Mystery Box

The Black Ops 2 website was recently updated to include information about the Mystery Box giveaway. The article is http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/blog/2012/10/01/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-retweet-to-win-mystery-box-mondays if you'd like to read up on how to enter, and what the prize entails.

The article included a picture of a Mystery Box in a location that I've never seen before.

I placed the picture in a link since it's too big for the forum.

Any comments? I haven't seen this anywhere on the site so I figured I'd post.

Also, the walls look very familiar, don't they?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. As for the location of the box, I think I may know where this is. The wall visible in the hole in the ceiling looks a hell of a lot like the kino der toten alley. If so, then this would be inside the building with the window in the alley (you know, the one where you hear crying). Maybe we'll get an expanded kino der toten as a bonus? I could just be completely wrong and it could be somewhere else entirely. Who knows.

• Administrators

That is definitely Kino, that hole in the wall gives it away I feel. TranZit allows you to move around different areas, based on my understanding, and I'm curious if some of those areas may be old maps but new areas? Maybe at a price, new map pack, I don't know. It's highly unlikely but I'm just throwing it out there.

That is definitely Kino, that hole in the wall gives it away I feel. TranZit allows you to move around different areas, based on my understanding, and I'm curious if some of those areas may be old maps but new areas? Maybe at a price, new map pack, I don't know. It's highly unlikely but I'm just throwing it out there.

That's the first thing I thought as well. The picture just screams Kino. I just watched a video though with all the locations and it doesn't match up to any of them. It's either just some prototype thing they never used for Kino, a new box location in BO2 with reused textures from BO, or we travel back to Kino at some point and open more of the level. I'm leaning towards the first two. But I'm praying to the Zombie gods (JZ)that we travel back there, though like Tac said it's highly unlikely.

xArrZyXyBuE

Here's a quick edit I made.

http://i46.tinypic.com/6ny3cw.png

Now, you can see that outside it has the reddish tint. This place isn't Kino. Best bet? A house in the city we saw at the end of the trailer.

Maybe it is KDT2025 or something like that. Post apocalyptic setting applied to past maps. Just wishful thinking, but still. I'd buy it. Good find though. :D because, I mean, it DOES look like the area on Kdt I described.

• 2 weeks later...