Assassin's Creed!

I'm on the fence about getting Unity still. On one hand, it looks amazing, and could be pretty interesting, but on the other hand there are so many other games that I want to get, and I simply don't have the money.

I mean, Shadows of Mordor is coming out and has alot of the same gameplay mechanics as AC, but it's in Middle Earth, one of my favorite franchises. It's hard to choose.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'd say wait for me to get Unity and then I will tell you how it is.

Afterwards you can decide if you want to get it as soon as possible or if you want to wait until it is cheaper. :3

Luckily I was never interested in LotR. 

• 1 month later...

Is this a game that has to be played from the first entry to understand?

With all the great games that came out over the years, I missed some potentially great games, and the AC series was one of them. I've seen some videos on the newest one, and I love anything pirate related so I thought this would be my chance to jump in and see what it's all about, but I don't want to be disengaged from the story.

All I know so far is most of these games are memories...? I think. Sorry to bomb in on the topic, not even playing but I might pick it up if it's not too late.

Most of them don't require the previous game. You might be confused for the modern plot, but the historical plot it'd be okay to start on any of the numbered games and Unity when it comes out.

2 and 4 are my favorites so far. If you are to play any of them, play those.

Thanks, I may pick those up or watch some speed runs on them, in all honesty, it was the pirate stuff that got me wanting to play. And ofcourse, the guy looks pretty cool, and my cat has the same V shaped symbol on her face (irrelevant and random, but true) lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm very disappointed to see the reviews are bad for Unity, however I'd like to say that I called it.  As soon as the delay was announced, I knew something was wrong - and I can remember talking with @Lenne about how I was going to wait until after day 1 to buy.  I'll still probably get it as well, because of the same reasons as @ZombieOfTheDead - but it's for sure a let down.

After 2 hours of trying to get the game to work, I've given up. The amount of technical problems is out of this world. The game has frozen on me 4 times, randomly quits to desktop, NPCs clip through the whole city, walk on air, characters' faces glitch out and sometimes even fully disappear during cutscenes. And the framerate, putain de merde, the inconsistent framerate is absolutely horrible, 50 during gameplay, randomly dips every few minutes to 30-40 and goes in free fall during cutscenes. 

And every time it crashes you have to sit through 10 minutes of uPlay connecting to their servers, and pray it doesn't disconnect halfway through. 

And my PC meets all of the recommended requirements. 

C'est quoi ce bordel, Ubisoft?

@ZombieOfTheDead It's all about optimization. Technically the PS4's hardware is more powerful than the Xbone's. But that has little merrit when you're Ubisoft and you don't optimize your fucking games to suit each separate platform and utilize each to the best of their capabilities.

Seriously though: fuck this shit and fuck Ubisoft. I'm not supporting developers who are so damn lazy they can't even get their games in a functional state at release, on top of it being delayed, then finally lie to their costumers about it. (no 1080p to avoid all the debates, yeah sure. You mean if it was 1080p the game would run at 5 frames per second). QA your shit, seriously.

900p (1600x900) and your game runs at 22-24 frames per second. Great job. 

Fucking unacceptable.

edit:

+ the fact that they prolonged the review embargo until well after the game's release. They knew they fucked up their optimization big time. 

@Slade

And from what I hear, that's not the worst of it. I can deal with a little framerate drop once in awhile, but when you fall into the earth right after a cutscene, or a cutscene is actually screwed up? That's too much.

Also, lets not attribute this to laziness, and more to the fact that they want to get this stuff out too soon. They need to fix most of the bugs, and optimize it correctly before release, and not just say "good enough" like some kid writing a paper in high school just to get it done. That may have cut it before, but as games get more advanced, this can't happen.

@ZombieOfTheDead

It's just their attitude that pisses me off. If you can't hit 1080p or 60fps just be honest about it. Although it's preferable, as both console and PC gamer, I'm not gonna boycott your games when you can't hit either of those targets. But don't come out with random PR bullshit like; 30 is more cinematic it feels more real, it's a game not the hobbit movie, we don't want any debates. Then when your game comes out after you've delayed it it's a buggy mess and you can't even maintain 30. What a joke.