Grand Theft Auto

So what will you guys be doing? Exploring and having fun? Or Story?

I tend to do the story in GTA first. Not only does it help you learn the map better, but it also provides you a stock of cash, weapons and ammunition, as well as opening all areas up.

Getting excited for Online. I've heard to save your money, you've got to go to an ATM. If you're killed with it on you, it becomes a drop. For anyone to collect. I can already tell people will be lurking at ATM's to kill anyone before they store there money. So it's going to be a fun challenge to decide when, where and how to go about it. Be wary CoDz players.

Rockstar has said that if you're the kind of player that kills everyone, destroys cars, pretty much being an asshole person, you'll be put in servers with those kinds of people.

As for me, I'll do the same thing, get money, get my guns, than go down to town, too bad the Online won't be open till Oct. 1st.

Regards Yellow-card8

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gahh, after reading about all the new things in this game...I've decided I will get it, after all. Sounds pretty damn good and looks gorgeous. Hopefully I can still preorder it for that sweet blimp. :D

You should be fine if you pre-order through GameStop or whatever the Canadian equivalent is (which I'm guessing is something along the lines of "Hoser's Game Place, Eh?")

And I think there is no need to pre order the game at this point. Just go out and buy it the "normal" way.

pre order bonus' man!!!

Microsoft Store

The biggest pre-order deal for GTA V remains the Microsoft Store option that comes with $20 worth of Microsoft Points that can be spent on Xbox LIVE. Obviously, this is for the Xbox 360 version of the game but getting your pre-order in by 6PM on Sunday Sept. 15 guarantees free release day shipping. Once the calendar turns over from the Sept. 16 to Sept 17 though, the MS Points offer is gone.

Best Buy

Those that subscribe to Best Buy's Reward Zone will receive $10 worth of reward certificates by pre-ordering the game through retailer. Additionally, pre-orders here comes with the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle. Those that pre-order the $24.99 game guide will also receive a free Lithograph of the title.

Walmart

Big box retailer Walmart is offering a $4.99 Vudu credit for pre-orders of both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Grand Theft Auto V which can be spent on movies or TV shows for the online streaming service.

Amazon

There's no discount or credit at online retailer Amazon but pre-ordering GTA V from there gives access to the Atomic Blimp to fly over Los Santos in-game. Pre-order the game for either the PS3 or Xbox 360 by 1 p.m. EST on Sunday, Sept 15 to guarantee release day shipping.

GameStop

Pre-ordering GTA V from GameStop also comes with the Atomic Blimp but the specialty retailer is also throwing in a free exclusive poster.

LAUNCH WEEK OFFERS

Best Buy

Purchase GTA V for the PS3 ($59.99) and a 12-month PS Plus card ($49.99) at Best Buy and get $10 off the total purchase. The retailer will also offer an exclusive poster for both versions and is hosting a Midnight Launch at select stores across the country.

Best Buy is also offering 100 percent bonus trade-in credit for those that want to trade in a game or games towards GTA V.

GameStop

If you have games to trade in, GameStop may be your stop as it is offering 30 percent bonus trade-in credit toward Grand Theft Auto V with an extra 10 percent for PowerUp Reward Members. There is also an opportunity to get GTA V for $9.99 with the exchange of two eligible games.

GameStop is also the only place to get the Collector's Edition version of the game with the Special Edition sold out. Naturally, Midnight Launch events are happening here as well.

Target

The red dot retailer, Target, is also offering an exclusive poster with GTA V.

Toys R Us

Buy Grand Theft Auto V from Toys R Us and get any other Rockstar Games title priced $19.99 or less for free. Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, GTA IV, GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City and Midnight Club Los Angeles are listed

Walmart

No launch deal or offer at Walmart but it is one of the retailers participating in the Midnight Launch parade.

• Moderators

I might not get GTA V now because my brother said that he promised to pay the rest of it and just came out saying that he isn't going to pay for it and going to get shoes.

Regards Yellow-card8

That's mean. :/

Just got back from EB Games. Preordered the game in full. Tomorrow night is gonna be great. :D

Look at you Mr."still on the fence about it and I don't like sandbox games" :P

EDIT: Guess what is installing on my PS3 right now! :3

• Moderators

Because of a headache I could "only" play for 4 hours today.

Two things I dislike: The HUD and the fact that I am too overwhelmed by this piece of art.

The gameplay is fun in every single way, the world is beautiful, the characters are great. (I haven't gotten to play as Trevor yet though.)

So far I give this game 9 out of 10 brains.

Hopefully it will get even better the more I play it.

By the way: I admire the fact that R* didn't just take GTA 4 and made it better.

There really is a reason why it is called "GTA 5" and not "GTA 4 San Andreas".

But yeah: I seriously dislike the HUD.

• Moderators

But yeah: I seriously dislike the HUD.

oh no! what specifically is there not to like about the HUD?

For me personally the reticle is not "visible" enough.

The mini map seems "complicated". (Although it does look cool... just a bit... I don't know... :lol: )

And I dislike those weel systems. (Weapon weels etc.)

Probably just something I have to get used to.

Something else I forgot to mention: This game is definitely more difficult than IV.

Which is good.

[if this is in the Multiplayer]

If I spot ANYONE near my house, I'll get Chop to bite you.

You harm Chop and I'll run you off Mount Chilliad.

I've seen the achievements, I'm kinda disappointed that some are the exact same from Red Dead and GTA IV.

GTA V:

Wanted: Alive or Alive

Deliever a bail bond target alive.

Red Dead Redemption:

Clemency Pays

Capture a bounty alive.

GTA V:

San Andreas Sightseer

Explore all of Los Santos and Blaine County.

Red Dead Redemption:

On the Trail of de Vaca

Uncover every location on the map in Single Player

One achievement that has got me interested:

From Beyond The Stars:

Collect and return all spaceship parts.

I know what you mean Lenne. The HUD is a bit wired & basic.

I had the feeling that the GTA IV add-ons were testing for this game. There are a few inclusions such as 'mission completion goals' which are added.

Pretty cool so far. I only played for 2 hours as I had to work @ 7am. (can't wait to get home from work)

I thought I'd just explore & I made it to the top of the mount Chilliad. There is a Gondola that can take you to the top. Once you get off, there is a parachute. so the best thing to do was to jump of the roof of the gondola building.

The camera feature is cool. I was taking "selfies" at the top of the mountain!

I also found this on twitter. These will be fun when you want to create chaos on a 2nd game save.

http://au.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Cheats_and_Secrets

PS3 GTA 5 Cheat Codes

Raise Wanted Level R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT

Lower Wanted Level R1, R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT

Fast Run TRIANGLE, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, L2, L1, SQUARE

Give Parachute LEFT, RIGHT, L1, L2, R1, R2, R2, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, L1

Explosive Melee Attacks RIGHT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE, R1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L2

Bang Bang (Explosive Bullets) RIGHT, SQUARE, X, LEFT, R1, R2, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, L1, L1, L1

Slow Motion Aim SQUARE, L2, R1, TRIANGLE, LEFT, SQUARE, L2, RIGHT, X

Drunk Mode TRIANGLE, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE, CIRCLE, LEFT

Change Weather R2, X, L1, L1, L2, L2, L2, SQUARE

SlideTRIANGLE Cars TRIANGLE, R1, R1, LEFT, R1, L1, R2, L1

Slow Motion TRIANGLE, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, SQUARE, R2, R1

Spawn Buzzard Attack Helicopter CIRCLE,CIRCLE, L1, CIRCLE,CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, L2, R1, TRIANGLE, CIRCLE, TRIANGLE

Spawn Comet R1, CIRCLE, R2, RIGHT, L1, L2, X, X, SQUARE, R1

Spawn Sanchez CIRCLE, X, L1, CIRCLE, CIRCLE, L1, CIRCLE, R1, R2, L2, L1, L1

Spawn Trashmaster CIRCLE, R1, CIRCLE, R1, LEFT, LEFT, R1, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT

Spawn Limo R2, RIGHT, L2, LEFT, LEFT, R1, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT

Spawn Stunt Plane CIRCLE, RIGHT, L1, L2, LEFT, R1, L1, L1, LEFT, LEFT, X, TRIANGLE

Spawn Caddy CIRCLE, L1, LEFT, R1, L2, X, R1, L1, CIRCLE, X

Spawn Rapid GT R2, L1, CIRCLE, RIGHT, L1, R1, RIGHT, LEFT, CIRCLE, R2

Spawn Duster RIGHT, LEFT, R1, R1, R1, LEFT, TRIANGLE, TRIANGLE, X, CIRCLE, L1, L1

Note: Enter the Weather cheat multiple times to toggle through rain, clouds, clear days and snow.

Xbox 360 GTA 5 Cheat Codes

Raise Wanted Level RB, RB, B, RT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT

Lower Wanted Level RB, RB, B, RT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT

Fast Run Y, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, LT, LB, X

Give Parachute LEFT, RIGHT, LB, LT, RB, RT, RT, LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT, LB

Explosive Melee Attacks RIGHT, LEFT, A, Y, RB, B, B, B, LT

Bang Bang (Explosive Bullets) RIGHT, X, A, LEFT, RB, RT, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, LB, LB, L1

Slow Motion Aim X, L2, RB, Y, LEFT, X, L2, RIGHT, A

Drunk Mode Y, RIGHT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, X, B, LEFT

Change Weather RT, A, LB, LB, LT, LT, LT, X

Slidey Cars Y, RB, RB, LEFT, RB, LB, RT, LB

Slow Motion Y, LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, X, RT, RB

Spawn Buzzard Attack Helicopter B, B, LB, B, B, B, LB, LT, RB, Y, B, Y

Spawn Comet RB, B, RT, RIGHT, LB, LT, A, A, X, RB

Spawn Sanchez B, A, LB, B, B, LB, B, RB, RT, LT, LB, LB

Spawn Trashmaster B, RB, B, RB, LEFT, LEFT, RB, LB, B, RIGHT

Spawn Limo RT, RIGHT, LT, LEFT, LEFT, RB, LB, B, RIGHT

Spawn Stunt Plane B, RIGHT, LB, LT, LEFT, RB, LB, LB, LEFT, LEFT, A, Y

Spawn Caddy B, LB, LEFT, RB, LT, A, RB, LB, B, A

Spawn Rapid GT RT, LB, B, RIGHT, LB, RB, RIGHT, LEFT, B, RT

Spawn Duster RIGHT, LEFT, RB, RB, RB, LEFT, Y, Y, A, B, LB, LB

Note: Enter the Weather cheat multiple times to toggle through rain, clouds, clear days and snow.

Until the day of GTA 5's release these cheats cannot be 100% confirmed.

(sorry about the formatting, I'm on my phone & couldn't be bothered fixing it)