Grand Theft Auto

Ive been playing this game since Saturday and cant even begin to explain how good this good this game is. Games now days are like disposable hero, everyone loves them til the next new game comes, and then they are forgotten. This will not be the case with this game. Ive been playing GTA since the 1st one. This is everything I have ever wanted in a GTA game. I haven't even scratched the surface yet.Cant wait to get my official copy and to play online

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been playing this game since Saturday and cant even begin to explain how good this good this game is. Games now days are like disposable hero, everyone loves them til the next new game comes, and then they are forgotten. This will not be the case with this game. Ive been playing GTA since the 1st one. This is everything I have ever wanted in a GTA game. I haven't even scratched the surface yet.Cant wait to get my official copy and to play online

Sounds amazing. :) Ill be playing it tommorow most likely :D excited

Just finished the Chop mission. Love it. Los Santos is so big! Bigger than I imagined, and that is only a quarter of the map! I love how you swap characters mid-play and they'll be doing stuff. Love Michael and Franklin so far.

I wonder where and when the secret room will be found (Like the Heart of Liberty in IV). The driving reminds me of the San Andreas which is great. Also noticed some areas are reminiscent and familiar of SA's Los Santos (Like the pier, beach and surrounding area). Man can't wrap my mind around how great this game is/will be.

Btw, anyone getting the iFruit app? Taking Chop for walkies. :)

Rented it, and boy - what a game.

The driving mechanics are insane.

The hand to hand combat - meh. I guess I'm still getting the hang of it.

I didn't find the HUD too jarring, but - perhaps that's because I was warned of it ahead of time.

My 2 biggest issues:

- There is no ability to "quit". You just either dashboard, or turn off your console. This... makes me nervous. I like to "save & quit", it gives me all the more comfort that everything is intact. I'm well aware that you can quick save, and regular save - but I'll get to that in the next paragraph.

- The missions spring on you unpredictably. Last night, I had been playing for several hours and had reached my limit. All I wanted to do was bring Franklin home, and save (because I hadn't saved for a few missions). As soon as I entered my home, I was thrown into a cutscene - and then forced to do a mission with Franklin's dumbass friends. I couldn't save, because it was mid-mission - so I had to do the whole thing, which basically required me to play for another 30-40 minutes. I know, I know - I should have just quick saved and not even bothered bringing Franklin home. I just wish that you "accepted" missions, rather then having them being forced on you as soon as you enter the "mission area".

Other then those 2 issues - this game is a life ender. It really is a masterpiece, and I'm pretty sure it will be played for a long time.

I just love this game.

As I told Delta earlier, there is so much detail to Los Santos!

Which is a massive plus to the dull life of IV.

Change to a different character for a ingame day then change back and you'll see the character in an event, like Michael bike riding or Franklin "talking" with the police.

You also don't know how big LS is until you play as Trevor.

So far there are only a few gripes I have with V.

Police: While I like the police chases, V has made them go on for too long. Even on a 1 star you'll be running for 10 minutes because while your "out of the blue", another cop car is coming your way!!!

It's a literal pisstake on 3 stars and up.

I hope R* lessen the police attention in a patch.

"Safe House Missions" as Gril said, I hate the way that once you go to save your game, your welcomed with another mission.

I have autosave turned off and I've always saved after every completed mission since GTA 3.

The first mission is brutal for those who haven't played Red Dead Redemption or GTA IV. Unlike other GTA intro missions where you drive to the safe house, your automaticly placed into a bank robbery, where your already shooting police.

I've beaten GTA IV and didn't play it for months and I died about 3 times on the first mission.

I absolutely love the addition of Chop. I've spent many hours with him and he is by far the most fun addition I've seen in V so far, because he attacks anyone Franklin targets. By accident, armed or unarmed, Chop will get them!

My own photo of Chop the Dog. :D

I cannot wait until MP drops.

Then.... no one will see me for weeks or months!

Okay so wow. Trevor (specifically his first mission).

What the hell happened to Johnny Klebitz? The badass, but sympathetic protagonist of The Lost and Damned. Apparently in the 5 years since GTA IV, he reformed and moved the club to Blaine County, got back with Ashley and got addicted to meth again unfortunately. A former shell of himself.

I felt a range of emotions watching the cutscene, and playing the mission. I didn't recognise it was Ashley at all (meth is a hell of a drug) until Johnny's appearance. I was like sweet! He'll be a friendly NPC I get to kick ass with. Than I realised that wasn't the Johnny I remembered. He was so different, at times I thought that couldn't be him. But no, I realised it was him. He was talking to Trevor, telling him it was wrong for him to have sex with his girlfriend. He snapped, and that's when I became horrified.

He smashed the bottle over his head, than started to kurb stomp him, the glass forced into his head. As it went on my hopes of him being okay and getting back up at the end (let's face it, he really will just respawn at the nearest hospital with the WASTED sign, being a protagonist). Than Ashley started grieving over him, and it hit me that one of my favourite GTA protagonists had been killed.

I was shocked. What an introduction to Trevor. For the first time, I hated a GTA character. I didn't like playing him, I didn't want to play as him. Not after what he just did. And that partially increased with the end of Terry, Clay and The Lost MC. All familiar faces and things, just gone like that. I was angry and sad. That brain part on his shoe? Wow that was sick.

Looking back on it now, I realise this was done probably for the shock value, but also to introduce Trevor's character and show just how really crazy this guy is. To set him apart from Franklin and Michael, and other GTA protags (crazier than Tommy Vercetti). And I give Rockstar props for that. It was so unexpected, and sad. But good at the same time. I still don't like him, but he does have funny dialogue. I wonder if I'll start caring Trevor like I do with Michael and Franklin? Only time will tell.

R.I.P. Johnny Klebitz.

PS. On Weasel News, they say that Ashley died in a drug orgy. What a waste.

• Moderators

Okay so wow. Trevor (specifically his first mission).

What the hell happened to Johnny Klebitz? The badass, but sympathetic protagonist of The Lost and Damned. Apparently in the 5 years since GTA IV, he reformed and moved the club to Blaine County, got back with Ashley and got addicted to meth again unfortunately. A former shell of himself.

I felt a range of emotions watching the cutscene, and playing the mission. I didn't recognise it was Ashley at all (meth is a hell of a drug) until Johnny's appearance. I was like sweet! He'll be a friendly NPC I get to kick ass with. Than I realised that wasn't the Johnny I remembered. He was so different, at times I thought that couldn't be him. But no, I realised it was him. He was talking to Trevor, telling him it was wrong for him to have sex with his girlfriend. He snapped, and that's when I became horrified.

He smashed the bottle over his head, than started to kurb stomp him, the glass forced into his head. As it went on my hopes of him being okay and getting back up at the end (let's face it, he really will just respawn at the nearest hospital with the WASTED sign, being a protagonist). Than Ashley started grieving over him, and it hit me that one of my favourite GTA protagonists had been killed.

I was shocked. What an introduction to Trevor. For the first time, I hated a GTA character. I didn't like playing him, I didn't want to play as him. Not after what he just did. And that partially increased with the end of Terry, Clay and The Lost MC. All familiar faces and things, just gone like that. I was angry and sad. That brain part on his shoe? Wow that was sick.

Looking back on it now, I realise this was done probably for the shock value, but also to introduce Trevor's character and show just how really crazy this guy is. To set him apart from Franklin and Michael, and other GTA protags (crazier than Tommy Vercetti). And I give Rockstar props for that. It was so unexpected, and sad. But good at the same time. I still don't like him, but he does have funny dialogue. I wonder if I'll start caring Trevor like I do with Michael and Franklin? Only time will tell.

R.I.P. Johnny Klebitz.

PS. On Weasel News, they say that Ashley died in a drug orgy. What a waste.

Trevor made quite an impact.

Don't worry, Rissole. I think we are not supposed to like him anyway.

He is pretty evil.

But his scenes are way too funny.

I mean even the scene you talked about was kinda funny. (at first)

I like Mike more though.

@ Rissole

Trevor is an absolute nutcase. His first few missions are crazy. Wait until you do a "Rampage" mission.

I also came across a random event where I was to drive a drunken couple back to their hotel. A help pop-up appeared saying that Trevor can take some strangers up to the Cult in the mountains. So I drove the couple up there to meet the Cult. Halfway up the mountain the girl starts freaking out saying "I want to go home". You drop people at the Cult so they can eat them. Trevor is so F*cked up!

might play some tongiht im still ...trevor?the black dude.Lol.I think hes trevor.Sorry,bad with names :lol: yeah thats trevor

No, you're thinking of Franklin. Trevor is the guy with the balding head and bad habits.

Ahh Ok :lol: this games awesome.I played it for over an hour or so late lastnight,loved it,will be playing it alot more!Might take a brief break when origins releases for ps3 but I doubt ittl be for long! :D