Electric Jesus

The Official Chicken Sandwich Enthusiasts' Club

Tennis is a sport that, I think, is grossly under rated as far as the talent of its athletes. If you've ever watched a tennis match with Roger Federer, you'll notice the guy doesn't even look like he's breathing heavy after a 20 shot rally.

It's for these seemingly inhumane feats that are constantly happening that I watch sports. If you ever watch something pro sports-wise and find yourself thinking, "So what?" please just go and try to emulate what they just did. When you fail in epic fashion, then you'll get it.

This arguing is pointless.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference.

Some people like to watch/play sports, others don't. We get it.

Any more comments about why any form of entertainment is or isn't worth someone's time, I'll note as flaming and the user in question will be warned.

Who's getting offended by defending their preferences? Jesus, can't we discuss something besides Chicken for once in a while?

Donor

Ever since this discussion started there's been nothing but back-and-forth arguining and repeating the same message.

Sport watchers/lovers said that watching sports can be as equally exciting as playing one.

The others have said that it's not worth your time since you're not participating and having any influence in the game.

You can discuss what you want, but you can't keep on posting the same stuff that's already been said before, with only a change in example.

Donor

Tennis is a sport that, I think, is grossly under rated as far as the talent of its athletes. If you've ever watched a tennis match with Roger Federer, you'll notice the guy doesn't even look like he's breathing heavy after a 20 shot rally.

It's for these seemingly inhumane feats that are constantly happening that I watch sports. If you ever watch something pro sports-wise and find yourself thinking, "So what?" please just go and try to emulate what they just did. When you fail in epic fashion, then you'll get it.

I agree that tennis is vastly underrated, in really all respects. Despite this, after watching for a bit it still feels like I'm just watching the ball go back and forth. I know I couldn't do it, but that doesn't make it any more interesting to watch. It's just kind of a simplistic form of entertainment, and it's meh to me. 

@swappingspit, I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying about it, but since slade doesn't want us to talk about this I won't explain.

@Slade, that's a little bit of a simplistic way to put it, there was a bit more to it than just that. And either way, doesn't really make sense to get a warning for flaming when we weren't really flaming. I'll stop if you insist on it either way, but I just wanted to tie up these loose ends.

@ZotD: It was a random image on Google under the term "audience". From what you said, I could literally just pick a dozen words from the English language, like audience, that shouldn't exist. Audiences exist for a reason. Watching is valid activity. Sometimes you simply want to be a bystander. Sometimes that is preferred.

Sincerely,

a life-long bystander of society

EDIT: (I was speaking generally so my statement could apply to more things than just sports, but in retrospect it sounds kinda creepy, just keep in mind the context)

Donor

@MMX was wondering, the image confused me at first. Makes sense in context now.

As for the new topic, who doesn't love puppies? I'd post a picture of mine, but I'm lazy.

Also, is it just me or are the number of ads on the site increasing? Now it brings up a new link in a different tab occasionally when I click on a topic.

Also, is it just me or are the number of ads on the site increasing? Now it brings up a new link in a different tab occasionally when I click on a topic.

You should stop using Internet Explorer.

Donor

You should stop using Internet Explorer.

Using chrome, and have been for a long while.

Internet explorer: hello user, use me, I'm funded by a gazillion dollar company!

User: okay seems legit

IE: what shall we do first?

User: idk I guess I could check my email

IE: ...um okay. Sure! That'll be a snap

.....3 hours later

User: so is this page gonna load or...

IE: of course! Just to be sure maybe you should click the refresh button!

User: *click*

....3 hours and 1 minute later...

IE: I was just kidding, now you can get in! xD

User: finally!

IE: why so impatient? Just for that I'm gonna load this page with 15 ads that will render this site unusable! >:D

User: wtf?!

IE: where's your ad blocker now, bitch?!

User: *launches chrome*

IE: 0.0

Donor

The browser won't make any difference to the amount of ads on the site; nor have the amount of ads changed. If you are seeing more or being redirected from the site then you have an ad-on on your browser. Nothing to do with us and never will be. We have a limit to the amount we are even allowed to use on the site.

-Jolteon

Donor

Sounds like your browser is hijacked.

Use Avast.

Yep. Chrome is susceptible too. Happened to me and I caught it because the hijacker created another Chrome shortcut on my desktop. Had to wipe the plugins, ran MB to get the PUP out, deleted the extra shortcut, and Chrome was back to normal.

The browser won't make any difference to the amount of ads on the site; nor have the amount of ads changed. If you are seeing more or being redirected from the site then you have an ad-on on your browser. Nothing to do with us and never will be. We have a limit to the amount we are even allowed to use on the site.

-Jolteon

This.

Check the reviews on the add-ons you have installed, sometimes add-on devs sell out tom 3rd party companies who inject adverts and spyware into them.

Also, get ad blocker!

Donor

We can't even use adblock on this site....

I've checked my add ons, but nothing unusual seems to be there. Just ad block, skype, and norton security. I'll work with it for a bit and see if that does anything.

Donor

Adios, non-amigos.

ve115w.png

Admin

fk9kih.jpg

Shots fired.