DLC,Elite and the classic maps

• Moderators

Classic maps:

Basically,do you want the old maps to return?

Or maybe just some of them? (and if so:Which ones?)

I would like der Riese,Shang,Cotd,Kino and Five.

DLC:

How do you think they will handle dlcs?

One zombie map and 4 multiplayer maps?

The zombie map without the mp maps?

A zombie map pack and a multiplayer map pack?

I think they will go the same way they already went with BO1 and maybe the final map pack will be zombies only.

And will the zombie part of the dlc be an extention for Tranzit?

A new insanely big map?

A bunch of survival maps?

Or just one survival map?

Elite:

A pretty controversial topic.

I didn't buy it last year,simply because I disliked MW3.

BUT if I would have enjoyed MW3, I would have bought it,simply because it is cheaper to pay 50 bucks than 4x15 bucks (or was it 5 map packs? :lol: ) but you get it: It is cheaper.

Despite that you get some extra stuff. (don't really know what though :mrgreen: )

Moving on...

Do you think they will release drops again?

Do you think they will do something special for zombies?

Do you think it will be cheaper?

Do you think it will be totally different?

I think it will be cheaper and they will release the map packs and won't split them in to portions.

And they will do something special for zombies. :twisted: hopefully

What should Elite offer in order for you to buy it?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This time the zombies could be bigger than even MP and Campaign together so i deffinatly think we will get more maps than one maybe 50/50.It's on MP engine now so they could do it like Spec ops in MW3.I gues we will get around 15 maps who knows about the old maps if they return,but why not???Why to switch the disc?if u dont have to>Super guesture would be from treyarch give to it to the players who alredy bought the maps once or twice but even if they wont i ll gladly buy them now and in B.O.III as well :-)

I would like them to bring all of the classic maps back, simply because if they only did a few, they'd only do the most popular ones. Shangri-La, my favorite map, wasn't exactly a fan favorite :cry: Realistically, Der Reise, Kino, and Ascension are probably the most popular three. My top three are probably Shangri-La, Der Reise, and Call of the Dead.

Not sure what they're gonna do with Elite. Personally, I think that for the DLCs they should do a new map in the style of TranZit, giving us a new TranZit map and five survival maps, and also have one map specifically tailored for survival featuring our original characters. Six zombie maps per map pack. Sales would go through the roof.

I'm pretty sure they will just continue to run DLC much like how it was offered in MW3. And you can almost guarantee that elite will take some part in zombies. I'm still very skeptical about purchasing Elite though. Simply because I hate the idea of dumping another 50 bucks on top of just one game. I mean, for Blops 2, and getting the hardened edition, I'm already looking at dropping $130.

And really, I could careless for most of Elite's gizmos. But the thing is, it will ultimately save me money I suppose.

• Moderators

And really, I could careless for most of Elite's gizmos. But the thing is, it will ultimately save me money I suppose.

Exactly.

I for example know that I will get the dlc. So might as well save some money.

Although I won't get Elite straight away. Maybe next year as soon as the first zombie related dlc drops.

But the main selling point for me is definitely all the cool videos of people teaching me how to play CoD. (

But it is just ridiculous,how expensive games are.

For 3 new games you could buy one new console. (Despite the fact that consoles are too expensive as well.

so unless it will save me money for getting zombies I wont get it and haven't done in the past previously.

It will.

Activision would be stupid if that wouldn't be the case.

Saving money and getting the dlc earlier was the main selling point for Elite. (I could imagine)

Although a lot of people probably got the special edition of MW3 which,as you all know,did have Elite in the package.

My Theory

At Disc

1 TranZit Mode Map

~5-10 "smaller" Survival Maps based on the Locations from the TanZit Map

1 "bigger" Map for Survival Mode(Green Run?) with the Old Heroes and based on their Story

4z4 Mode uses the Tranzit Map

DLC

some Multiplayer Maps

1 TranZit Map (with their Locations playable in Survival)

1 bigger "Fab4 Storyline" Map

and a "Best of" Zombie Mappack with some from the old Ones

For the dlc, maybe they could split the zombies amd mp packages and make them a couple 100 ms points less. But if you buy one pack you get the other map pack like half off or something. But they would have to make more maps prbably to get more people buying them. Or just keep the same 1200 ms points and just have the best dlcs ever in video game history with like 12 maps?!?! I know it wont happen but maybe treyarch wants to show they are more passionate about COD then IW to Activision and begin their new world order?

And i dont have elite because i didnt buy MW3 but if it allows for early access to dlc, darn tooting im going to get it. And its cheaper in the long run so that is more then enough of a reason for me to get it. And i dont really care what else it comes with. probably stupid videos and news updates anybody could find on the internet. Does anybody know what else is included?

They have yet to announce Elite information. I have a feeling things will be different this time around. If not, they would have included it in the Special Editions. VonderHaar said we'd understand why it wasn't included soon. CoD Elite said they'd announce Elite info in September, and they didn't come through. Maybe tomorrow will be the day.

They have yet to announce Elite information. I have a feeling things will be different this time around. If not, they would have included it in the Special Editions. VonderHaar said we'd understand why it wasn't included soon. CoD Elite said they'd announce Elite info in September, and they didn't come through. Maybe tomorrow will be the day.

Yes, hopefully that more information comes out.Also I do have elite and it does save money. I know elite will be on but maybe only for mp. Since elite is base on factor of mp, I belive maybe the zombie map's will be separated. So if you want zombie map, then got to get it separated.

Why tomo???

CoD Elite said they'd announce Elite info in September, and they didn't come through.

^Story of Beachhead pretty much... :cry:

Really never understood why Activision put such incapable developers/coders on such a promising feature. Either that or Activision never allocated enough server space to Elite, making it slow and causing a lot of downtime.

Either way, really a big miss on a feature with potential to blow away bungie.net and battlelog.

I said today because it's the closest Wednesday to September that is not in September.

They've been announcing CoD information this year on Wednesdays and I don't expect that to change.

And for me to purchase, they better show me some leagues, zombies stuff, and some DLC. DLC especially. Make it worth my money.

Honestly though, if it's $50 again with no DLC, who will subscribe? The same price as last year without the DLC, especially after the "great" year they've had, would spell disaster.

• 2 weeks later...