Grand Theft Auto

Finally got it to work via some black magic voodoo sacrifice. Actually managed to make it to the end of the tutorial.

then it froze and now my singleplayer save is corrupted. :( And Online stopped working. :cry:

-Heather

Dude I feel for you. I stopped messing around when I lost all my guns as Franklin. Were you far in the game? Do you have any older save's you can load? I always keep several saves as a rule of thumb, just in case my primary one corrupts.

^^Yeah,it think ill be waiting to play gta online till i hear its issues are cleared up. :?

Good call TAMB. Like I said, I'll be monitoring the Rockstar Support forums & Twitter - and will let you all know of any updates.

I understand that its to be expected somewhat of a game this scale though.

"minor teething issues" were to be expected. "Game breaking", "save file corrupting", and "character deletion" issues were not expected.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said on Skype:

I start GTA V

Single player

"Loading GTA Online Profile Stats....."

"Joining GTA Online...."

ALERT

The Rockstar Cloud servers are unavailable right now. Please try again later.

It's how they sucessfully load up my GTA: O stats from the cloud but won't let me play.

Oh did I mention that if I have the cloud error I cannot change characters on SINGLE PLAYER!?

I'm stuck as Michael and I can't change to Franklin or Trevor.

Smooth.

E:

Oh did I mention that if I have the cloud error I cannot change characters on SINGLE PLAYER!?

I'm stuck as Michael and I can't change to Franklin or Trevor.

OH NO! Did you save after you were experiencing this issue? Going back to an older save could mend this.

E:

lol

Well, GTA Online works.... kinda.

I managed to get online and my character changed.

Before the cloud error, my character was wearing a bikini and after the error was resolved, she was wearing a blue hoody with leopard print trousers.

Thing is, I didn't even buy those clothes. When I changed, I didn't even have those clothes to choose from.....

Secondly, the jobs menu is messed up.

Sometimes it won't let me select anything other than "mission" then other times it let's me choose "Race, Deathmatch or mission"

Dude I feel for you. I stopped messing around when I lost all my guns as Franklin. Were you far in the game? Do you have any older save's you can load? I always keep several saves as a rule of thumb, just in case my primary one corrupts.

I honestly don't know how far I was. I played around 4-5 hours up to this point which may seem like nothing but with my studies just having started again I have very little free time to sit back, relax and enjoy a game like GTA. I did not have additional savefiles, fml.

-Heather

AHHHH another lost soul. I have been experiencing this issue since 10am yesterday with no way of appeasing it. I have tried over 100 times to either force my way in, create a new character - this and that, and NOTHING works.

I saw your name sign in & start playing "GTA V" at least 10-15 times last night (my time). I knew exactly what was happening to you was this.

V

This is how it plays out for me:

- Lamar and I arrive

- I get out of car and am forced to walk into blue ring

- Car drives up, guy gets out annoyingly slow

- Game glitches and either:

a) I see a blue leaderboard that displays how much money I have

B) A bunch of players spawn in around me, we are all standing still. Some walk away.

c) "Waiting for more players", "launching session", or "loading" infinite screen.

d) All of the above.

- If I somehow get past the first glitch, then I get to watch the dude drive up in his car and walk out slow again.

- Game glitches again and freezes on blurred shot of the city. forever.

It's like you knew what was happening in my game!

I only tried to play GTAO 3 times when the patch first went live. As soon as I saw it glitch, I knew there would be mass problems. So I went & completed the story mode last night.

IRONY:- "Waiting for more players" - There's 10 Billion other people waiting for more players!!!!

I can't blame R* for having these server issues. No-one can replicate & "test" millions & millions of people trying to go online at once.

Though, with the game save glitches, hopefully this can be fixed.

Played about 3 hours tonight. Still had to reboot my system 2 times, but thankfully didn't lose my character or any progress. Yay.

I enjoyed my time. There's just something about it. I don't know. I am not fond of how the missions work. Right now, it feels 80% of the 'missions' are PvP. I only want to play PvE. I mean, the map has icons for deathmatches and races for example, but how does it differ from the blue stars? The blue stars are named 'missions' yet are the same as the individual activies such as racing and PvP. Not saying it's a design flaw, I'm pretty sure I am missing something.

I guess that's just because of my rank. I know when I get more 'RP' I will unlock more co-op missions. Just feels weird to keep replaying the same few missions over and over if I want to rank up. Doesn't feel natural

I got offered a mission by Gerald. I ignored the text message since I was busy with something in-game. Later, I can't find it anywhere. In fact, I'm pretty sure a random invited me to a mission that I shouldn't even have available to me. Just a little confused I guess. Half of the tutorial are the random text boxes thrust on to you.

It's only 3 hours though. Once I get on with more friends, get better gear and familiarize myself with the mechnanics of it better I'll enjoy it much more.

• Moderators

People still play GTA? Not bashing here, to each their own. Just it seems like using cheats, then blowing things up until the cops finally catch you would get old after a while. xD

I haven't used a single cheat in GTAV so far and I still have fun. :P

Welcome to the site by the way.

Looks like you went straight to off topic... which is not a bad decision. :lol:

People still play GTA? Not bashing here, to each their own. Just it seems like using cheats, then blowing things up until the cops finally catch you would get old after a while. xD

I haven't used a single cheat in GTAV so far and I still have fun. :P

Welcome to the site by the way.

Looks like you went straight to off topic... which is not a bad decision. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome. ^.^ Btw KH ftw, still gotta finish Remix in FM regular to get my darn platinum. xD

But I guess I shouldn't knock it till I try it. Just after the secret mission where you beat a prostitute with a... well... if you don't know google it, I haven't really had any respect for the series. D:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/cre ... ty_zombies

Naitrax and Delta are Commissioners.

3rd person to apply becomes a Luitentant.

I'm also throwing in an offer for 4th, 5th and 6th people.

In-game give me $100 and I'll make you a REPRESENTATIVE*.

Others who join after 6th, will have to work to rank up.

*First PS3 player to join will automaticly become a REPRESENTATIVE. I hope PS3 players can join anyway. :|

:D

Anyone have any info as to when R* will release the heist DLC?

just a heads up to all my GTA V players -

Rockstar has officially rolled out a Title Update for PS3, and they are doing everything possible to release it for Xbox today as well.

As a safety precaution, I'd recommend backing up your current saves before launching the TU just in case.

I was finally, FINALLY able to get myself through the damned Online tutorial yesterday - and it has been smooth sailing ever since (knocks on wood). This TU should take care of the most common online glitches - included freezing, tutorial loop, and various other widely reported bugs.

Anyone know if characters are still being deleted? Haven't updated yet, but I'm afraid to keep creating only to have it deleted. No point basically. Luckily I recorded my first guy (which I liked), so I can recreate him luckily.

Also be aware of Single Player being affected. My friend was up to stealing the JB007 for Devin, and the mission marker never appeared. Apparently 1.01 glitched it. So just be careful.

Also hope the missions are fixed. Always gets stuck on the loading for Cypress Hills LTS.

Anyone know if characters are still being deleted? Haven't updated yet, but I'm afraid to keep creating only to have it deleted. No point basically. Luckily I recorded my first guy (which I liked), so I can recreate him luckily.

Also be aware of Single Player being affected. My friend was up to stealing the JB007 for Devin, and the mission marker never appeared. Apparently 1.01 glitched it. So just be careful.

Also hope the missions are fixed. Always gets stuck on the loading for Cypress Hills LTS.

I think you should update.My friend ZfortuneZ is playing online on my ps3 now :D

Edit:and it seems to be working fine

pdate: The latest title update has now gone live for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

A new GTAV title update to address issues in GTA Online is now available for PlayStation 3. We're currently working with Microsoft to get this update published for Xbox 360 as soon as possible - we expect it to be live by sometime overnight. This title update addresses a number of issues that GTA Online players have been experiencing in the initial days of launch this week, including:

Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.

Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.

Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.

Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.

Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.

Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.

Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.

Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.

Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.

Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/a ... -more.html

Well, fuck this entire game. I'm sick of it at this point. I'm not touching online again until it is actually working. Why in hell did they not have an open beta for this? In those 2 weeks where GTA Online wasn't available, they could have actually fixed this broken game. I lost my character twice at this point, lost 15k and my favorite bike.