Grand Theft Auto

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a really good map online for anyone having trouble locating stuff.

http://maps.achievementhunter.com/guide ... ov/thecity

I love how you can add/remove filters for a specific hunt.

September 30th, 3:36pm: Almost all items are now linked. Still need to finish nuclear waste. Real estate signs are finished.

September 25th, 2:56pm: All Knife Flights are now posted with videos.

September 24th, 5:17pm: All Spaceship Parts now live, all Under the Bridge locations live.

September 24th, 10:35am: All Spaceship Parts up to #33 now have YouTube links added.

September 23rd, 5:19pm: Added all Hidden Packages, added Spaceship Parts up to #33, linking video guides soon.

September 23rd, 12:06pm: Added all Stunt Jumps, Paper Scraps. Currently updating Spaceship Parts.

I really honestly don't care that Rockstar "warned" us, because in fact, their warning was a lie.

Here's what they said:

“you should expect that there will be some technical teething issues in the early days of a new online experience especially one as massive as GTA Online.”

Here's what they should have said if they didn't want such a tremendous backlash:

“you should expect the game to be completely broken, and not work at all in the early days of a new online experience especially one as massive as GTA Online. oh and just to clear things up, if you want to play solo, we f***ed up on that too. oh, and one last thing - launching GTA Online may corrupt your entire save file, or it might just corrupt it a little bit so that you lose all of your guns. Lastly, we had 5 years to work on this so obviously we had no time to plan ahead. This hasn't happened with every single other AAA online game release, so it's not like we could have learned ahead of time or anything.”

I really honestly don't care that Rockstar "warned" us, because in fact, their warning was a lie.

Here's what they said:

“you should expect that there will be some technical teething issues in the early days of a new online experience especially one as massive as GTA Online.”

Here's what they should have said if they didn't want such a tremendous backlash:

“you should expect the game to be completely broken, and not work at all in the early days of a new online experience especially one as massive as GTA Online. oh and just to clear things up, if you want to play solo, we f***ed up on that too. oh, and one last thing - launching GTA Online may corrupt your entire save file, or it might just corrupt it a little bit so that you lose all of your guns. Lastly, we had 5 years to work on this so obviously we had no time to plan ahead. This hasn't happened with every single other AAA online game release, so it's not like we could have learned ahead of time or anything.”

That's a bit harsh :? They're trying there best to resolve it, but I never heard of corrupt save?

Regards Yellow-card8

Online works perfectly fine.

Unless you are being sarcastic, you clearly do not know what the majority of us are experiencing.

That's a bit harsh :? They're trying there best to resolve it, but I never heard of corrupt save?

Regards Yellow-card8

It would be harsh if it wasn't true. I've lost all my guns as Franklin, and unable to join others games because I haven't finished the Online tutorial because it's stuck in an error loop. It goes beyond server issues and turns simply into sloppy programming.

This. There is absolutely no excuse for poor performace at launch and/or buggy glitch infested or downright broken releases. It is simply unaccaptable. As customers we should not be supporting this by saying "Oh, it's okay, don't worry. They're working on it"

"Don't be mad at them, it isn't their fault / they said they're fixing it""This always happens on release"

Well guess what, they should have fixed it before releasing it to the public. End of story.

You don't see me going: "I'll have GTA V please, oh wait, is it okay if I pay 40 bucks up front then come back five days later and give you the rest? After you know, it's actually playable?" Fix your sh-t, Rockstar.

I'm getting real tired of developers thinking it's okay to release their broken games then afterwards play dumb and be like "We're sorry. Here's a Day One Patch that barely fixes anything to go alongside your Day One DLC, Season Pass and plastic overprized crap you got for "free" with the deluxe edition"

After Fallout NV, Final Fantasy XIV, Defiance, Sim City, Skyrim for PS3, Diablo 3 (oh wait that game is still broken) and most recent: Rome Total Disappointment 2 -- I'm sick of this BS.

Take your day one patches, and laughable PR excuses and shove it up your behind, Rockstar.

Bottom-line: QA test your games, godd#!&*@%!

Personally, online has worked fine for me, but I understand I appear to be a minority (although do consider often times, the majority is silent and only appears as a minority due to such)

Anywho, is this acceptable? Yes and no.

What a lot of you aren't taking into account is that this CANNOT be QA tested. They cannot simulate the strain of probably somewhere in the upper hundred thousands if not more systems all trying to access their servers when Rockstar hasn't really had such a popularized online world in their game history.

Most of it ISN'T coding bugs, even though it may appear as something we'd identify as such. The entirety of the world and the Online side of the Game requires CONSTANT server connection. If that wavers, even slightly, you'll see graphical errors, and missions not being saved properly in the Online Progress.

This is new to them. Rockstar is not Activision-Blizzard, Rockstar is not EA. Rockstar doesn't have many massive online games requiring beefy servers, and none of their previous games with online features had been as heavily advertised and popularized than this one.

They had admitted and announced several times, even before the game was released I believe, that this was going to be VERY rough.

If you weren't going to be okay with this, the worst possible outcome, then you should have waited to purchase your copy of GTA V. It is that simple. Hell, it is their right to completely shut down online starting tomorrow and never reopen it as stated in their many legal mumbo jumbos written on their website.

So, sure, complain and whine and call it unacceptable, but you as a consumer should have been smart, and realistic. If you cannot handle the possibility of day one bugs with an online games servers, then don't buy a game where the company announces that they are anticipating some server problems on launch day.

It is as simple as that.

However I will conceed that with this generation of games, and I'm sure more as it continues, day one glitches, bugginess, and other problems has become more known. The ease of being able to release things in patches and sometimes, DLC, I think has made developers relax a little bit on their QA tests. GTA V isn't an exception, but I do think the solo story did a pretty good job avoiding major problems.

In the end, the servers probably could have been better prepared, but there is no way they could guarantee or even come close, to having them work on Day One.

Rockstar is perhaps to blame for skimping slightly on their QA testing and preparation, but you all are responsible for buying the game, and expecting the Online to be fully working and contain all features on day one, when it had been announced numerous times that content will be added as time goes on after launch day.

So, is it frustrating? Hell yes.

Is it purely because of evil, lazy, greedy Rockstar's fault? No.

Will you really give up on GTA V because of this? Your choice.

I'm gonna wait it out since I still have tons of stuff to do in the single player. :3

Totally agreed, Lenne. I still need to beat the main story. So hard to find timing for gaming these days, and even then, it's a struggle to choose to between all the great games.

I'll be exploring GTA: Online for sure, though I'm sure by the time I get around to it (which, let's be honest, won't be for another couple months), it will be running just fine.

I'm gonna wait it out since I still have tons of stuff to do in the single player. :3

Totally agreed, Lenne. I still need to beat the main story. So hard to find timing for gaming these days, and even then, it's a struggle to choose to between all the great games.

I'll be exploring GTA: Online for sure, though I'm sure by the time I get around to it (which, let's be honest, won't be for another couple months), it will be running just fine.

So,Like i asked,should we play single player for the time being?Whats this about online messing up your saves or weapons or something? :evil: :lol:

They had admitted and announced several times, even before the game was released I believe, that this was going to be VERY rough.

If you weren't going to be okay with this, the worst possible outcome, then you should have waited to purchase your copy of GTA V. It is that simple. Hell, it is their right to completely shut down online starting tomorrow and never reopen it as stated in their many legal mumbo jumbos written on their website.

So, sure, complain and whine and call it unacceptable, but you as a consumer should have been smart, and realistic. If you cannot handle the possibility of day one bugs with an online games servers, then don't buy a game where the company announces that they are anticipating some server problems on launch day.

It is as simple as that.

See, Mega, it's actually NOT as simple as that. I'm glad you can brush other peoples woes off as whining and complaining, but actually the SIMPLE FACT is that there are 3 freeze glitches/bugs associated with the first online mission. 3!!! Now tell me, if there are 3 game breaking bugs associated with the very first mission, what does that tell you about QA testing, huh? Here I'll answer for you: LACK OF IT.

"Some server problems" - the Online mode is unplayable for a lot of us. The Online mode has a mandatory requirement to complete the Online tutorial before you can play with friends. Those of us who are frozen at the start are completely stuck in the dark, while everyone else is leveling up, and essentially getting better things, better money, better rank.

I'm not saying that Rockstar are evil, lazy, developers - I only said lazy. Attempting to demonize them would be an action of someone who takes it personally, that of which I do not.

And no, they didn't say it was going to be "very rough", Mega - their words were "teething issues". If they did say "very rough" then I wouldn't be saying any of this right now. All I'm asking for is some accountability, tell us that it's going to be essentially broken on day 1, and an official warning that by participating in the Online version, you willingly put your save files at risk for corruption.

I'm glad it worked for you though.

Made it online.

Got to a point where it didn't freeze, but nothing would happen during a loading screen. Reset my PS3, lost my character.

Aaaaaawesome.

Gonna leave it for the night. On my attempt to get back on, it said: "Cloud saving is offline". So I assume my character is still there, just not until they turn their cloud saving back on.

Was having a good time up until that though. Going to be a great time with friends.

Made it online.

Got to a point where it didn't freeze, but nothing would happen during a loading screen. Reset my PS3, lost my character.

Aaaaaawesome.

Gonna leave it for the night. On my attempt to get back on, it said: "Cloud saving is offline". So I assume my character is still there, just not until they turn their cloud saving back on.

Was having a good time up until that though. Going to be a great time with friends.

Cool.I couldnt get anything past making a character so i wen over and played story instead.Im not very far,barely into the trevor missions.Might play it some later. :)

Online works perfectly fine.

Unless you are being sarcastic, you clearly do not know what the majority of us are experiencing.

I retract that statement.

"Rockstar Cloud servers are unavailable right now"

I've been getting that shit for the past hour.

They should rename that error to: "Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable for Xbox right now, as Social Club still works!!"

These errors are pathetic

A list of things people have mentioned:

"Rockstar Cloud servers are unavailable right now"

Online characters being deleted after the above error [i've had that happen to me]

Single player saves being messed up. [No guns, no car etc.]

"Joining session...."

Black screen.

Game freezing/endless loading on the Lamar race.

Being randomly kicked.

Unable to host solo sessions.

Characters being changed

Weapons being removed/kept after matches. [unknown why after some matches you keep what you obtained, in others you lose everything except the pistol]

"Error timed out"

This character is corrupt.

Seriously? These errors are pathetic. Even GTA SA:MP and MTA are more stable than GTA V, and SA:MP/MTA aren't even made by R*.

I can understand some errors, but constant cloud "unavailabilty" will drive people AWAY from GTA V. I've seen people claiming to have bought apartments and having lost their characters due to "corruption", and even some who have purchased GTA dollars, which technically means, they thew away £/$ for nothing.

Like yesterday for example, my character, Nathan, he was Ranked 8 and had a fantastic KD/Win ratio with tons of money!

Then I got that stupid "Cloud" error and then R* deleted him. No warning.

So, I restarted. Game froze on Lamar's pointless race mission. Tried again, this time I completely randomized my character and didn't give her a name.

The game worked fine '-_-

But now, 6:30pm, The R* cloud error is back. If it deletes my character again, I'll be so pissed. I am NOT doing that tutorial again.

I retract that statement.

Seriously? These errors are pathetic. Even GTA SA:MP and MTA are more stable than GTA V, and SA:MP/MTA aren't even made by R*.

I can understand some errors, but constant cloud "unavailabilty" will drive people AWAY from GTA V. I've seen people claiming to have bought apartments and having lost their characters due to "corruption", and even some who have purchased GTA dollars, which technically means, they thew away £/$ for nothing.

Like yesterday for example, my character, Nathan, he was Ranked 8 and had a fantastic KD/Win ratio with tons of money!

Then I got that stupid "Cloud" error and then R* deleted him. No warning.

So, I restarted. Game froze on Lamar's pointless race mission. Tried again, this time I completely randomized my character and didn't give her a name.

Ah yes, yeah I didn't mean to be blunt yesterday - but I was actually confused if you were being sarcastic or not lol. It's insane, honestly the amount of bugs. To me, if your first mission has several different freeze bugs - then it's not safe to launch. I've found out that there actually WAS a beta for GTA Online in which representatives from IGN, NGT, etc. were granted early access. The problem with this is that, tops, there would be 4-6 players in a match. I'm unclear if the beta testers experienced any problems with having the "Mall or Nothing" Lamar mission freeze - but I'm quite confused on why this issue only happened on launch. Clearly, they should have seen this bug/glitch coming.

I've been on the Rockstar Support forums all last night and all this morning looking for answers - none yet. Last update from Rockstar was at 1am EST :cry:

I've been able to get in, but now I'm stuck on the first race mission after talking with Lamar, I'm now stuck on Launching Session with my player standing with other players, and some begin walking away. Anyone else getting this?

Regards Yellow-card8

AHHHH another lost soul. I have been experiencing this issue since 10am yesterday with no way of appeasing it. I have tried over 100 times to either force my way in, create a new character - this and that, and NOTHING works.

This is how it plays out for me:

- Lamar and I arrive

- I get out of car and am forced to walk into blue ring

- Car drives up, guy gets out annoyingly slow

- Game glitches and either:

a) I see a blue leaderboard that displays how much money I have

B) A bunch of players spawn in around me, we are all standing still. Some walk away.

c) "Waiting for more players", "launching session", or "loading" infinite screen.

d) All of the above.

- If I somehow get past the first glitch, then I get to watch the dude drive up in his car and walk out slow again.

- Game glitches again and freezes on blurred shot of the city. forever.

You aren't alone my friend. At this point, I'd advise against even trying to play GTA Online as it has been revealed that it can corrupt your save files for the story mode, and that many who have reported being successful at getting in have woken up to all their progress lost (as Nathan told us above.)