NEW PERKS! Not a Leak!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Where's my Flopper!!! :(

Secondly, here's what I notice about the sixth perk. It clearly shows three bullets with what appears to be a single bullet dividing into two bullets that look as if they're slightly smaller than the first one. It shows an explosion in the background that could signify a change in firepower or explosive capabilities. What this means could be a multitude of things.

My guess is that it lowers the damage a little bit, but creates an explosion on impact that will do more damage to surrounding zombies rather than just going in a straight line than the shot losing it's power as it goes through more zombies.

The tombstone obviously has something to do with us going down and bleeding out and re-spawning with all our previous equipment or at least having to go get it, possibly.

Here come the political post!

HA! Screw politics; the caption was just really fitting.

Back on topic *ahem* *hemhemhem* here are all of the current theories in these new perks and my input on them.

TOMBSTONE

1. Keep items and / or perks after going down. This is simple enough and in my opinion likely.

2. set a tombstone like a tactical insertion (respawn marker). Possible but not very zombie-esque.

3. Drop your stuff at a tombstone upon death; must be retrieved. I think this is the most likely because of its simplicity and how helpful this could be when used in conjunction with mule kick, for example.

THAT OTHER ONE

1. Bandolier (extra reserve mags). I like this idea and hope it is true. We haven't had a normal boss round since ascension so ammo is pretty tight sometimes.

2. Explosive / fragmenting / upgraded ammo (stopping power). Well, we DO already have PaP for power upgrades, but I guess as a compromise this is a lower level upgrade but affects all held weapons.

3. Splash damaging explosive rounds. I don't like this idea personally, and I doubt it will be in the game, becausecthat would destroy the fine line between raygun / explosives and conventional ballistics for me. I doubt this will be the case.

• Administrators

I remember what you mean Mr. Touchstuff, however that was just a color change to make it look newer, not an entire perk logo redesign. My thoughts are that they are new perks. To me, I've always imagined Stamin-Up as more yellow and the image above shows a bit more of an orange hue instead of yellow, so I'm pretty sure none of them are completely replaced.

I remember what you mean Mr. Touchstuff, however that was just a color change to make it look newer, not an entire perk logo redesign. My thoughts are that they are new perks. To me, I've always imagined Stamin-Up as more yellow and the image above shows a bit more of an orange hue instead of yellow, so I'm pretty sure none of them are completely replaced.

Well, Stamin-Up is BRIGHT yellow. Double-Tap Root Beer is yellow-orange. This new Perk, unless they violate the color differences, should be a simple orange.

@P Diddily, the one that says RIP is Tombstone, the other one is just a redesigned Double Tap, Stamin up is in there as a sixth perk through

Double tap is the first one shown in the pic. It seems odd that they would have double tap shown twice. I have not actually bought double tap in the game yet though. is the symbol for it the 1st or the 6th one shown?

I am kinda disappointed in the lack of new perks(and loss of flopper). Tombstone is great, though!

Its double tap II. One bullet will fire as two, multiplying points without waisting ammo like you did with the root beer form. This is awesome, i like how they made it better bcuz they realized no one was really using DTRB. Im disappointed about mule kick and flopper, not so much deadshot cuz honestly, that perk was only effective on long range maps like COTD. See i think theres a reason they didnt put flopper in. It would would be more overpowered than jug, the reason being that it protects you from fire damage, and there is fire and lava everywhere. The lava is purposesly in certain areas so u wont camp or be able to run circles easily. Not sure about mule kick though. Im pretty sure tombstone is its replacement. Technically tombstone is not really a perk, because it is a tombstone shape rather than a shield and it spawns a power up. It doesnt directly affect you as all the other perks do.

Its double tap II. One bullet will fire as two, multiplying points without waisting ammo like you did with the root beer form. This is awesome, i like how they made it better bcuz they realized no one was really using DTRB. Im disappointed about mule kick and flopper, not so much deadshot cuz honestly, that perk was only effective on long range maps like COTD. See i think theres a reason they didnt put flopper in. It would would be more overpowered than jug, the reason being that it protects you from fire damage, and there is fire and lava everywhere. The lava is purposesly in certain areas so u wont camp or be able to run circles easily. Not sure about mule kick though. Im pretty sure tombstone is its replacement. Technically tombstone is not really a perk, because it is a tombstone shape rather than a shield and it spawns a power up. It doesnt directly affect you as all the other perks do.

They will probably return in DLC though, the perks.