Logical Proof that BOII Zombies is set in Modern Time/2020's

Hey guys, I have a theory about the time area for all this.

As you could read, the time era for Black Ops II's zombies is set in either the modern times or even in the 2020's.

Why? Because if Moon, the setting where the apocalypse and Richtofen's reign starts, occurred in the 1960's, then Call of the Dead would never happen. As such, it is logical to assume that Richtofen would not have been able to get the Golden Rod, which would mean he would never be in control, which would mean the missile launch never happened, etc.

Basically, it would cause a time paradox. Thus, the setting for Moon and TranZit, subsequently, would have to be in either the modern time period (2011 and around) or the 2020's.

And yes, I am aware of the theory involving the banner in Area 51 which implies that Moon is set in the 1960's. My argument to that is that it is entirely possible that the zombie outbreak in America occurred in secluded areas in the 1960's and the banner was simply left there ever since.

Feel free to discuss, my friends. :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

It's been a common belief amongst some of us theory guys for some quite some time that it does indeed occur sometime in 2011 or 2012.

All the banner represents in Area 51 is that the outbreak occured in the 60's, and not when the gang visits in Moon. It's logical that the bodies could have been there and only became active when the gang arrived.

In fact, if it does happen to fall on December 21, 2012, I'll have hit this one out the ballpark: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 41#p210538

Edit: Also note that Time Travel is not always that simple. Just think about it, if Richtofen travels to CotD in 2012 BEFORE blowing up the Moon back in 1960, why would the earlier trip to Call of the Dead be affected? Richtofen hasn't gone in the past and blown it up yet, so it wouldn't have been destroyed yet. It's all dependent on the order of events in which the time traveler takes.

Edit: Also note that Time Travel is not always that simple. Just think about it, if Richtofen travels to CotD in 2012 BEFORE blowing up the Moon back in 1960, why would the earlier trip to Call of the Dead be affected? Richtofen hasn't gone in the past and blown it up yet, so it wouldn't have been destroyed yet. It's all dependent on the order of events in which the time traveler takes.

Well what I was trying to get at is even though Richtofen went to CotD before Moon, the actual chronological timeline for those events, if Moon was in the past, would play a factor.

If someone destroys the world using items he got from the future, that would destroy that future when/where he got the items. Which, in turn, would affect his past, which is the future that was destroyed before he got there chronologically, etc.

It can be kind of confusing, but that's my thoughts on it.

Well what I was trying to get at is even though Richtofen went to CotD before Moon, the actual chronological timeline for those events, if Moon was in the past, would play a factor.

If someone destroys the world using items he got from the future, that would destroy that future when/where he got the items. Which, in turn, would affect his past, which is the future that was destroyed before he got there chronologically, etc.

I definitely see what you're saying. I've gone over it numerous times and it really just depends on what order of events you follow, history's or Richtofen's. I choose to follow the events of the time travelers, as they are the ones changing history as we see it. It just happens that the two points in time we visit after CotD (Shangri La and Moon) take place during 2011 and 2012 chronologically (any time after CotD really). This explains why CotD isn't yet affected when we visit, but we still don't necessarily have to follow a traditional timeline theory like you propose.

I hope you're still with me haha. I lost myself in the middle of that. Honestly, it just comes down to what timeline theory you believe in: traditional, predestined, and so on and so forth.

Doc Brown and Back to the Future has taught the simple ideas behind time travel and timeline theories, and Treyarch as suggested it many times. Here's a smiple little article that might help explain it.

http://www.overthinkingit.com/2009/01/1 ... he-future/

The prevailing argument for this as far as time travel is concerned is parallel universes existing. Because of the grandfather paradox, time travel to the past could not be possible because of this without the existence of parallel universes.

just a little info/background on the subject

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox

so with this in mind, it would be feasable that CotD was in an alternate reality of a parallel universe in which the Griffin Station rockets were not launched, whereas perhaps the events of blops2 zombies may be in the reality where the rocketes had launched

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Getting back to the theory that Area 51 had pocket outbreaks in the 60s before COTD might be supported by Nuketown.

Nuketown Zombies takes place before and after moon, as the description says something like “Where the past and future meet”. So, my guess is that before “Moon” Nuketown, which I assume would be located in the vicinity of Area 51, experienced a pocket outbreak.

When you die in Nuketown (I believe it has to be before round 25) you see the 115 missiles hitting Nuketown.

The only unanswered questions is “Did the CIA agents time travel?” and “How can you hear the TranZit characters voices?(When you knife the shelters)”

My guess is that Nuketown is almost a Limbo between the past and future.

Hope this helps!

• Administrators

I'm with birdman. I've been arguing ever since the release of Call of the Dead that anyone can easily go back in time after that map, change something, and it effects nothing afterwards due to the creation of parallel universes.

I've always liked the idea that we're seeing the trip through the Original Characters eyes. In Call of the Dead, we're seeing what they saw before they traveled back in time and destroyed that future. The alternate universe theory supports this greatly.

I'm an avid Imgurian and I saw this a few days ago. It explains the different time-travel theories well. Take a look.

The prevailing argument for this as far as time travel is concerned is parallel universes existing. Because of the grandfather paradox, time travel to the past could not be possible because of this without the existence of parallel universes.

just a little info/background on the subject

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandfather_paradox

so with this in mind, it would be feasable that CotD was in an alternate reality of a parallel universe in which the Griffin Station rockets were not launched, whereas perhaps the events of blops2 zombies may be in the reality where the rocketes had launched

Birdman although good the only problem with your theory is the fact that the parallel universe theory has never been proven. Also along with the parallel universe theory goes the theory stating there are a infinite parallel universes. Besides Richtofen in CotD admitted that their being locked inside was a complete accident. If he had been lying and he knew he'd wind up in a parallel universe he would have to have known EXACTLY where the Golden Rod would have been in that universe at that exact time which isn't possible due to the fact of how random parallel universes could be.

The truth is he went into the future as he knew where the the Rod would be, he didn't though intend for them to be teleported behind a locked door in the area. This ruins the parallel universe theory making it so everything occured in a single timeline. After acquiring the rod he either teleported them to Area 51 or he teleported them forward into the future more to Area 51 (depends on how the teleporting works, whether it can merely just teleport you or it can only teleport but at a different point in time). The fact that Area 51 was even existing at the time though and how advanced it was at that current moment had to mean that it was more modern than it was in the 1960s-1980s. Despite the kindof tech we have seen in Zombies thus far we still haven't seen anything that has proved that they had advanced computer systems and such back then. I mean in maps that had things such as the Ray Gun they still had the old radio's meaning that they only were able to create advanced weaponry and even then to a certain extent.

• Administrators

Birdman although good the only problem with your theory is the fact that the parallel universe theory has never been proven. Also along with the parallel universe theory goes the theory stating there are a infinite parallel universes. Besides Richtofen in CotD admitted that their being locked inside was a complete accident. If he had been lying and he knew he'd wind up in a parallel universe he would have to have known EXACTLY where the Golden Rod would have been in that universe at that exact time which isn't possible due to the fact of how random parallel universes could be.

The truth is he went into the future as he knew where the the Rod would be, he didn't though intend for them to be teleported behind a locked door in the area. This ruins the parallel universe theory making it so everything occured in a single timeline. After acquiring the rod he either teleported them to Area 51 or he teleported them forward into the future more to Area 51 (depends on how the teleporting works, whether it can merely just teleport you or it can only teleport but at a different point in time). The fact that Area 51 was even existing at the time though and how advanced it was at that current moment had to mean that it was more modern than it was in the 1960s-1980s. Despite the kindof tech we have seen in Zombies thus far we still haven't seen anything that has proved that they had advanced computer systems and such back then. I mean in maps that had things such as the Ray Gun they still had the old radio's meaning that they only were able to create advanced weaponry and even then to a certain extent.

The parallel universe theory was never proven, no, however neither has going back in time. A quote from Richtofen while picking up a negative powerup on Moon makes me believe the idea of parallel universes in the game.

Nothing happened, at least in this reality."

I'm having a hard time understanding why this ruins the parallel universe theory. Just because he expected to be teleported into an open part of the map but was behind a door instead has no bearing on whether or not we are in a single universe. Teleportation is teleportation, no matter where you end up.

The parallel universe theory was never proven, no, however neither has going back in time. A quote from Richtofen while picking up a negative powerup on Moon makes me believe the idea of parallel universes in the game.

I'm having a hard time understanding why this ruins the parallel universe theory. Just because he expected to be teleported into an open part of the map but was behind a door instead has no bearing on whether or not we are in a single universe. Teleportation is teleportation, no matter where you end up.

He had to know the parallel universe was there and even then he had to know where the golden rod would be exactly in that parallel universe at that moment in time. That is not technically possible to know where something will be in a parallel universe at a given time unless you have been there before and then there remains the factor of ensuring you are transported to that exact parallel universe and not another which would be completely different.

He had to know the parallel universe was there and even then he had to know where the golden rod would be exactly in that parallel universe at that moment in time. That is not technically possible to know where something will be in a parallel universe at a given time unless you have been there before and then there remains the factor of ensuring you are transported to that exact parallel universe and not another which would be completely different.

I understand where you are coming from, but the premise behind the parallel universe theory is not that each universe is drastically different. so the argument that in a parallel universe there would be noway for Edward to be sure the golden rod was there only makes sense if there was some activity in the past of that specific universe to cause it not to be there.

again i think Tac makes a great point in that yes the parallel universes theory has not been prove, but neither has time travel and zombies and element 115 and basically everything else in zombies. It is however a great theory that would create the possibility of many of the events in nazi zombies. and as always we say that these are indeed "theories" and we are not trying to state any of this as absolute fact :)

• 3 weeks later...

I do not think it takes place in modern times at all. There are multiple reasons why it is illogical to think this.

1. Nuketown zombies takes place right after the nuke has gone off. Nuketown takes place in the 1960's.

2. Marlton is in the fallout bunker at the time the nuke has gone off.

3. Unless Marlton doesn't age, it is impssible that BO2 zombies is in modern times or even the near future.

4.Basic logic tells us that if Moon was in the 1960's and the events of BO2 zombies are directly after that, it couldn't be in the near future or modern times.

5. Clues from Green Run itself. Look at the cars. They are definitely 60's era cars. Not to mention the Bus plate says 1960. There is nothing to suggest the map is in the future. The architecture of the map itself looks 60's era. With the diner and bus stop ripped straight from the 60's era design.

I wouldn't bother with the whole "call of the dead thing" The zombie story line is filled with plot holes. Besides, it could possibly be an "alternate universe type thing". Call of the Dead was just an excuse to have some acting legends be in a map. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

@ ZOMBIE BAIT

The reason everything still looks 60's would be because there is very little industrial progression after an Apocolypse. You stated that the events of moon happened in the 60's, the missiles hit earth in the 60's, hence why everything looks 1960 era.

There's too many conflicting issues to state exactly what timeframe Green Run is set.

If Nuketown takes place concurrently with Moon, how does it explain how (supposedly) Marlton is inside the bunker? We know that he's in thr bunker due to the quotes when knifing the bunker. The only explanation is that the Moon -> Area 51 teleported goes through time, explaining how the sign is from the 60's, but then why are the zombies' eyes blue even after you go there?

Okay okay okay, listen closely.

In Nuketown, because the match starts with Samantha as the announcer and the zombies have yellow eyes, and after a few rounds Richtofen becomes the announcer and the eyes of the zombies change to blue, we can reasonably assume that Nuketown occurs at the same time as Moon.

Now that that has been established, lets determine what time-period Moon occurs in. In Black Ops Zombies, the only recorded instances of Time-Travel would be from Der Riese to Kino der Toten, Ascension to Call of the Dead, and Call of the Dead to Shangri-la.

We need to remember how Time-Travel is possible in the universe of CODZ. According to a radio found in Shi No Numa(Black Ops Version), the jump from Der Riese(1940's) to Kino der Toten(1960's) occurs because the Wunderwaffe DG-2 overloaded the MTD's(Teleporter) circuits, which allowed them to time-travel. This would also explain how they got to Call of the Dead from Ascension, because A) there are unused lines in the PC files hinting that the DG-2 was going to be included, but as we know, this did not happen. But, B) upon completion of the Call of the Dead Easter Egg, the player is awarded with the DG-2, given to them by the Original Characters. After this point, no other time-travel is possible by the OC. (Note, however, that Richtofen states "We must have gone too far into the Future!", so, assumedly, Richtofen uses the DG-2 to power up the Teleporter BEFORE giving it to the celebrities.) After Shangri-la, we should assume that they are using traditional teleporter travel to get to Area 51(No Man's Land). Also, (and I have said this multiple times) due to the weaponry of Shangri-la and Moon, we should assume that these maps take place in the 1960's.

Using this same logic, we should assume that Green Run(TranZit) takes place in the 2020's, due to the weaponry used.

I hope this makes sense, and please feel free to voice your opinions (not your doctrines).

• Administrators

Okay okay okay, listen closely.

In Nuketown, because the match starts with Samantha as the announcer and the zombies have yellow eyes, and after a few rounds Richtofen becomes the announcer and the eyes of the zombies change to blue, we can reasonably assume that Nuketown occurs at the same time as Moon.

Now that that has been established, lets determine what time-period Moon occurs in. In Black Ops Zombies, the only recorded instances of Time-Travel would be from Der Riese to Kino der Toten, Ascension to Call of the Dead, and Call of the Dead to Shangri-la.

We need to remember how Time-Travel is possible in the universe of CODZ. According to a radio found in Shi No Numa(Black Ops Version), the jump from Der Riese(1940's) to Kino der Toten(1960's) occurs because the Wunderwaffe DG-2 overloaded the MTD's(Teleporter) circuits, which allowed them to time-travel. This would also explain how they got to Call of the Dead from Ascension, because A) there are unused lines in the PC files hinting that the DG-2 was going to be included, but as we know, this did not happen. But, B) upon completion of the Call of the Dead Easter Egg, the player is awarded with the DG-2, given to them by the Original Characters. After this point, no other time-travel is possible by the OC. (Note, however, that Richtofen states "We must have gone too far into the Future!", so, assumedly, Richtofen uses the DG-2 to power up the Teleporter BEFORE giving it to the celebrities.) After Shangri-la, we should assume that they are using traditional teleporter travel to get to Area 51(No Man's Land). Also, (and I have said this multiple times) due to the weaponry of Shangri-la and Moon, we should assume that these maps take place in the 1960's.

Using this same logic, we should assume that Green Run(TranZit) takes place in the 2020's, due to the weaponry used.

I hope this makes sense, and please feel free to voice your opinions (not your doctrines).

Do you not realize that anything that teleports automatically has the ability to time travel, due to the fabric of time and space being a singular unit? Therefore, the presence of the DG-2 is not necessary to perform time-travel, all you need is a teleporter. Therefore, time travel is indeed possible by the Original Characters at any point in which there is a teleporter present, which is basically every map in some way. That's evidenced by the very quote you pointed out, in which he points out the time circuits inside the teleporter itself.

"Ah, much better, now I can see the problem. We must have gone to far into the future. Look, the teleporter's completely broken, the time circuits are damaged." - egg_skit_2

As for the weaponry, that is not valid in telling the time of a map, in my opinion. If it was, then it'd be physically impossible for FIVE to happen before JFK's death, just as one example. There are many weapons across many maps that were not even created at that time, so therefore weapons can't be used to argue the time of a map.

I do not think it takes place in modern times at all. There are multiple reasons why it is illogical to think this.

1. Nuketown zombies takes place right after the nuke has gone off. Nuketown takes place in the 1960's.

...That is assuming that this Nuketown is the same as the Multiplayer Nuketown. Which I doubt, heavily.

• Administrators

...That is assuming that this Nuketown is the same as the Multiplayer Nuketown. Which I doubt, heavily.

Why do you doubt that?

I know this isnt the media center but I made a whole video today about my theory of when Green Run is set. I took some info from a post by Tac and developed it more. My conclusion Green Run is set in 1986-1987. Here is the video.

41TNSbOtmH0

Here is a brief summary.

The soviet union stamps on the boxes in the PAP room gives us a vague time period of 1967-1991. Yes they could have been there for years but there is other evidence. Nuketown and Moon happened together, and I think the day of Moon and Nuketown was somewhere between 1966-1967. We can hear Marlton in the fallout shelter, which shows us that Green Run couldnt be at the same time as Nuketown. Most definitely after Nuketown. Then there is the quotes from Maxis about 'I have been searching for Decades'. 2 decades after 1966-67 was the Chernobyl Nuclear Accident. There is Russian silo's as a result of this Chernobyl accident. Also, I think Marlton was around 15 in Nuketown, also because I think I heard a womans voice in the shelter, which could be Marlton's Mom? I personally think Marlton looks about 35-ish in Green Run. 35-15=20. 20+1967=1987. Just after the Chernobyl accident. Watch the video for more detail. The only other thing that could have happened was the Marlton traveled through time with Richtofen at some point that we dont know about, or Marlton developed his own Time Travel Teleporter whilst in the Fallout shelter. This is backed up by the 'This device will prove my mental superiority once and for all' Could this device be that he has developed his own teleporter (because he is a nerd and all) This is just my theory. I might be way off. What do you guys think? Also, im new to all this theory stuff.