Logical Proof that BOII Zombies is set in Modern Time/2020's

• Administrators

I know this isnt the media center but I made a whole video today about my theory of when Green Run is set. I took some info from a post by Tac and developed it more. My conclusion Green Run is set in 1986-1987. Here is the video.

41TNSbOtmH0

Here is a brief summary.

The soviet union stamps on the boxes in the PAP room gives us a vague time period of 1967-1991. Yes they could have been there for years but there is other evidence. Nuketown and Moon happened together, and I think the day of Moon and Nuketown was somewhere between 1966-1967. We can hear Marlton in the fallout shelter, which shows us that Green Run couldnt be at the same time as Nuketown. Most definitely after Nuketown. Then there is the quotes from Maxis about 'I have been searching for Decades'. 2 decades after 1966-67 was the Chernobyl Nuclear Accident. There is Russian silo's as a result of this Chernobyl accident. Also, I think Marlton was around 15 in Nuketown, also because I think I heard a womans voice in the shelter, which could be Marlton's Mom? I personally think Marlton looks about 35-ish in Green Run. 35-15=20. 20+1967=1987. Just after the Chernobyl accident. Watch the video for more detail. The only other thing that could have happened was the Marlton traveled through time with Richtofen at some point that we dont know about, or Marlton developed his own Time Travel Teleporter whilst in the Fallout shelter. This is backed up by the 'This device will prove my mental superiority once and for all' Could this device be that he has developed his own teleporter (because he is a nerd and all) This is just my theory. I might be way off. What do you guys think? Also, im new to all this theory stuff.

Well after listening to the quotes from inside the shelter, the only person in there is Marlton. So it's not a bad theory, but unfortunately I don't think it is true. The quote about mental superiority is definitely intriguing. I'm not so this is the right thread for discussion, perhaps the thread of mine you got the information from,

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take on this. So, in the beginning of Moon, you're in Area 51, close to where Nuketown is. The story behind Nuketown was there was a battle between Black Ops and Spetnaz forces (Multiplayer), when a nuke went off killing them all (which is why there ARE zombies there). Now, how the zombies rose was because of 115 within the bomb. This could lead to us thinking the Govt. or CIA or whoever, purposely put the two forces there as some cruel experiment to test the bomb. But zombies break out from within testing facilities throughout Nevada (Transmissions from random soldiers stationed at other stations, like Jackass Flats in Area 25) due to the 115. Shortly after, a special team comes in to check on the situation, when the zombies rise (this is where you start playing). We can obviously see the eyes are still yellow from Sam, but over the course of the game (if you live long enough) the eyes will turn blue, indicating that Richtofen is now in the Aether. This proves that Moon and Nuketown are in the same "dimentional time plane" so that debunks any time teleporting theories. Then, Marlton is heard within' a bunker in Nuketown. If he is here, then Green Run has not yet happened yet, so that debunks any theories that Green Run and Nuketown happen at the same time. Now, the rockets have not been launched while in Nuketown. But in Green Run, the Earth has already been destroyed and lava is everywhere. But, when you get your first power-up, Richtofen tells us that he's getting used to the Aether. This debunks any theories that Nuketown happened years before. I think someone can get used to something after a couple years. Such as, I'm used to my new house after a couple months. The one thing, though, that could make this modern day, is how the characters know the futuristic guns. You always hear the characters say something about them, and Marlton knows all about them too. Plus, a robotic driver? We don't even have cars that can drive themselves yet! But let's not get carried away. There's various posters that look pretty vintage, like as if in the 60's. Even the bus driver and bus look 60's! AND the cars in the tunnel! They look way too old fashioned to be modern day. But I digress, this is only my "theory" if you will. Who knows when this really takes place!

• 6 months later...

Okay so we know that Moon takes place in the 1960's and as we play Nuketown Zombies we hear the Easter Egg taking place. After a while we see the zombies eyes turn blue. Showing us Richtofen has taken over. And after our eventual demise we see the rocket fall to Earth. These clues suggest that Nuketown Zombies takes place at the exact same time. Now we hear Marlton's in the bunker and the Tranzit bus horn sound. This proves that Green Run takes place shortly after Nuketown Zombies. This can also be proved by the mass amounts of smoke, dust and fire that we see during Green Run. The Great Leap Forward however, I'm stumped at trying to find the date it takes place. Perhaps we have taken a "Great Leap Forward" into the modern time or even the 2020's. Now to explain the entire "Call of the Dead is without fire and lava". Time travel is an extremely messy business. Okay, so we travel in time to Call of the Dead to retrieve the golden rod. Why isn't Call of the Dead decimated like our Black Ops 2 maps? Simple. We have not yet retrieved the components to launch the rockets therefore the launch has not yet occurred.

• 3 weeks later...

It has to be a space time continuum rift that was caused making the years except 1932-1934 all happen at the very same time if you can't tell look at the era most of the guns are from 1960-1980's and a few are from 2025. Weapons are also information people. Open your peepers don't ya see what's happnin?!

It has to be a space time continuum rift that was caused making the years except 1932-1934 all happen at the very same time if you can't tell look at the era most of the guns are from 1960-1980's and a few are from 2025. Weapons are also information people. Open your peepers don't ya see what's happnin?!

The weapons featured on the wall are simply weapons utilized from the game. The reason there weren't WaW weapons on the Black Ops Rezurrection maps was because the weapons from WaW weren't in the game (save the STG44 and the Type 100) Another flaw in your theory is the weapons in MotD. Wouldn't weapons from the past be used instead of the ones from Black Ops 2?

Since the game is set in 2025... then zombies it too. There is no reason to discuss something so pointless over and over. We have 2025 gun in zombies so that should be the final argument that it is set in the future. Ever since BO2 came out people have been arguing over it. Just use your minds in the most logical way and WALLA!

• Administrators

According to the Call of Duty website, Nuketown agents "mysteriously" lose contact with Hangar 18, then setting up Nuketown Zombies. No Man’s Land is suspected to be Hangar 18. So naturally, I have come to the conclusion that them losing communication is the outbreak in No Man's Land. Now this is where the discrepancies begin, I believe No Man’s Land very likely happened in or before 1968, because of the banner that we see in the back of the Hangar and the sign.

I don't see why the sign would be hung up after that operative team of Hangar 18 left in 1968, therefore making me believe that the outbreak had happened in or before 1968. Also, the sign that has the date 1960 on it implies that that change in procedure or law had occurred recently. Obviously, that may be wrong as there's plenty of laws from that time and still around. But when you couple it with everything, it makes sense to me. Because No Man's Land, Moon, and Nuketown happen at the same time, Nuketown also happened in or before 1968, not 2025, supported by how there’s already a Nuketown 2025 map and Nuketown Zombies is not that same style, it’s the older, original Black Ops style.

• 1 month later...

Argh! Stop arguing about the weapons. The weapons have nothing to do with the time and location of the maps. The only reason their are weapons from the campaign is because they are already coded into the game. To bring the weapons from Black Ops into Black Ops 2 zombies would take a huge amount of memory.

I find it amusing how people will argue about the shape of a blood pattern on the wall or discrepancies of what they perceive as the storyline yet guns are so easily cast aside.

Guns should be a factor into timeline theories. They should only be discarded if there is no reasonable alternative. That goes for anything when deciding canon. You only mark something as non-canon when given no choice.

I find it amusing how people will argue about the shape of a blood pattern on the wall or discrepancies of what they perceive as the storyline yet guns are so easily cast aside.

Guns should be a factor into timeline theories. They should only be discarded if there is no reasonable alternative. That goes for anything when deciding canon. You only mark something as non-canon when given no choice.

I agree. However Treyarch seem to get far too lazy with weapons in the maps.

Black ops 2 zombie maps are set in the 50's 60's era. The hard evedince is all around you, the cars, the trucks, the bus, the advertisements. The only reason the BO2 weapons are used is because they thought that people would get mad if they Couldent use the new guns. And as to how COTD could exist if we blew up earth is because time can be rewritten.

I would say that Treyarch has taken the Doctor who standpoint on time travel.

Besides if we blew op the earth in the 50's and based of of the earths rate of decay visible in the game, it would be compleatly uninhabitable within the decade. There is no way for us to be there in the 2020 rea