I Just Want To Say...

This community is one of the best.

Throughout the years, the fans of Treyarch's Zombie mode have found neat things, anticipated new maps, and bonded together through slaying the endless hordes of meatbags, scumsuckers and knee-biters. I'm happy that I've been part of the community for so long.

Although my join date says 2011, I was a lurker since the early days of the site. I never had a real reason to join, so I just decided to read other people's theories and speculations, which in turn also raised my hopes for the future.

I remember fondly of the days when Shi No Numa came out, when training zombies was a new thing. I remember watching countless videos, deciding which method was better, Morris or Vandz? I, myself, couldn't do the Vandz method very well. Then there was the reveal trailer for Der Riese. Oh god did the community get sparked! I must have watched that video every day until it came out, as did most of the Zombies community. Once Der Riese came out, almost everyone decided it was their favorite map, including me. Hell, it still is. And yes, I remember how confused the community was when it came to finding out what the heck the Fly Trap was.

I remember everyone clambering to the box to get the Monkey Bombs, and everyone itching to use the Pack A Punch. My fondest memory of Der Riese is probably camping on the catwalk with three other zombie-lovers.

The community even tried to decipher when and if a Map Pack 4 would come out, with people taking into account the various calendars around the map. September 28, that was when it was gonna come out. Yeah, had to. And it was gonna be called Von Der Reich, and it would be based off of Revolution and have new perks and a harpoon wonder weapon.

Then that day came and nothing happened. Thus, most of the people moved on and silently waited for Treyarch's next game, hoping to a higher power that they would include zombies.

In that time, many people devised theories, and asked even more questions. Who really is Sam? Who is Maxis? What happened at Der Riese? Why is there Element 115 on the moon?

But the question that floated in everyone's mind was "What's next?"

We wouldn't know the answer to that for a very long time. Black Ops, Treyarch's latest game was announced, and while many people were excited, some were scouring the reveal trailer, trying to find hints to a possible Zombies mode to reappear. We wouldn't have confirmation until the Summer, when it was revealed that the classic Zombie maps would be included in the special editions. Oh, what joy the community had! Everyone went back to their old theories, revised them and brought them up again. The new map will be in a theater! No, Paris! Nuh uh, it's going to be a lighthouse! The forums were abound with what might happen in Black Ops, and everyone was ecstatic.

Leaks were come and go, and when the game was released, everyone was raring to fight in the Nazi Theater, find more easter eggs and decipher more of Treyarch's clues. Didn't help that they included a Richtofen soundbite at the beginning, making questions aplenty.

We tested out new weapons, finding the next "Browning and MG42". We used the Thundergun, but always wished that it was the Wunderwaffe instead. We fought the hellhounds once more, and swore at the thief who took our Pack a Punched Ray Guns. Yes, Black Ops brought out the old zombie killers in us, and we were happy.

Treyarch announced Ascension shortly after, and the community was up in arms again, trying to figure out its setting. The main ones were a cosmodrome, a lighthouse and Ascension Island. I, myself, sided with the cosmodrome theory.

The more DLC's that came, the more theories we made, and the more questions that were answers, and even more that were gained. We fought zombies as celebrities, killed meat bags on the moon, teleported from Area 51 and even shrunk the undead into babies.

Yes, this community is by far one of the best, and I simply cannot wait until the release of Black Ops II, and more so, to play and make theories with you all.

-Flammenwerfer

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure that it's not just the users already apart of this community re-reading the thread again? :lol:

I know I've read it a few times myself.lol

Great post, brings back all kinds of memories! Although, why no love for Verruckt ? The Perk a colas, those damn Usain Bolt sprinters, the general creepiness of the map, and splitting the team in two at the start combined with the discovery of the classic multiple extra weapon bouncing betty glitch is what really started me on my now four year(wow) old Nazi Zombie obsession.

Are you sure that it's not just the users already apart of this community re-reading the thread again? :lol:

I know I've read it a few times myself.lol

Great post, brings back all kinds of memories! Although, why no love for Verruckt ? The Perk a colas, those damn Usain Bolt sprinters, the general creepiness of the map, and splitting the team in two at the start combined with the discovery of the classic multiple extra weapon bouncing betty glitch is what really started me on my now four year(wow) old Nazi Zombie obsession.

Verruckt was by far my favorite WaW map. Nice thought, bringing that up.

Yeah

I've been reading these forums since the release of Black Ops. But my problem is, I have nothing to say. I know most of the storyline and theories of zombies, but I have noticed that I can't come with anything new or clever..

So, I'm always just lurking and reading, and most of the time I do not login. :D

I know guys, this post is as useless as my other posts, too, but I just wanted to say that there might be more fans like me in here.

POST # 935!!!

I wanted to celebrate this milestone with a thread I will remember, where I thank you all and tell you how much I love you, etc. flammenwerfer did pretty much the same thing here though, so I figured I'd just report back here. I love you guys, thanks so much for being so awesome, and whatever you do, stay frosty.

POST # 935!!!

I wanted to celebrate this milestone with a thread I will remember, where I thank you all and tell you how much I love you, etc. flammenwerfer did pretty much the same thing here though, so I figured I'd just report back here. I love you guys, thanks so much for being so awesome, and whatever you do, stay frosty.

This came across in the wrong way >___>

Thank you! And too would like to thank everyone up here for their wonderful ideas that I've seen over the last two years, even you tankeo, and this might not mean much coming from some random guy but I did have to say this...

And this as well...

Entry 74021!

Perhaps this next post holds the real goals of group trayarch, I still do not trust my unconventional allies, but they are of great use to me, but I digress. Who would have thought these people were capable of such wild, yet sound, theorys! How many stations does this group have? Where did that little girl disapear to? Only time will tell in this... FORUM OF THE DAMNED! (static)