The Official Chicken Sandwich Enthusiasts' Club

Electric Jesus

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you ever seen a hilarious picture and wanted to share it with your pals on CoDz? Have you seen a video that you needed to show someone or you felt like you would explode? Do you have any unusual

I'm not sure if I like this whole "challenge one of us, challenge all of us" mentality.  It sounds overly hostile to the regular users and frightening that if one mod is upset, he can just sic all the

Posted Images

• Administrators
Admin

There are just some things you shouldn't do for a Klondike Bar, EJ.

I recall a fried giving me a box of 'em because I was his personal driver for a day so he could impress a lady. Needless to say, I am one great actor.

Donor

I'm guessing it's a coupon for a fast food menu?

Donor

I understand it's @ 's birthday today?

Happy birthday my man, here's to you for being awesome :D

No;

bill-murray-awesome-359x200.jpg

Donor

Speaking of Klondike Bars!

4 Nikolai Klondike Commericals

2 Nixon Klondike Commericals

2 McNamara Klondike Commericals

1 Takeo Klondike Commerical

1 Dempsey Klondike Commerical

1 George Klondike Commerical

Donor

If a syncronised swimmer drowns does that mean the others should aswell?

• Administrators
Admin

If a syncronised swimmer drowns does that mean the others should aswell?

Only if one of them is the first to drown, and in the fastest amount of time.

Well, todays exam sucked.

It was really, easy BUT if we got a single question wrong, we failed the entire exam.

So, shamefully I cheated to get every question right.

I ain't proud of myself, but I know loads of other people did too.

But still, not proud.

• Administrators
Admin

It was really, easy BUT if we got a single question wrong, we failed the entire exam.

But still, not proud.

Welcome to college, where your method of getting the answer doesn't matter anymore.

You'll be seeing lots of those during your time in school. Cheers!

But still, not proud.

Welcome to college, where your method of getting the answer doesn't matter anymore.

You'll be seeing lots of those during your time in school. Cheers!

Uhh.... I already am in college.

I.T System Support Level 2, trying to get onto I.T System Support Level 3 this September. :P

Donor

The education system is all wrong in my opinion. Out in the real world 99% of the time you'll have plenty of resources at your disposal to get the job done. The concept of the exam where everything has to come from memory is completely wrong in my opinion. It works for some subjects, sure, but for the most part I think it's not the right way to go about things.

Nathan, in America they call University College so technically Festo is talking degree level ;)

-Jolteon

The education system doesn't teach you how to be a smart person. It teaches you how to contribute to society. That's the point. They create jobs and raise children to fill in the gaps.

I'm not one of those guys who is like "the system maaan! they put a computer chip in my brain!" I'm just stating a fact. They only teach subjects that either contribute to safety or the economy.

• Administrators
Admin

The education system doesn't teach you how to be a smart person. It teaches you how to contribute to society. That's the point. They create jobs and raise children to fill in the gaps.

I'm not one of those guys who is like "the system maaan! they put a computer chip in my brain!" I'm just stating a fact. They only teach subjects that either contribute to safety or the economy.

This is too true. Yes, college is important for understand the how's and why's of things. It's absolutely necessary to know those basics if you plan on pursuing a particular career path. At the same time, not many education facilities offer teaching on how to actually use that knowledge. You have no idea how many intelligent, young graduates are in this state not knowing how to do something outside of their job. 

I was always a firm believer of having high schools teach basic courses that involve life skills - common sense styled classes if you will. How many people know different methods to job hunt? What number of students actually know how to manage their finances when it comes time to pay bills or saving their money accordingly and such? Get the core principles out the way so they won't get hit hard by reality.

• Administrators
Admin

Must be up north, because that wouldn't fly down in So Cal.

Donor

I wasn't saying that the entire system is wrong, just the concept of an entire years worth of education effectively coming down to what you remember. For the most part what we get taught is actually pretty good (although I'd like to see some sort of lesson on life skills; paying taxes, getting loans, money management. I don't know about America but we don't even get taught a little bit of that). I just hate exams because they often don't reflect an individuals genuine ability. Perhaps I am bias having been a victim of this going wrong. I am more than capable of completing higher level maths, and yet when it came to the exam, it ended up being way too difficult because I was too stressed to actually think straight. The exact same thing happened in Biology and Chemistry and I ended up failing the entire year.

In short, the education system in general doesn't suck. The concept of the final exam sucks.

-Jolteon

you wanna know the way to do well in school? play by their rules. Sure, your intelligence isn't reflected by your standardized test scores. But if you learn to take a test and get a good store, you prosper within their system. Even in minor stuff throughout the years. Art projects, essays, etc. If you do something innovative and off the beaten path, creative as it may be, you won't get as good a grade as someone who follows the protocol. My advice is to completely isolate the concepts of "intelligence" and "education system" in your mind.

I swear every time I say "the system" I feel like TaMB. I promise I'm not an anarchist.

I know school is useless,

Probably everything I've learnt in school (aside from maths) has been of no use to me at all in college.

Also, I saw a guy who looked EXACTLY like TAMB yesterday.

Right down to the face shape, skin color, hair and glasses.

._.

help