A lot of points

FatedTitan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preview Trailers are often not real when it comes to details. I do also think, that it was made out of a custom game or that developer-tools were used. It could also be, that it was made within TranZit where I think no rounds exist.

But for classic survival, I think they would never allow you to get easy (one shot) kills whith crappy guns, once you have already made 100k pts (which would then be like round 30+). Why would one use PAP at all before round 30 then?

Zombies confronts you with such little challenges, like "open doors", "get power", "use box", "pap your gun". If you could skip getting stronger guns for such a long time, the game would be lacking something.

I personally think in tranzit there won't be any rounds, and each area will have a set difficulty or you will be able to pick easy, medium or hard mode.

My main question is if they are going to implement and option to save on solo games cause if the story is huge it will take more than one sitting presumably ....

This does raise an interesting question. While saving will no doubt be absent from the classic survival mode (too game-breaking) it's not out of the question that it could be in TranZit mode.

As for the amount of points that player had, I don't think it was a customized game. I'm under the impression that customized games will have rounds and take place in the survival and grief modes. Maybe the zombies' health increases very slowly, and has a cap so the game doesn't get too impossible.

There are actually a few other things i would like to know now i think about it, will they implement a respawn system or a set amount of lives ?

Campaigns are designed to be completed and having more than one life seems logical ...

If not respawning will there be a checkpoint system ?

One thing i have noticed and corrected me if i'm wrong when i was watching the Bonus round on GT the other day and i'm shaw the host mentioned the "zombies campaign" to jimmy and he corrected him saying tranzit, has treyarch ever confirmed tranzit will be a proper campaign or will it just be a bigger playground with more things to do and more Easter eggs ?

If it is a campaign in the conventional sense should we expect things like checkpoints, saving, missions and maybe even cutscenes ?

There are actually a few other things i would like to know now i think about it, will they implement a respawn system or a set amount of lives ?

Campaigns are designed to be completed and having more than one life seems logical ...

If not respawning will there be a checkpoint system ?

One thing i have noticed and corrected me if i'm wrong when i was watching the Bonus round on GT the other day and i'm shaw the host mentioned the "zombies campaign" to jimmy and he corrected him saying tranzit, has treyarch ever confirmed tranzit will be a proper campaign or will it just be a bigger playground with more things to do and more Easter eggs ?

If it is a campaign in the conventional sense should we expect things like checkpoints, saving, missions and maybe even cutscenes ?

The way I see it, it's a combination of zombies and campaign. It seems like it'll mainly stick to the core of gameplay: eliminating rounds, but still never EVER taking control away from the player or playing cutscenes (except maybe at the beginning). Saving and checkpoints are a possibility for solo, but in co-op they'd need a different system. Also there's the eternal question of whether or not it'll have an ending...

Something seems anyway being wrong with those points. I just captured the video again for myself. At some point, the player has 93890 pts.

He now shoots one zombie. He misses some shots, then seems to do a headshot. He gets 100 pts for it, and 10 additional points for some reason, which is ok for me. Maybe an additional zombie was behind or you just get 10 pts more now. However he gets 10 pts for something and 100 pts for the headshot.

What numbers should be shown? A 10 and a 100. but:

I hope you can see it, it shows twice the 10, and twice the 100. But it also shows a "110" in red, here you may see the red number better:

So what (why) is this? Beta Bug?

=========

The executioner looks like the Python Replacement. A strong gun for sure. But overall, it looks not like the zombies would be stronger than in Round 10 or max 15. And in Blops 1 you never have 90k+ in those rounds. So it's either

[*:3rxcrp21]TranZit or
    [*:3rxcrp21]it was a custom game with 100k starting pts, of which he used a bit to get those guns from the box and for some doors (which i believe), or
    [*:3rxcrp21]the player is a point whore :D

I suggest taking the trailer with a huge grain of salt. Getting to 100k points with 2 basic weapons and no perks is near impossible.

Treyarch likes to exaggerate a lot. In the Elite trailer uploaded yesterday they show zombies stats with 80(!) downs in a single game. That's Treyarch for ya!

I think the elite stats were the player's overall stats - all the zombies he's EVER killed and all the downs he's EVER had

The points can be explained by the fact that it is TranZit Mode, and the player is about 5 or 6 hours into the mode. As we know, no rounds exist in TranZit. And considering it's immense size and open world game layout, I think a save function for the game mode should be considered as a definite possibility. It would work much like Dead Island's Co-Op story mode. I just posted on another thread how I could see it might work:

I was watching the first zombie trailer and i heard something.... Someone apears to say "right now..." And An undistiguished mumbling when it goes by the junkyard. My guess is the bus driver is also a tour guide.

Factoid number two, the bus goes twice to the terminal in the trailers, once just the bus, the other with rails. So we can assume back and forth from stages. The terminal perhaps is a very central piece of the map and from there is a short stroll to places?

So what i'm puzzled is how big this map is and how long will it take to complete it? Also if there are stages with a final boss, once you're done, what happens? It becomes free roam mode?

My big question is, in single player, fine, you auto-save after a boss and could continue later, but how about mp? Do we have to finish the game at once? Can we save and continue minus someone, can we swap people?

The map size and these questions will make or break zombies for quite a few people

My guess is we'll have around 6-10 stops...

I like you're thinking here, I've contemplated quite a bit of this.

:idea:

I'm seriously considering the possibilty of a save function for TranZit. I know that sounds absurd to some, but we need to keep in mind this mode is much different than the classic zombie mode we're used to. TranZit is dubbed "Story mode" for zombies, so we can expect to see some significant changes for the mode. I could see it working on the same basis as Dead Island: each person's progress saves independently, but you can join each other online to help complete missions, do easter eggs together, etc.

Every article has stated that TranZit has a HUGE open world game layout (again, much like DI), meaning there will be no loading screens and a nonlinear storyline. There will be many different ways to complete our ultimate goal, and I imagine we'll have ALOT of side quest Easter Eggs to discover that may even possibly change the overall outcome. They're doing it in campaign, so I'd say it's possible here. This story mode is gonna be unlike anything we've seen before, so things like cutscenes and a "final ending" are not out of the question. I think TranZit is going to blow people's minds. Now again, if you're saying that's too unlike Zombies, keep in mind we have an entire Survival mode dedicated to that. This is just what Treyarch meant when they said they had "free roam to do whatever they want". They're coming to impress.

This also brings up the question of DLC. Will future DLC provide more unlockable locations for this single map? Or will there be other locations we travel to? (ie major city, winter environment) I'd like to see the second option, but I think Treyarch will make it work well either way.

Just some ideas for you zombieheads to chew on ;)

..that is a lot of points..and the zombies dont even look tough to kill...its gonna be more of them in tranzit...i watched the trailer again and there is definitely more than 24 zombies spawn at the same time..is there gonna be a set number of zombies for each section of tranzit and once you kill them all you can move onto the next area?..

i hope that in campaign (solo mode) we will be able to save the game...