~"conventional" boss theory~

Electric Jesus

There is some debait as to whether or not tranzit is a normal, linear campaign, or just a huge free-roam world. If it is in fact linear, I think we may be seeing bosses in a more conventional manner.

What I mean is that in most games you progress through a level, fight a boss at the end, and move on. Maybe we start in the bus depot and must fight a boss there (maybe something fire related, due to the lava) then we progress to the generator (electrical zombie) and onto the farm (some kind if animal). These are just random ideas I came up with. The point is, every area of tranzit holds a boss you must kill before advancing to the next area.

If it is a free roam world, I can see how this would still work. Maybe there are specific items, such as blueprints, rare buildables, weapons, etc. that you are rewarded with upon defeating a boss. The bosses could be there from the start but only attack/come out when you either initiate a fight manually or stumble across them or something like that. Still only one per area though.

There isn't exactly anything adamant to support this, but I still thought I'd throw it out for discussion.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like this. The same concept of going to the next world in any mario game. Only question - when we revisit different areas (which we most likely will be able to), would we have to face this boss again? I know that if you kill it, it's techically dead, but could it be a George Romero type thing where the boss doesn't pose as much threat, but is extremely annoying? I don't know, I like this idea!

Pretty sure it's gonna be free-roam. You don't HAVE to take the bus from area to area, you can walk. But I'm fairly sure there's gonna be at least one boss, the electric one. I'd like to see multiple, and it's likely cause it's so big, and it's gonna be split up into five survival maps. Maybe five bosses in TranZit, and one in each survival map.

U know Wat a boss could be that guy on a horse cuz something about a horse in the zombie apocalypse doesn't seem right to me

Hmm... You using the words "apocalypse" and "horse" reminds me of something. Back when I was a lurker I saw a post about a boss idea. The idea is that you fight one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Maybe we will actually see something like that in the game! I don't remember who posted that before, so speak up if it was you!