Grand Theft Auto

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My character was deleted and I was kind of happy because I made some terrible money decisions, and somehow my money in my bank from my other character transferred, so I have $11,000 on my bank, and found my favorite car (Vapid Dominator) and Insured and tracked it, I really hope the delete character things gets fixed though.

Regards Yellow-card8

Been playing for the last few days in a short term sense. Not really saving up for stuff. Had 30k a few days ago and blew it just by having fun. Deaths, putting bounty's on friends etc.

Made that 30k back though now that missions are starting to have decent payout at my rank. Bought a 33k garage, then went on to make the free Social Club car my personal Vehicle. It looks and drives really well, I recommend everyone grabs a hold of it (you need to have a garage first, then buy it for free on the internet).

Is there any 'Join' option for Jobs? I know you can walk up to a mission marker and choose to 'Join' or 'Host'. Is there anyway I can do that for Jobs? It seems I can only Host a Job.

Also, I wish everyone was a little nicer. It's rare for me to run into anyone who acknowledges me, yet doesn't actually intend to cause me harm. Makes interaction stressful. I know there's a solo mode, but having all those players in the city makes everything feel much cooler...

...Also, I'm a huge hypocrite.

The free car is great. Although I'm wondering if it was intentional, because I don't recall seeing an "ad" for it anywhere, but I did see one for a free garage that doesn't exist. Typo perhaps?

Anywho, it is a great car, you can order as many as you like, but you cannot sell it.

I'm enjoying it, although, I have to say it only holds my attention for a few hours at a time. It seems rather repetitive. They need to better balance out the effort/reward system they have.

Racing is by far the most time efficient way I've seen to rank up and get cash. In a 6 player race, finishing 1st gives you around 5 grand, and usually about half a rank in the 10-20 range. Even finishing 6th still gives you almost 1000. And overall you spend maybe 6 minutes in it, between the actual race and the menus.

If you really want to power level, get a group of 2-6 friends, and just do non-stop races. No waiting for other players, just race after race for an hour or two.

That all being said, if any of you want to pop on over an eyeball my character, you are welcome to. My Gamertag is my username, and I'm only on Xbox for this game.

Also, you are welcome to apply to RealMenHaveAfros. It really isn't a "serious" clan though. I just have it for the Tag "AFRO" and the clan color which I've set to a pale Pink

Overall though I think GTA online is pretty good. Looking forward to all the planned free updates.

Gotta agree Mega. It does get slightly repetitive. And I rarely go near people. If they come to me, I treat them as hostiles. Perhaps I kill them a little pre-emptively but I'm not risking it. Not putting Passive Mode on because I tend to rob stores.

Also I agree Beyond. I kinda hate how it invites friends first though. Sometimes I just don't wanna play with friends, or I feel like I'm annoying them. I tend to do Missions Solo.

Fun Fact: I was in a Sandy Shores LTS. I was by myself against a team of 2 and 3. So 1v2v3. Somehow I managed to kill all of them bar one who was killed by someone else. Love the Pistol, very easy to get headshots and it deals moderate damage.

As a tip, don't drive in LTS. You're likely to be killed before you hit the ground.

So here's a selfie of Rissole25 and I.

Came across someone who had atleast 4 stars trying to have a last stand on a rooftop. Was entertaining to watch.

Fun night playing.

Bit thrown back by how difficult some of the missions are getting. The near perfect aim and high damage of the enemies sometimes causes you to just melt when popping out of cover. Also makes car chases less fun for the same reason. I learnt today though that there is a max health stat. It randomly increased like any other today in a shootout.

Also, seeing Rissole25 crash his motorcycle attempting to catch someone on a steep mountain and then begin to chase him on foot while repeatedly falling down half the mountain was the funniest thing ever.

We also beat Survival mode too. Only ever gotten to Round 5/6 before (out of 10 rounds), but we found a really great spot where they didn't spawn behind. We made 20k each and received a ton of RP.

Right now I am saving up for 200K for a apartment so I can get ready for the heists and have the planning room. right now I have 100k from going to stores, selling the higher priced cars, and doing a bunch of missions, and played a bit of TDM, and I got to admit, TDM feels really awesome to the point that I actually try paying attention around corners and my back.

And they have been doing a good job on fixing a lot of things on this game and can't wait for them to begin releasing more things for Multiplayer.

Regards Yellow-card8

So I'm back, not posted for about two weeks, since online opened to be fair. But Bugger me backwards, what a game.

R* have excelled here in me opinion, yeah its been buggy and the loading / tutorial issues were nightmarish for some, me included. But hey they just announced two GTA$ 250,000 drops into everyone's accounts, one next week and one week after, by way of apology for this so, whoop!!

Any CoDz clans out there, or anyone wanna join mine?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/shedtastic

No criteria at all and only 10 of us ATM so chance to rank up quickly.

We play xbox and in UK, but are a few PS3 and US in with us already.

Whats everyone's biggest up / down about the game then?

I'm loving the Bounty Hunting element (although blowing up cars makes you a naughty boy???).

I miss Nitro's though.

But hey they just announced two GTA$ 250,000 drops into everyone's accounts, one next week and one week after, by way of apology for this so, whoop!!

Whaaaaaaat!?

I suppose that's kinda cool. But everyone will now buy the $400,000 apartment now lol. Hmmm not really sure what I would actually do with that money since I just bought an apartment with a 6 car garage. Might have to save it and invest it when the stock market is enabled.

But hey they just announced two GTA$ 250,000 drops into everyone's accounts, one next week and one week after, by way of apology for this so, whoop!!

Whaaaaaaat!?

I suppose that's kinda cool. But everyone will now buy the $400,000 apartment now lol. Hmmm not really sure what I would actually do with that money since I just bought an apartment with a 6 car garage. Might have to save it and invest it when the stock market is enabled.

Yeah its on the R* Newswire, I'm sure with DLC there will be largers App's, buy a swish car :D

Nice! Thanks for the heads up Wooodd!

I actually haven't even played any GTA Online yet, I got a little bit burnt by the launch with the Tutorial freezing. Tried again on the 2nd day to the same problem. Kinda got turned off then but have also been too busy. It made me finish the story mode though!

Half a million dollar sweetener might kick start my online gaming again.

Thanks for posting that Wooodd.

Glad about the 500k. Everytime I get to around 25k, the game just stalls for me.

So I found this cargobob at the Sandy Shores Airfield and trapped this guy on top of the building. He was AFK. I wonder what he thought when he got back on the game. :lol:

While I was in the desert, I found one of those massive hauling trucks. Took so very long to drive inside the city.

After running over enough cars, one decided to blow up, causing me to crash.

The next logical step.

It flipped right over the unstoppable a train and landed a few meters away.

I still hope they add more songs into the game, please, there's only like 5 songs that I really like, and three of them because they make me giggle, atleast some classic rock songs or add songs from previous games like Welcome to the Jungle, and less of hearing the N word after switching stations.

But that's just my opinion, maybe they'll allow you to play your own songs, which would be cool, still have loads of fun online and Single player. And I hope they continue the story of C.J. in some sort of DLC like Ballad of Gay Tony or Lost and Damned.

Regards Yellow-card8

• 2 weeks later...

Dressing up Franklin in a Luis Lopez jacket? Yes.

Dressing Trevor as the Joker? YES

Dressing up Michael as Max Payne from Max Payne 3 and as Bald Payne when his family

Leaves him?

YES!

Forget MP, this is so much more fun. I'll be posting screenies in a bit once I figure out this darned Social Club.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Tech Admin

I bought the game, I wasn't going too but the mates all had it and I was getting coerced into buying it (against my wallets better judgement).

It is exactly the same as every other GTA game that has come out, it is poor. Online doesn't even make it any better but I will play it for a while until I get seriously annoyed with it or the mates decide that they have had enough of it and want to play something else.

GTA has and always will be one of the most boring games available (in my humble opinion) and I have no idea what is the big fascination with it.

It all comes down to your game style preferences.

I think the only is a blast with friends, and rockstar has always done a good job with the solo campaigns, even though I take forever to play them.

It's one of those game series that if you like it, you like it, and if you don't, you don't.

It's a free roamers dream game. But it lacks structure for those that need/like structure.

It all comes down to your game style preferences.

I think the only is a blast with friends, and rockstar has always done a good job with the solo campaigns, even though I take forever to play them.

It's one of those game series that if you like it, you like it, and if you don't, you don't.

It's a free roamers dream game. But it lacks structure for those that need/like structure.

totaly agree with you!

all rockstar games are longggggg, wich is a good thing really

gta 5 campaign was the best gta so far (i think)

& online is way better then any other gta but can be a bit repetitive, but some people might say the same thing about zombies buttttt ill never get bored of zombies xD