Moon to TranZit - Maxis' Real agenda?

bbobs2

*This is my first proper theory on CoDz, hopefully it's okay :D Enjoy!

So I was watching GTTV bonus round online & heard a quote from (I think it was Lamia) saying something like "the actions from moon with have a direct impact on what is happening now", so in this post I'm going to ask WHY? did Maxis have another agenda on Moon when we launched the rockets instead of trying to reduce the zombies... maybe trying to double them...

I'll have two versions of this:

A short condensed version showing key points. Not much evidence, just what my main point is.

And a long version,this hasn't been edited for when I started typing so there maybe some repeats, this was sort of like my note taking too. This has FULL evidence to back up most of my comments & has quite a bit that I didn't mention in the shorter version

I believe there was always a lot of jealousy between Maxis & Richtofen, they always wanted to get ahead of each other, in the end we believe that they both had different agendas, Richtofen wanted to control the world while Maxis wanted to 'save' it. This leads me onto a big thought, did Maxis want to save the world, OR help Richtofen OR test out element 115 on the Earth.

Going to TranZit we have a larger amount of zombies (I think about 48 but not 100% sure about that), this may not just be because we are moving to a newer engine, what if the rockets we launched on Moon filled with 115?, thus doubling the amount of zombies we have. A way I could sorta confirm this is if we go back to NML after we've fired the rockets there is a orange mist, if we go to Shi No Numa & look at that meteor there is sort of a orange mist coming off it. Does this show that 115 is orange, DOES this mean that the rockets we fired on earth weren't to kill the zombies but to double them? Maxis' agenda at first was to research 115, why not end the research with a bang, literally!

The EE on moon had us launching three rockets into the Earths surface, here are a few quotes which confuse me a little:

"Greetings. If you are receiving this message, it means that Richtofen has entered the device. If you free me, I will help you minimize the damage that he will inevitably cause."

— Said after Sam and Richtofen switch bodies.

"*Maniacal Laughter*"

— After Earth was destroyed

Now these have baffled me quite a bit, firstly we have the message saying that Richtofen has got into the device & if you free him then he'll minimize the damage, this seems straight forward.

We know that Maxis wasn't actually in the machine (at least I hope not) and it was all a recording in case Richtofen did get this far into the process, correct, good.

The maniacal laugh is something that has been confusing me, IF this was all pre-recorded in an attempt to stop him from doing something then why does this laugh happen when you've destroyed earth, almost on que??? Why would there be such a evil laugh after the earth has been destroyed? I have seen on other threads that it could be Maxis from the Aether communicating with Richtofen. (more about this below)

DR Maxis and Richtofen may have been playing a BIG game of wit... what do I mean by this, well I mean it was a battle to see who could out play the other person first, like a game of chess, but on a more grander scale.

Personally I believe that there was a lot of jealousy going on between the two, Richtofen was made to be a slave to Maxis having to conduct experiments using 115, this was until Richtofen stubbed across the pyramid on moon, I'm not going to go through with all the quotes so here's the outcome:

Gentlemen, for two long years we have toiled here and at Eagle's Nest to build up fortifications. For two long years we have taken equipment to build up our labs. For two long years we have worked under Group 935, believing that Dr. Maxis truly wants to help the world. For two long years we've led a double life. Today, that all ends.

This shows that Richtofen is now trying to take control of his own group (I think this links with the whole Griffin Station thing), this is where the cards turn into his own flavour. There are other theories that say that when Richtofen shut the door on Der Riese Maxis & Sam teleported to the moon base, Sam then ran into the pyramid gaining control of all the zombies, Maxis then ordered her to kill the remaining people in 935 group, this has now lead to Sam attempting to gain vengeance on her farther by killing Richtofen. This is where I get confused, big time!

"Greetings. If you are receiving this message, it means that Richtofen has entered the device. If you free me, I will help you minimize the damage that he will inevitably cause."

The quote was said in the past tense, so this must've been recorded,This quote also leads us to playing Sam says three times, this activates the rockets (makes them rise from the ground), Richtofen didn't tell us to do that, SO does that show what Richtofens goal was, not to destroy earth but to conquer it?

This then leads to rockets-boom etc. The laugh though makes it seem like we have done something wrong, it wasn't the type of laugh that says "HA Richtofen I WIN". To me as a character it seems more like a "Damn, what've I done now".

The goal for Maxis & the group of 935 was to research 115, this then lead to the creation of many WW and zombies! The main question we need to ask is what exactly is the goal of Maxis, we know he wants to kill all members of group 935 but why have the rockets done what they've done, from the quote Lamia gave we know that TranZit takes place after moon this shows that these rockets have caused the zombies, whose been watching Derren Brown- Apocalypse? The meteors- bacteria- infected? What if the rockets were filled with element 115? The coordinates were set to either speed up the process of zombification or slow it down? This all depends on Maxis's agenda. Bear in mind Richtofen is only controlling them, unless he can make them mate then he only has the amount of zombies he has.

The amount of zombies we have in TranZit is HUGE! This may not be just because of us moving engines but maybe because it links into the story, what if the goal for Maxis was to make every 935 member die? This can only be assured by having zombies roaming the world, the laugh could clarify this. There is also the fact that in the trailers we see that there is an orange fog around, the same goes for when you go back to NML on Moon, the area is orangeish...so IF the rockets were filled with 115 where does that leave them and us? More zombies means more fun! But story wise... Maxis may have wanted something other than to reduce the damage Richtofen will cause.

So lets also go back to Shi No Numa :D here is the image of the meteor:

Looking at that there is some sort of a orange tint coming off it, I believe we concluded the meteor has parts of 115 in it? So yeah :D Perhaps element 115 is orange :D

Then all then leads to four new characters, these are survivors in the wreckage & it is up to them to save the world!!! There are also two groups of survivors that aren't happy with what's happened, they both believe what has happened as different, this causes 4Z4

So after reading that what do you think? Did Maxis have another agenda deep down?

Thank you for reading! (If this is in the wrong section then could a mod move it, I wasn't too sure as it does affect Black Ops II storyline progression... in a way)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part I agree with you. There are a few differences in my theory and since no one else is going to post here...

(* :evil: *) I shall offer you my side of the story.

Maxis (I believe) was just like every other scientist in the beginning. Excited about his work and eager to make a breakthrough like no other. Rictofen learns as Maxis learns and so Rictofen is happy to be Maxis's apprentice. After many years of failed attempts, Maxis became irritable and begins blaming all malfunctions on Rictofen. It doesn't take too much of this treatment to make Rictofen *snap*.

From the radios in Der Reise, to the point we actually play as Rictofen, you can tell an obvious change of character and voice tone. This man is crazy. Rictofen turns on Maxis and locks Maxis and Sam in the chamber with Fluffy. At this point I believe Maxis went straight to Moon. He can only use electronics and the Moon base is full of them. He also could have known that the Moon was the last chance if Samantha couldn't kill Rictofen.

Once Rictofen reaches Shangri-la and aquires the artifact, Samantha returns to the Moon and awaits her chance to free herself. She traps herself in the pyramid and waits for Rictofen. All the while, Maxis is torn between his work and helping the crew. Should he load the rockets with explosives, and destroy the world? Or should he load them with 115 and see the biggest experiment ever conducted? He loads them with 115. Once the crew arrives on Moon, Maxis tells the crew he will help them and once it is too late, he shows his true colors. His daughter has a body to help him get out of (Aether?). Rictofen has his control. And Maxis also gets to sit back and watch it all unfold.

Really, if you think about it, all three of them came out on top. Like I said, I have pretty much the same theory, just a few differences.

Thank you for replying death!

After reading what you've put it actually makes a lot of sense for Maxis to be a normal scientist who gets more annoyed when it goes wrong blaming it on the only other person present, Richtofen. I like it! Thanks for your ideas :D

Awesome to see you theorizing bbobs! I know youve been here for awhile, is this one of your first theories or have I just overlooked your previous ones?

I'll offer my full opinion when I get home from work in a few hours.

Keep em coming bbobs!

Yeah, I consider this my first theory as I tend to analyse things from articles, twitter posts, photos & videos but this is my first proper theory :D I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion!

There is a removed quote for the end of the moon Easter egg with Maxis saying that the explosions were bigger than expected, but for the sake of mystery they changed it to laughing

I think that means he only wanted certain areas destroyed not most of the earth

Hope this helps 8-)

You've joined today! WELCOME!

After a bit of searching I think this might be the quote you were referring to:

Well , that was a much larger explosion than I anticipated. I have done all I can. I simply hope those calculations were correct.

As you say it could be to destroy only parts of the world but this could also be to make sure that the rockets hit earth in the best place for the infection to work. Sort of like the "plane crash" show on C4 (UK). They had to make sure the calculations were correct otherwise it wouldn't have worked & all would've been a waste of time.

If this quote was taken out & replaced with the laugh then did they want to take another approach with the story?

Is it possible that Maxis was trying to save Earth by exploding key parts of it with 115? How that would save it? Beats me...Just a thought :?

Possibly, as you say I'm not sure how that would save it as such (using the element that made them to destroy them) unless he wanted to overload them with 115 (on this topic of overloading them doesn't a WW do that?) but then wouldn't it have been better to use explosives :twisted: I do like the thought though, trying to help but ends up making it worse, this would've made more sense with the quote NinjaNick (loving that name) was referring to but with it being replaced with a laugh I'm leaning towards the zombies being intentional...

Thank you everyone for your comments! Keep them coming!

First let me commend you for your post. I can tell you spent alot of time thinking over all of this and examining everything, and it shows in your post. I think you should dip your foot into the storyline more! Anywho, this is all just my opinion on the matter.

Maxis was simply a man hell bent on revenge. Richtofen had betrayed him, took his little girl away, and was presumably involved directly with his death. Maxis' intentions we're never bad. Group 935 was formed by Maxis for the sole reason to improve the human condition. He used the Nazi party for funding, all the while never actually supplying them. It was his brainchild, and Maxis' intentions were always good. Until the day Richtofen betrayed him and Sam, and sent him to (presumably) Shangri La. After that point Maxis had changed. When he is teleported to Griffin Station afterwards and is told to get Samantha out of the pyramid, he snaps, and tells Samantha to kill them all. It's possible that something at Shangri La affected his behavior like the voices did to Richtofen, but I'm inclined to believe he was literally going mad with revenge and hatred for Richtofen after the betrayal. Not to mention there was already hostility between the two from all the MDT testing being done. Maxis was frustrated that the teleportation testing was unsuccessful, unbeknownst to him that Richtofen was sabotaging the test (Remember at this point Ed had already been teleporting supplies to Griffin Station and knew how to successfully teleport).

To sum up, Maxis was and is not an evil man. He was simply a man pushed too far by Richtofen, and he wanted his revenge. So what about the evil laugh on Moon? Well like NinjaNick stated, the unused Moon quote points to Maxis' true intentions behind the bombing. So why did they replace the quote? Well you know Treyarch, they love to keep us guessing. In the Behind the Design interview with the devs, they stated they wanted to leave zombie fans with an apex or an ending, they wanted to really get people wondering what's next. That is why I believe they removed the original quote and replaced it with Maxis' cynical laugh. To keep the fans on their toes and to really keep everyone guessing.

*at 9:20 in the video

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episod ... --zombies-

I do agree, this is a recording. I believe this is the one Maxis quote from Moon that was a recording, and here's why: In the message, Maxis states he needs to be free. Maxis had set up the message beforehand had Richtofen been able to get into the device. We know Maxis was in Aether at that point, so he must've been trapped by Richtofen within Aether. Maxis was prepared for this, and had a message ready that could lead to his release. After we play Sam Says, the security system is overriden, Maxis is released, and he gains control of the station.

I've been saying it for 6 months. Maxis' goal was never to blow up the Earth or send 115 filled rockets, but to target specific areas of Earth that will wipeout a significant amount of the zombies. My best guess would be that America, Germany, and Russia were the targets, as they were the main areas of zombie activity. The infestation dies out to an extent, but not all are kille and they quickly spread across the world once again, leading us to the events of BO2. It's possible that the rockets were filled with 115, but I could only see that as helping Richtofen, which Maxis wouldn't want. There's a link in my signature from an old thread regarding the quote.

As for the orange/red tint in the sky after the explosion, I believe this was caused by partial destruction of Earth's atmosphere. This explains why the stars are much clearer to see, as our polluted atmosphere on Earth tends to blur and distort the image a bit. With those layers gone, the stars are now much clearer. The orange red tint we're seeing can also be explained by the lack of a full atmosphere. Much like at sunrise and sunset, the sun protrudes through more of our atmosphere, causing the redish tint we see. This is what's happening during the events of Black Ops 2. The sun is passing through more of our atmosphere than normal (since part of it was destroyed by the rockets), giving us the red tint we see in the trailers. Just my take on it.

Alot of this ccan be supported by files, quotes, etc found throughout the games. Hope all this helps and remember it's just my opinion on it. And again good to see you theorizing bbobs!

Shooter

Firstly thank you very much for your comments Shooter! Hopefully with Black Ops II I should be able to involve myself more with the storyline theories than I could with Black Ops.

I really like your theory! Very interesting! Thank you for that :D

I'm really looking forward to playing in TranZit which will hopefully give us a few answers concerning the older characters as Mark L said "the characters will be there in some form" so I'm hoping we'll get more information about their current situation which could tell us more about what happened to earth... only a few days left!!!

When I get a chance I'll have a look at your older thread about the quote and see what you think of it :D

Thank you very much Shooter!

Very interesting theory, i have a feeling there is much much more to tranzit than people think, which should shed some light as to what is happening. Some noticable things i have picked up during playing black ops 2;

The bus driver t.e.d.d makes many references to a research facility and says thats where we are going, however never goes.

My understanding so far is that the map nuketown is based before tranzit because during the rounds you can still here the bus beep on that map, along with the characters from tranzits voices being heard from the bunker when you knife, finally the map discription of nuketown mentions a research facility so i think nuketown is the research facility t.e.d.d refers too and the characters escaped to the bus shelter. Also if you look at the map nuketown navada is very close to tranzit...

New proof from the TV on tranzit proves that maxist "Dun Fucked Up". He says before he shoots the rockets that "the calculations are done". But in the TV on tranzit he says that his calculations were incorrect out of haste, but that he has a plan B. his plan B is to activate "Global Polarization Devices".

I think that there is also a little hint of how maxist communicates. He is only able to communicate through radio waves and thus can talk through a tv. However the electricity generated by turning on the power. This explains why we only hear him through radios on the maps. He couldnt communicate to the original characters before because of all the interference. It could just be that he blew up earth kinda so that he could save what was left by fully being able totake charge and telling people what to do. I still think maxist is just an overworked father who has been exposed to too much 115. He might be insane...but at least he doesnt have voices in his head telling him what to do...lol

• 1 month later...