User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

More Staff Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Electric Jesus

The Official Chicken Sandwich Enthusiasts' Club

Admin

I can see why people skedattle during the off-season. No offense to the community at all, but this place sure gets boring during our quieter months. As much as I love talking to myself in the chat room and posting exclusively in Off Topic, I'm afraid it eventually grows tiresome.

Boredom is your fault.

4NBZd.gif

Some parents need to exercise more control over their kids. I was sitting there playing my N64 like a gentleman when he comes up and turns it off and starts throwing around controllers. I wanted to falcon punch him across the room.

Donor

The most boring thing has to be waiting until 360 songs get moved on your phone.

I can see why people skedattle during the off-season. No offense to the community at all, but this place sure gets boring during our quieter months. As much as I love talking to myself in the chat room and posting exclusively in Off Topic, I'm afraid it eventually grows tiresome.

Boredom is your fault.

-gif-

RABBLE RABBLE I REMEMBER BACK IN MY DAY WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT THE BLACK OPS II MAPS WERE GOING TO BE UTTER CRAP! BACK IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS WITHOUT THESE DARN PLAYBOX ONES AND THAT DARN TECHNO CLOUD COMPUTIN'! RABBLE RABBLE

Old%20Man%20Yells%20at%20Cloud.jpg

Boredom is your fault.

I think that's unfair, Boom. I mean, sure, anyone can find anything to do. That's not hard. I can go throw a rock in a lake if I want. Boredom gone? No, because simply finding something isn't the point. It's finding something worthwhile!

I feel bored a lot. A lot. And I hate it. It's one of the worst feelings in the world. I spend a lot of my free time working on personal projects. When I'm not doing that, I might play a video game to relax. When I'm working on the project, I feel bored because of all the work. When I'm playing, I feel bored because I'm not making anything productive. And there's those projects that are fun to make, but then I work on them so long that they become… not so fun. Or rather, I finish them entirely and then go "Now what?" And there's more examples, made by specific situations.

But point is, boredom isn't so black and white. I spend every day doing stuff, when not out of necessity, then to alleviate boredom in the most constructive manner I can tolerate. Sometimes boredom is difficult to escape, even when you are currently actively doing something. I mean, why else would I be replying to this post at 10:30 at night? Because I am sick of working on my project right now and need to wait for my tolerance meter to rise again, because I don't want to go play a game that will just postpone the feeling, because everyone else has fallen asleep, yet I remain awake. Even if I just went and did dishes or something, only my body would be occupied. My mind, vacant. I just hope I find a solution to this feeling. I just haven't found it yet.

Y'know Gamechanger, if less people skedattled during the off-season, then the chat room might have more than just you in it.

MMX, I find running what if scenarios to be very effective at occupying my mind. It is more enjoyable with others, but even by yourself, just comtemplate something. Take reality, and change something in it, like what if water froze at a higher temperature, or what if humans were reptilian instead of mammalian, and just kind of run through all the changes that would occur as a result of that difference.

It won't be perfect, but it keeps me busy some days.

In other news, does anybody have any excellent strategy games to recommend? Xbox 360, PC, or board games.

I'm especially in the market for Board Games, but I'll always accept recommendations for video games as well.

Donor

Hey @Delta

52jqjn.jpg

And the best part was that they [locust] were all using sawed offs. 

@

In this order. From now on imma call you the vanguard of our destruction.

tumblr_majqcg2oeZ1qa1gxyo7_500.gif

tumblr_majqcg2oeZ1qa1gxyo1_500.gif

tumblr_majqcg2oeZ1qa1gxyo2_500.gif

tumblr_majqcg2oeZ1qa1gxyo5_500.gif

tumblr_majqcg2oeZ1qa1gxyo4_500.gif

tumblr_majqcg2oeZ1qa1gxyo6_500.gif

I've said it before, I'll say it again, FUCK PEOPLE WHO CHEAT IN ONLINE GAMES.

Luckily, I recorded one today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2XtyaHE_8

I've started up a playlist on my channel about cheaters in GTA Online.

I see anyone exploting glitches against other players, I'll get my capture card and record them and send it to Rockstar.

Infact, I uploaded 2 videos today. The one above and this one: (MMX kinda photobombed the beginning of the video) haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpNwyJROr_A

I sent both videos to Rockstar and both reports were met within 30 minutes and told me both players were being investigated. :D

Seriously though, the amount of cheaters in that game is ridiculous and hardly anything is being done about it. 

Anti cheat to the end.

Edited by TheNathanNS

In other news, does anybody have any excellent strategy games to recommend? Xbox 360, PC, or board games.

I'm especially in the market for Board Games, but I'll always accept recommendations for video games as well.

How do you like 4X games?

Civ 5 is great with a huge modding community and easy to use mods (not so easy to combine as some tend to overwrite others). Also Firaxis is set to release Beyond Earth in the next months and most are saying it's the successor to Alpha Centauri (4X in space).

A classic I love is Medieval: Total War II. It's also 4X during the crusades era with an emphasis on character development and, of course, the franchise trademark ability to command your troops in real-time during battles. The depth of this game is astonishing.

Don't know many board games about strategy, but card games there is Magic: the Gathering. Although, that's not a very casual game..you'd need to be invested.

If you play Civ 5, I will gladly join you...I also think @Slade mentioned he would like that too. Ahem...make it happen

Civ is excellent. I am a huge fan of IV. I still have the discs. Never played V though. I didn't like the sound of some of the changes. Maybe I'll pick it up anyways.

As far as board games, I only know of two: Chess, and RISK and I'm already an owner of both. Although I don't necessarily need a strategy game to involve combat. Economic strategy and resource management is also enjoyable.

Donor

Papers, Please is an awesome strategy game mixed with moral dilemmas. Great stuff.

Civ 5 with expansion pack Brave New World is the best game in the series.

So if you're going to pick it up, get either the Complete Edition (all dlcs) or just the vanilla game and Brave New World.

Total War: Shogun 2 is great. Lots of fun. One of the best in the series. Rome 2 sucks.

Starcraft 2 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown are also great strategy games.

@ETEl2NAL407 once my new PC arrives, we'll take to the skies.

I've been practicing imitating the british MW2 multiplayer announcer voice. I go into games and say things like "enemy UAV online." for my own amusement. I heard that the actual voice actor would go into games and do that to mess with people.

Donor

Currently dying of anticipation for Treyarch's next game :(

Why does it have to be 1 more year?

I'm actually glad. Not really interested in zombies at the moment. Plus, I'd have to spend like $120 for the full experience, which I don't want to do right now, especially given that I'm kind of limited in terms of money due to college.

Speaking of which, classes start tomorrow. Not looking forward to it, or the money I'll have to throw away on books for those classes. Not caring for the experience so far. I don't like being around large groups of people, or having to share a bathroom with like 10 people. I also don't like being constantly surrounded by friends (even though my roommates are basically the only ones I have so far). I liked it better when I had a break from people after school. I just need my space.

@ZotD: I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you luck!

@Electric: Obviously sprawling on trees! What else? But 'tis an interesting thought. I've caught my puppies dreaming before. They were pantomiming running in their sleep and looked happy. I think they were chasing something.

I just wanted to say goodbye to everybody. I may not be on CoDZ for quite a long time. Lots of stuff needs to be done.

I look forward to seeing you guys in the future! *tear* bye! *tear*

Yes this is a sappy post. Deal. :)

Donor

jackson-fury.jpg

My job is constantly scheduling me for small training updates and refreshers throughout the year and I get them in my email...Just thought this one was especially cool and I'm sure you can all appreciate why:

post-130200-0-97148500-1408375152_thumb.