User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Sign in to follow this  
Electric Jesus

What are your unusual phobias or pet peeves?

I'm scared of drowning.... Don't judge me :cry:

Me too! I am not afraid to go swimming or anything, but if someone pulls my foot or grabs my arm while I'm swimming, or god forbid they hold my head underwater as a joke, I will literally freak out for about 5 seconds of total devastation. ughhh.... I almost drowned as a young kid and I have never really gotten over that feeling of not being in control of my body while in water.

Also, about a week ago, a boy named Louis lowenthal who went to school with me died at a swim meet... Our entire school, town, county, and state have mourned him. That doesn't exactly make me any less frightened of drowning.

Someone dropping me off in the middle of the ocean n leaving me is my biggest fear

I'm scared of paper cuts. Seriously. I have left 2 jobs because of this fear. One because i got a paper cut, and the other because of the possibility of getting paper cuts.

The funniest thing is that i'm a chef and therefore work with very sharp knives all day. Why am i not scared of them i imagine you'd ask. I don't know. I just don't know.

This is really weird but I hate it when adults don't tell the truth to young children when they ask an important and intellectual question, instead making up some fantasy story along the lines of "the magical elves did it" or "the Moon is made of cheese".

I just think it's wrong to give children incorrect information because they are at the stage in life where they will learn about how things in the World work. I also believe that if a child is given made up information it could affect their intelligence. For example I know this seems a little bit serious but if parents stopped telling their children that Santa flies over the World in one night delivering presents through chimneys perhaps then the children would understand such factors as the size of the Earth, how air travel actually works (flying reindeer are you kidding me) Hold on... I think I just had a eureka moment whilst typing "kidding"! YEAH THAT'S IT STOP KIDDING KIDS THEN WE WILL BECOME SMARTER HUMANS!

I fully agree with you.

Whenever I have a child, I am going to answer his or her questions fully and completely. I'll try to simplify so the child can understand it, but it will still be the correct information.

"Daddy, where do babies come from?"

"Well you see all this squishy meat all over our bones?"

"Yeah."

"Well this all made up of what is called 'somatic cells'. You, I, and everyone are made up of these things. But guess what?"

"What?"

"There is another type of cell. We all carry a little bit of it. And when a boy and a girl like each other a lot, these things can kinda touch, and it becomes a baby. It takes a long time. It's gradual. But that's the gist of it."

"Wow. Okay. Thanks Daddy."

I know it must sound strange, but it'll be worth it to have a really intelligent kid. Btw, it won't be taking the mysticism out of human life. The "other kind of cell" will come off to her as a type of "soul". You want to make sure you don't destroy a child's belief. I won't go any deeper than that because I don't want to scar him or her. :P

It reminds me of that commercial where the little girl goes:

"Daddy, why is the sky blue?"

"To match your eyes."

"Nope. Not even close. It's because the wavelengths of light refract through the atmosphere, and, since blue is the shortest wavelength, the sky appears blue."

"Who told you that?"

"Mommy."

"Your mommy's really smart."

"Yeah."

To take it a step even further, talk to children like adults. You have no idea how much the "goo-goo-wah-wah" baby jiggerbish talk that ADULTS do HINDERS a child's vocal learning. If you talk to the child like he is an adult, which by no means means monotonous, he or she will very likely develop faster, not physically, but mentally.

I do have to take your Santa comment with a grain of salt. The side affect of telling children that such a being does not exist can have serious consequences. First of all, your child will lose belief. That's something you might want to maintain. Besides all the spiritual reasons, a believing child will believe in worldly things, such as how good exists in the world: that is a belief worth having. Secondly, children can be difficult. A lot of parents use Santa as a way to get their children to behave. Some might see that as taking the easy way out of parenting. But the truth is, parenting is hard. Parents might need someone else to do the work during the "terrible two's" or three's, four's and five's.

I fully agree with you, but I think that the opposition for the Santa bit have a good point. Personally, when I have a child, I'll make my decision on what to do with the Santa thing depending on the child: a case-by-case basis, if you will, except there will only, for me, be one case.

I hate it when people try taking my food. They won't without a fight... unless they're willing to pay.

They never are.

+1. I hate taking a girl out on a date, and I tell her to order whatever she wants and she orders a salad, and then eats all of my god damn fries! If you wanted fries why didn't you just order them gahhhh! :x

:lol: jk...mostly

Lol. Because ordering a salad makes her feel dainty. But those fries... "I'll just have a couple... more..."

I'm scared of drowning.... Don't judge me :cry:

Everyone is afraid to drown. It's just some people are more afraid than others. So don't feel so bad. :)

I'm scared of paper cuts. Seriously. I have left 2 jobs because of this fear. One because i got a paper cut, and the other because of the possibility of getting paper cuts.

The funniest thing is that i'm a chef and therefore work with very sharp knives all day. Why am i not scared of them i imagine you'd ask. I don't know. I just don't know.

Have you considered getting coaching to try to rid yourself of this fear? It just seems to be serious since it is affecting your job criteria.

Donor

I nearly go on a killing frenzy anytime some sloppy pig starts smacking while chewing their food. My hands make natural fists before I even realize why.

I hate wasps, bees & mosquitoes (and dragon flys), it isn't because they can hurt you as such, it is more the sound they make when they fly past you, if they get anywhere near my ears then I freak :?

I hate it when people act one way to your face and another way behind your back.

I hate it when people do something nasty (i.e. pick their nose/ear/between their toes) and try to touch anything around me without washing their hands...that is gross, even for a guy.

I hate liars and thiefs.

I hate racist people...

BEYOND ANY HATE I HAVE EVER FELT...(probably not that bad)I HATE THE FACT MY SYSTEM IS IN THE PAWN.

As for fears..

I am afraid of messing up. You are only given one life and if you don't use it wisely, you WILL regret it, until of course: death. I want to have kids and I have no idea if I am ready. Life is a series of events you have no idea about. That is my true fear, making the wrong decision at the worst time.

I hate idiotic people who ask me idiotic and stupid things...

How many left-handed washing gloves do you own? :mrgreen:

I hate it when you're the real slim shady but then everyone else stands up.

IKR! I hate it when I'm watching a youtube video of a game and then the same game has an ad before the video...

IKR! I hate it when I'm watching a youtube video of a game and then the same game has an ad before the video...

I just hate how youtube makes you watch an ad... for an ad...

Lol. I do like watching the Black Ops II trailer though. I like it when I'm gonna watch a video and that trailer shows up. I'm just like "Oh, cool, I guess I'll watch this again." :P

Humanesque figures in general, but I really dislike large heads and small bodies. Dolls are bad, real people are worse; I call them 'fraggle rock' people because that show had puppets like that.

No racist offense meant, but I live in a populated area and have friends/neighbors/whatever of every nationality, and when I see like an asian person whose legs are the same length or shorter than their body...total creep out.

Barney Rubble people...

Pet peeves: stupidity. Yeah, I get bugged often...

I don't care if you murder English for fun, but when just straight up ignorant? That bothers me.

Nip it in the BUTT? Would OF, could OF, should OF? Rage!

Humanesque figures in general, but I really dislike large heads and small bodies. Dolls are bad, real people are worse; I call them 'fraggle rock' people because that show had puppets like that.

No racist offense meant, but I live in a populated area and have friends/neighbors/whatever of every nationality, and when I see like an asian person whose legs are the same length or shorter than their body...total creep out.

Barney Rubble people...

Pet peeves: stupidity. Yeah, I get bugged often...

I don't care if you murder English for fun, but when just straight up ignorant? That bothers me.

Nip it in the BUTT? Would OF, could OF, should OF? Rage!

Oooooah... Just reading that set my teeth on edge! Grrr... Heil spellcheck!

I hate it sooooo much when someone (even when I'm in someone else's house) microwaves something and takes it out a few seconds early and leaves like three seconds on the timer without clearing it. Bonus rage points if they leave the door open. Grrr....

When people put up Christmas lights BEFORE December..

B!TCH that Holiday isn't till next month! >,

When people put up Christmas lights BEFORE December..

B!TCH that Holiday isn't till next month! >,

You know what's even worse? Try turning on your radio.

THE WEATHER OUTSIIIIIDEE IS FRIGHTFUL!!

*click*

AAAAALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YYYOOUUU

*click*

JINGLE BELL JINGLE BELL JINGLE BELL ROCK

*click*

ROCKING AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE!

*click*

DASHING THROUGH THE SNOOOOOW

F$&@ THIS S$&@!!!!! IT IS NOT EVEN F$&@ING DECEMBER!

I had a joke with my brother where I was telling him that I knew what the future was like. I told him how the future was in 2030. Keep an eye out for the last on the list:

In the future... tax rates will only be 25%.

In the future... ultra computers will be abundant... but too expensive for anyone to afford.

In the future... the FCC will ban absolutely nothing from cartoons.

In the future... Thanksgiving will be outlawed to give companies three months to advertise for Christmas.

One thing i have a completely irrational hate for is when someone scratches jeans, its just the sound and though of it makes me uncomfortable for some reason

Sounds weird but it is something I cant explain, and can ever seem to get use to.