the game starts. During the fly up stage, all mystery boxes are semi-transparent along with the boxes marking it with the teddy bear.

Board at start, and end of countdown.

Board after reset and first kill.

Your street signs Shooter lol.

Your sedan crater Pinnaz.

And the nuke in it's entirety. If you guys really want, I can edit the nuke photos and crater photo's so it's just one big image, so there doesn't have to be 6 different images. :P

There's more things I want to get though, some things we haven't discussed here yet. So stay tuned for more photos :P

Btw Pinnaz, do you have Skype? We should talk. ;)

• Administrators

The Nuke cloud looks so similar to that, and those broadcast stations are you could say even resemble what we're doing in Tranzit for Maxis and/or Richtofen. Could Group 601 be making a return?

I think that the sheer fact that H.A.A.R.P. was mentioned yet again means 601 could be coming back. Eek this is exciting!!

You show Nevada on the world map, and something occurred to me. All this time, I had thought that the TranZit crossbones were Southern California, but based on the location of the Nevada atom symbol, TZC (TranZit Crossbones) definitely appear to be in the northwest, aka Washington. Thank you for the image!

I think you should edit that last picture as well Rissoles, the last 3. It looks so majestic! And we could totally get PINNAZ in our Inner Circle ;) Fun time in there.

You show Nevada on the world map, and something occurred to me. All this time, I had thought that the TranZit crossbones were Southern California, but based on the location of the Nevada atom symbol, TZC (TranZit Crossbones) definitely appear to be in the northwest, aka Washington. Thank you for the image!

If the TranZit bus really comes from TranZit, then Green Run is in Colorado.

• Administrators

What exactly do you mean?

What exactly do you mean?

I think I'll better not be telling to much things... Just so I don't spoil the fun.

I'll just say, pay attention to the Bus. If it stops at your location and you have nothing to do there, crouch and see if there is something interesting on the outside of the Bus...

EDIT: But yeah, what you can find does not prove that Green Run is in Colorado, it rather proves that the Bus is from there. Meaning it travelled from around the USA... Like, from Colorado to Nevada, then to Washington/California/Oregon of wherever the Green Run is actually located. I've never been to America so I'm not sure where is the icon of Green Run located.

Great screenshots Rissole! (I really gotta play Nuketown)

What is the difference between the 2 countdown timers?

1 - the one on Clock

2 - the one on the Population board?

The pictures of the Perks floating around in space reminded me of this picture - The Black Knight Satellite.

Is anyone having any breakthroughs with the Machine on the loading screen picture?

I was thinking it was a machine that was built to rid the Zombies infestation. Maybe this was built after the time period of the game, & could come into the story later on?

I read somewhere else, AlphaSnake thought it would be a weapon that would be used to blow up the Moon (hopefully my interpretation of this is correct)

This got me thinking about such things, with the events in Green Run after the EE, search for things such as

- Cosmic Rays

- Gamma Rays

- Satellite Weapons!

I don't know of I'm on the right track but I was thinking something like this

Sorry, this whole post is probably incorrect. I got nothing.

I was the one that started to go off topic, but can we take the location discussion across to Shooter's thread -

Big BO 2 Breakthrough

As its getting pushed down the topics list

Looking forward to an analysis of the loading screen Mix. Your Moon one was amazing!

What baffles me is those yellow beams/electricity coming out of the rocket before it even impacts.

Also the nuke cloud we see the whole time.

Now I feel obligated to make that thread. It's in the works. But there's one thing I want to give away to you guys now.....

STAPLES

I think this means we are only a little bit past the half way point in the story ;)

More to come soon,

- Mix

Probably a stupid question, but what exactly is the significance of the population sign resetting and all?

I honestly have no clue. I thought it had to do with the perk machines falling, but that's signaled by the siren/alarm you hear.

The clock and population sign are connected though. Every 25 kills the clock hand will move up one till it gets to the top, than reset very much like the sign.

I'm thinking it's a gameplay mechanic though. Something that appears on the map, or certain weapons, weaker zombies, cheaper weapons, etc. I just don't know though, and I don't think anyone does at this point.

I was under the impression that the perks worked as such:

Perk 1=Triggered after the first zombie kill

Perk 2=Triggered after fist population reset 100 kills

Perk 3=Triggered after two more resets 200 kills

Perk 4=Triggered after three more resets 300 kills

Perk 5=Triggered after 4 more resets 400 kills

So all perks will be available after 1001 kills.

At least that seems to be the closest I've seen to a pattern.

That's what I'm thinking Undead. Something has to be done/started/obtained when it's 00 population and the clock hand is on 0. I gotta say', I love that bell sound. It gives me this odd feeling inside that I can't help but love haha.

Perks definetly have a pattern, different for the amount of players, but not related to it countdown. I believe they're related to Kills or Rounds.

Jason. In Solo, Quick Revive appears immediately. After 14 kills/beginning of Round 3, the next perk will definetly appear. I'm gonna calculate the kills and round number for each 4 situations to determine the pattern though. It roughly the same every time for Solo.

Also PINNAZ, get Skype man!

This may have already been said but, When playing co-op the first thing to drop is ALWAYS PaP. I've tested this with my friend around 10 times. It may just be with 2 players, If it were 4 it might be something different.

No... I was playing 4 player co-op a couple days ago and Jugg was the first to drop with PaP being the 3rd drop we recieved.

It seems the order is truly random (Except for Revive on Solo)