Old crew in BO2

Well not much has been said about the old crew returning, but I somehow cant shake the feeling that they either wont be there, or we're gonna be seeing very, very little of them. Here's why:

1) The last time we played as the crew we were on the moon and Richtofen switched bodies with Sam.

2) BO2 has tranzit and it's basically just one huge map with an entirely different crew.

3) BO2 also has a survival mode, which they say is similar to the survival in black ops, our beloved old wave based survive longest you can game mode.

4) They say the survival maps in BO2 however are based off the tranzit maps different locales. (ex. the farm, the terminal, etc).

5) They say Richtofen's voice will be heard again and we can pretty much expect that.

6) When Richtofen switched bodies with Sam on moon, the demonic announcers voice was now his.

Now after I had laid out all of this, it hit me like a sack of bricks, but I don't think the old crew will be returning (or I hope to God I'm wrong and maybe they will somehow), mainly because if this wave based survival mode has maps based off tranzit, the crew we use on tranzit is new, then the crew we use in survival will also be the same people. The voice of Richtofen that we can expect to hear probably wont be more than the announcer.

Please let me hear your thoughts. Please someone prove me wrong. This is the one time in my life I really, really hope I'm wrong. It's not like I don't like the idea of a new crew/new story, but I love the old crew and was really hoping to continue with them for a while.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When CharlieIntel went to Treyarch, they got some information and were answering questions on their Twitter.

One of them was "Will we be seeing the original crew in Black Ops II?"

The answer was "Yes, but not playable in TranZit. However they will be present in “some form”."

Source: http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/09/28/ ... -ops-2-mp/

I hope ur wrong I really like the crew

AND YAAAAA CHARLIEINTEL. COM I LOVE THAT SITE

To me, tranzit is completely different to the zombies in bo and waw. The original 4 have nothing to do with the tranzit 4. It's basically a different story, however in tranzit I think there will be little hints about them. For example, in nuketown there was a book with richtofens name on it - something like this will be in tranzit. Although they aren't going to be playable in tranzit, i personally think they are going to be playable in survival mode :D

..I think the beloved old crew will be present...I think 4z4 will be old crew z new crew...?

No, it's CDC vs. CIA.

To me, tranzit is completely different to the zombies in bo and waw. The original 4 have nothing to do with the tranzit 4. It's basically a different story, however in tranzit I think there will be little hints about them. For example, in nuketown there was a book with richtofens name on it - something like this will be in tranzit. Although they aren't going to be playable in tranzit, i personally think they are going to be playable in survival mode

Again, for the on-disk survival maps, you play as characters from CDC and CIA. DLC however could be different.

Note how they said not playable in tranzit. I think it's possible we may be able to play as them in survival specific maps, though I doubt they would be in Nuketown though because of it's limited availability. Green Run certainly holds a strong possibility.

I'm still hoping for a future DLC containing an entirely new map for Tranzit located in Paris with the old crew.

Note how they said not playable in tranzit. I think it's possible we may be able to play as them in survival specific maps, though I doubt they would be in Nuketown though because of it's limited availability. Green Run certainly holds a strong possibility.

I'm still hoping for a future DLC containing an entirely new map for Tranzit located in Paris with the old crew.

This is exactly what I meant before. Well done bro.

How else will Takeo get his revenge if they do not return?

Richtofen is back, so are the old crew.

Regards, Alpha.

This is why we like Alpha.

I agree with what Electric and them have been saying. They'll probably be playable in Green Run. Activision has been good at advertising TranZit, but not very good at advertising survival mode. They say that survival maps will be small sections of TranZit, so people assume that they mean ALL survival maps. They completely forget about Nuketown and Green Run... :roll:

Indeed, these other maps are being hidden for a reason.

TranZit is no doubt linked to the main Nazi Zombies story arc, but the side maps will be where the real easter eggs are.

This is a smoke & mirrors move. They want your attention on TranZit (Left hand) while we negelect what the right hand is doing (Green run & Nuke town).

What about the tradition of unlocking a map after campaign? Ala Nacht in W@W & Five in Black Ops.

What Map will be unlocked when we complete Black Ops II?

What about Dead Ops II? I want this as does most other hardcore zombie followers.

Regards, Alpha.

TranZit is no doubt linked to the main Nazi Zombies story arc, but the side maps will be where the real easter eggs are.

This is a smoke & mirrors move. They want your attention on TranZit (Left hand) while we negelect what the right hand is doing (Green run & Nuke town).

What about the tradition of unlocking a map after campaign? Ala Nacht in W@W & Five in Black Ops.

What about Dead Ops II? I want this as does most other hardcore zombie followers.

Regards, Alpha.

I don't feel like re-capping my reasoning do I will make it short.

I think green run and a possible DOA will get Unlocked after campaign. Green run = O4.

Regards, Alpha.

I don't feel like re-capping my reasoning do I will make it short.

I think green run and a possible DOA will get Unlocked after campaign. Green run = O4.

I feel like Green Run will be the equivalent to Kino, unlocked from the beginning, and we'll get a different map when we complete the campaign, one that we haven't heard of ("Guys, you gotta put Woods in the zombies levels...")

I Highly doubt that the main characters of BO single player are currently or ever will be affiliated with the zombies gang, and doubt whether woods would ever be in zombies.

Whether green run will be available from the start or not, I don't know. In BO the achievements were general so they didn't spoil the name of FIVE which was a secret map. Sonic there is a secret map it probably wont be mentioned in the achievements. So maybe green run is seperate from a possible secret map, OR they just chose to tease out the title. :D

..I think the beloved old crew will be present...I think 4z4 will be old crew z new crew...?

No, it's CDC vs. CIA.

To me, tranzit is completely different to the zombies in bo and waw. The original 4 have nothing to do with the tranzit 4. It's basically a different story, however in tranzit I think there will be little hints about them. For example, in nuketown there was a book with richtofens name on it - something like this will be in tranzit. Although they aren't going to be playable in tranzit, i personally think they are going to be playable in survival mode

Again, for the on-disk survis, you play as characters from CDC and CIA. DLC however could be different.

Damn how could I miss that...so only place left for them is survival...

My theory is going to be kind of similar to others, I believe in tranzit we will make contact with the guys on the moon, and help them out in some way similar to COTD where the guys are trapped or shang ri la with the trapped travelers, some type of time loop or time travel. and I believe in DLC the old crew will be back. cause honestly why would you just wipe out the original gang that everybody loves?