BOII Zombies Request

Look people, I know many of you have either played zombie's early somehow, or just watched leaked gameplay, and have lots of knowledge you plan on sharing immediately upon the game's release. Those of us who chose to be completely surprised and haven't viewed any leaks or played it yet obviously don't want every detail spoiled for them. So, my main point is that before you all post boatloads of spoilers, consider this: at the midnight release is when most people will consider it OK to let all their info loose. However, none of us will have even turned the game in by then. You must also take into account the varying timelines and how some people may get the game hours before others. This brings me to my final point.

PLEASE GRANT A 24 HOUR GRACE PERIOD STARTING AT THE MIDNIGHT LAUNCH, DURING WHICH YOU WILL NOT POST ANY SPOILERS ABOUT ZOMBIES.

This is to grant the players who didn't watch gameplay or play it early the chance to be legitimately surprised when they play it. If it is force-fed to them by you lucky ducks here on codz, it will defeat the purpose of them abstaining from spoilers in the past.

Be wise; sanitize.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look people, I know many of you have either played zombie's early somehow, or just watched leaked gameplay, and have lots of knowledge you plan on sharing immediately upon the game's release. Those of us who chose to be completely surprised and haven't viewed any leaks or played it yet obviously don't want every detail spoiled for them. So, my main point is that before you all post boatloads of spoilers, consider this: at the midnight release is when most people will consider it OK to let all their info loose. However, none of us will have even turned the game in by then. You must also take into account the varying timelines and how some people may get the game hours before others. This brings me to my final point.

PLEASE GRANT A 24 HOUR GRACE PERIOD STARTING AT THE MIDNIGHT LAUNCH, DURING WHICH YOU WILL NOT POST ANY SPOILERS ABOUT ZOMBIES.

This is to grant the players who didn't watch gameplay or play it early the chance to be legitimately surprised when they play it. If it is force-fed to them by you lucky ducks here on codz, it will defeat the purpose of them abstaining from spoilers in the past.

Be wise; sanitize.

how about you request that people include "CONTAINS SPOILERS" in the title? TBH it's inevitable that little johnny leak face is going to post all of the carefully guarded information at 12:01am, he probably made an account 10 minutes prior. At least if we have people identify there are spoilers within then perhaps they will abide, if not - REPORT THEM :twisted:

*also - some people may be coming to this site specifically for that information because they know codz has the true experts of the community. i honestly think codz has a responsibility to have information up as soon as possible, considering how long the leaked information has been staved off. out of respect to the community there should be a warning in the title though. this is just my opinion. i'm not for destroying the mystery, just providing it for those who want to hear it from the best. :D

thanks for this thread 'lectric. you tell 'em!

I mean, whatever is best for the staff works for me. All I care about is not getting spoiled. In the interest of my fellow anti-spoiler zombie slayers, I just wanted to post a message here for them. I know that on Tuesday the Modz are going to be shooting themselves over the massive post overflow. And even still, there is always that one troll who comes in and creates an account just to spoil stuff. Anyway, thanks for the feedback guys!

There is no disrespect intended obviously to anyone. Keep doing the good work Ej and Expert. I understand where you are coming from and I know "It's that time of the year :) ". But yea it's our job to be on top of things when the game is actually unleashed.

way goes and hides inside a cave with new game

If this is in direct response to my post, I must say that I was planning to release the information Tuesday evening. Not Monday night or Tuesday morning, for I knew that people wouldn't want to be spoiled before even playing the game. Sorry for any inconvience I may have caused.

LOL I didn't have anyone in mind at all actually! I have heard more than one person say "the lid comes off on the 13th" or whatever. Didn't mean to sound accusatory bro.

Way2g00, what a little rascal! ...not like I can say I won't do the same though...

Totally agree. But it's just gonna be up to us as the user to avoid visiting the site after release. It's a guarantee you'll see spoilers if you come on here, so it's in your best interest to avoid CoDz if you want to discover everything yourself.

I'll probably avoid the site for the first couple days as I get my bearings straight.

Be wise; sanitize.

i suck at editing posts.disregard and see post several posts down lol :lol:

Be wise; sanitize.

I don't think that's necessary. that's why we have

zombies spoilers

There's a limit with how far this 'no leaks' thing goes. No one has seen Nuketown Zombies yet, and I mean no one, so we will all be in for a surprise when we first play that. I, for one, will not be watching any videos on that until I play it myself. I want to be legitimately shocked.

That being said, like Way and Mix have already stated, there's a line. The game will be out. Albeit, Treyarch has an embargo on videos on Tranzit before November 14th, but still. I mean, it's not a leak when the game's out. If you don't want to be spoiled, don't look. Simple as that.

I think this all ties back into the purpose of the no leaks rule. Yes, a big part of it was, I'm assuming, not having the game spoiled for those who want to be surprised. And okay, I understand that. But another huge part of it was respecting Treyarch's wishes. If they wanted the game to be leaked, then they wouldn't really care about all this footage popping up. But they do. We want to look like the bigger person in this sea of leaks, and I think that's the factor that has led to this extremely strict no leak rule.

Of course, I went off on a tangent, as usual, but you get my point.

Like a great famous people once said "No one can possibly know what is about to happen: it is happening, each time, for the first time, for the only time." -James Baldwin

"There is something even in the lapse of time by which time recovers itself." -Henry David Thoreau

and my favorite and classic

"It is my opinion that time brings all things to fruition; by time all things are made plain; time is the father of truth." -François Rabelais

Time will tell my friend of how things will plan out. Time controls you but you can control it time to time. :) So what will the people do?

Like a great famous people once said "No one can possibly know what is about to happen: it is happening, each time, for the first time, for the only time." -James Baldwin

"There is something even in the lapse of time by which time recovers itself." -Henry David Thoreau

"It is my opinion that time brings all things to fruition; by time all things are made plain; time is the father of truth." -François Rabelais

Time will tell my friend of how things will plan out. Time controls you but you can control it time to time. :) So what will the people do?

Don't lie >__> You just now looked those up, didn't you? :roll:

Don't lie >__> You just now looked those up, didn't you? :roll:

One of them yes by Rabelsis. But the others I know since I go to poetry club.

Ah, touche...Your poetry renders me defenseless. Anywho I completely agree with you.

Thank you my good sir. You are a gentlemen. :)

But yeah...time will tell if people will shut up (highly likely sense of social sites and chatness) or open their fat mouths an ruin it for those who waited for what since two days after black ops! So.....no spilling until what electric said and day at least!