Electric Jesus

The Official Chicken Sandwich Enthusiasts' Club

On 7/26/2014 at 10:35 PM, Electric Jesus said:

As Boom said, he is "TaMB with spell check."

But not even. TaMB was mostly benign. But we must make a fraternal oath to keep this thread abel-free. If you need further explanation as to why I dislike him, read the quote in my sig.

On 7/26/2014 at 9:54 PM, Lenne said:

An unfriendly douchebag who mostly wasted his time in the chat.

Well this just breaks my cold heart... 

1 hour ago, Slade said:

I'M IN THE CHAT

HELEMAAL ALLEEN, WAAR BEN JE @Lenne MIJN LIEFSTE

Geen idee

Awards

Its like stepping into a time capsule. I'll give credit where it's due, this site looks absolutely amazing though. I remember 2011, when I first joined the site, and there were only around maybe 1,000 active users a day, if that. Tactical Insertion was a big deal, and AlphaSnake, two Lords of the zombies lore. I remember when Educated (can't remember how he spelled his name to save my life) kept the site alive in the off season with his strategies on how to best play the game. I also remember when all of that strategy related content ended, due to a certain controversy involving SuperHands and Area 51.

I remember being accused of rigging the UOTM one time in order to win. If you ever wondered why the rules for that contest were so long, it's because of me, I promise ?? I remember the feuds between CoDz and PlaytheGameCo, the rise and fall of the brony community on Codz, and all of the ensuing hate from StarWarsBob and other respected members of the community towards the bronies that originally made me want to stop using this site. Believe it or not, this thread wasn't always the biggest (or the coolest, which it is now ?) thread in the off topic section. It was originally the Bronies thread. I remember "the golden age" of this website, before Carbon left and it damn near fell apart. They don't want you to remember the "dark times" right after Carbon left, and our two Admins went AWOL, leaving a couple of under qualified members to run the site, resulting in the loss of the site's first three years of content (which they may or may not have resurrected, I am unsure, as I left the site shortly after)

I remember predicting Die Rise for Black Ops II 3 months before it was announced by digging in the Wii version of Black Ops. How they never would give MonopolyMac UOTM even though he surely deserved it (maybe they have in my absence?) I remember way back when, before most of you were members. God it's been a thousand years since I've lived that past life, or at least, looking back on it, it feels like a past life. Almost as if I were a completely different person back then. So much has happened, so much has changed. I just wanted to thank this website, for being there for me in the summer of 2011, when I didn't have electricity at my house, and I spent 6 hours every day on my PSP (because that's how long the battery would last and i couldn't constantly charge it), sitting in a lawn chair in my yard, stealing internet from my elderly neighbors who didn't know how to use it. I would constantly chase the shade around my yard, moving my lawn chair from under one large beautiful tree to the other. Every evening I'd take my PSP and charge it at my grandparent's so I wouldn't be bored during those trying times. So thank you CoDz for entertaining me, for teaching me about research, for allowing me entry into a world away from the nightmare I was living, and for giving me an escape. But most of all, thank you for showing a little 12 year old that there is so much more to the world than just the pain and torment we see everyday. Thank you

Awards

HEY EVERYONE

yeah that's right i still remember this old hideout lol

Revelations looks pretty sick. and im getting close to doing some of these damn easter eggs lol....

anyway, onto the REAL reason I'm here - some of you may have spotted if you're a Deus Ex fan, they're doing a design a controller contetst, and I got into the top eight. And basically, it ends tomorrow night, and I am not in first!!

Voting for me (jameslyle96) would be awesome, and plus just by voting you get a chance to win one of the controllers too

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/deus-ex-controller-art

luv ya

Awards

On 30 August 2016 at 0:43 PM, PINNAZ said:

Good to see you three legends @killallzombies @Electric Jesus @Nemesis_96 all post recently.

Glad that you're all still around & most importantly seem happy! :party:

(PS Nemesis, the voting had closed before I could sorry)

Hii

holy shit dude hall of fame! Well deserved lol. I see a lot of the old crew have got high ranks, awesome that there's all these familiar faces about!

dont worry about the voting lol. I got fifth in the end, not too bad not too bad.

Awards

I think I will be better off with buying CoD 4 on PC than wasting 90 euros on the legacy edition of IW just to get the remastered, after watching the mp portion of 4 on this XP stream, I have to say that I am disappointed. 

The revelations trailers didn't convince me either. D:

Sigh...

At least @thegoldenspork115, @Nemesis_96, @Electric Jesus, @killallzombies and @PINNAZ posted in this funky thread. So not everything is completely lost. ^^

Also: What word do you guys always have to look up before writing them? For me it is "disappointed" I just can not get that word in my brain at all.

P.S. I hate patches, hotfixes and updates in gaming so much.

P.P.S. I love you... Especially @Slade

<3

On 8/30/2016 at 7:43 AM, PINNAZ said:

Good to see you three legends @killallzombies @Electric Jesus @Nemesis_96 all post recently.

Glad that you're all still around & most importantly seem happy! :party:

(PS Nemesis, the voting had closed before I could sorry)

Awww, why thank you Pinnaz. And congratulations on Hall of Fame!!! That's amazing and well deserved!!!

And I'd say I'm pretty happy these days. What about you guys? Also, can anyone explain to me how this thread died in my absence? How I miss you all so, and your constant posting.

Also, Lenne, the word "necessary" I can never remember whether it has 2 "C's" in it or not

Awards

We need to keep this thread rezzed. Much as I hate to admit it, the off topic stuff is most of why I've stayed on this site, and I'm barely here due to lack of activity. On the zombies side of things, the codz reddit is a lot more active, and news gets there faster. This site has become so slow... it's so depressing.

Yeah I've fallen out of love with zombies tbh. I just feel like there's no clear tone and they wrote over all the loose ends from waw thru bo2. some people (youtubers and their fans) are all emotional lol, but it just doesn't feel like this story arc has been anything to do with the old zombies. and also i bet that revelations is just going to be a cliffhanger of some kind!

and i know... i hate people who say "I miss the old XYZ! You guys suck!" lol. But cmon, the only point of the original 3 games now is that it all got so messed up that maxis/ monty had to travel in time and space to undo it all, rather than writing a conclusion. Like... samantha has no relevance now other than being a child to protect. The whole Maxis vs Richtofen thing in bo2 amounted to nothing. and we wont ever learn who the blacked out face in kino was lol.

and like how they had to release three videos explaining and furthering the story after gorod krovi, because this arc was a new thread. I just... he gets the souls. they go to maxis. the mission, whatever that was, is complete. and the shadowman and this new made up race of apothicons come back. What was the point of getting the souls? Now we're just fighting the apothicons again.

/rant

I wonder if any of you guys feel the same, are you still enveloped by the story?

Awards