THE ORIGINAL FOUR WILL RETURN! (In "some form")

From Charlie Intel:

Earlier this morning we posted lots of new Black Ops 2 MP details! We asked the fans on twitter if they had any questions, and we have been answering like crazy! But here is a list of the most popular questions and answers:

Q: Are the original 4 zombies characters returning?

A: Yes, but not playable in TranZit. However they will be present in “some form”.

So guys, ideas? I'm thinking they'll be a big part of the Tower of Babble easter egg. I'm guessing they'll be sending broadcasts to a radio tower and our new crew will try to help them out.

Source: http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/09/28/ ... -ops-2-mp/

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that we still get Map EE's? I REALLY want a regular map just like the older maps, Maybe they wanted to add more than one storyline. Hopefully we return with the old formula!

nikthatgamingshow said in a video of his today that he thinks there are exclusive survival maps which will have the old characters that we are used to. i hope this is the case. I love survival

Ray Out

YES!!!

"not playable in TranZit". I think we'll see them return in the survival/ classic mode. I hope the two coincide, ie new gang in TranZit help bring the gang back to Earth and they do their own Easter Eggs in their survival mode. That'd be awesome.

Just happy to hear they're returning in some "form".

Everyone keeps saying they will put them in Nuketown zombies but I doubt they will because not every single person will have that, just us guys that pre ordered it. I think we will be able to play as them on the survival maps after doing a easter egg or something maybe. Or like I posted before they will turn up after campaign like nacht and five.

• Moderators

Everyone keeps saying they will put them in Nuketown zombies but I doubt they will because not every single person will have that, just us guys that pre ordered it. I think we will be able to play as them on the survival maps after doing a easter egg or something maybe. Or like I posted before they will turn up after campaign like nacht and five.

Not everybody had the hardened edition of BO1. But those who had it could still play as the heroes.

And Nuketown zombies will be probably available as a dlc in the future.

That is my guess.

Not everybody had the hardened edition of BO1. But those who had it could still play as the heroes.

And Nuketown zombies will be probably available as a dlc in the future.

That is my guess.

Yeah you're probably right but I think it was different back then because people who didn't have hardened could still play as the original 4 in kino. I personally think nuketown might have people like jfk and oliver north as characters.

Nuketown Zombies isn't a preorder bonus...you're thinking of Nuketown 2025.

NZ is special edition only right now.

In the achievements, some say "In TranZit", others say "In Green Run". I think Green Run is a map exclusive to survival mode, where you play as the original four.

Gotta agree with this, Green Run appears to be it's own thing not a part of of tranZit.

They may not be playable in this but hopefully it will continue their storyline, and prepare for their possible return?

Oh I can't wait to finally slaughter the undead as my favorite nazi! (given he did swap bodies with a girl but I can get past that!)

I think that the crew will have to find their way to some kind of research center in America or england and find the HARRP which they will use to re-build the world to some state... Maybe will see something other then lava, like say toxic waist over lava!

COTD anyone?

I already pointed that out. ^

I'm sure its been stated that Nuketown WILL NOT BE on future DLCs i will find a link and post soon!!!

I HIGHLY doubt they said that. And even on the off chance that they did, I HIGHLY doubt they'll keep to it. It's just a bad market strategy. Make it exclusive for a while to get initial money. Then make it available to get another round of money. Why would they just exclude the second round? That's lost money.

Here is some info that may give you an idea of what Green Run really is all about:

The "Green Run" was a secret U.S. Government release of radioactive fission products on December 2–3, 1949, at the Hanford Site plutonium production facility. Radioisotopes released at that time were supposed to be detected by U.S. Air Force reconnaissance. Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to the U.S. Government have revealed some of the details of the experiment. Sources cite 5,500 to 12,000 curies (200 to 440 TBq) of iodine-131 released, and an even greater amount of Xenon-133. The radiation was distributed over populated areas, and caused the cessation of intentional radioactive releases at Hanford until 1962 when more experiments commenced.

There are some indications contained in the documents released by the FOIA requests that many other tests were conducted in the 1940s prior to the Green Run, although the Green Run was a particularly large test. Evidence suggest that filters to remove the iodine were disabled during the Green Run.

The project gets its name from the processing of uranium at Hanford. Due to the higher radioactivity involved, batch processing waited 83 to 101 days to allow the radioactive isotopes to decay. For the Green Run test, a batch was run with only a 16 day cooling period. The unfiltered exhaust from the production facility was therefore much more radioactive than during a normal batch.

Hmm, sounds like Radiation MP level to me...

I have no doubt that the new crew will return in such a way that we will love every second of it.

Carbon knows how important the orignal crew is to Zombie.

Regards Alpha.

Here is some info that may give you an idea of what Green Run really is all about:

The "Green Run" was a secret U.S. Government release of radioactive fission products on December 2–3, 1949, at the Hanford Site plutonium production facility. Radioisotopes released at that time were supposed to be detected by U.S. Air Force reconnaissance. Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests to the U.S. Government have revealed some of the details of the experiment. Sources cite 5,500 to 12,000 curies (200 to 440 TBq) of iodine-131 released, and an even greater amount of Xenon-133. The radiation was distributed over populated areas, and caused the cessation of intentional radioactive releases at Hanford until 1962 when more experiments commenced.

There are some indications contained in the documents released by the FOIA requests that many other tests were conducted in the 1940s prior to the Green Run, although the Green Run was a particularly large test. Evidence suggest that filters to remove the iodine were disabled during the Green Run.

The project gets its name from the processing of uranium at Hanford. Due to the higher radioactivity involved, batch processing waited 83 to 101 days to allow the radioactive isotopes to decay. For the Green Run test, a batch was run with only a 16 day cooling period. The unfiltered exhaust from the production facility was therefore much more radioactive than during a normal batch.

Hmm, sounds like Radiation MP level to me...

I have no doubt that the new crew will return in such a way that we will love every second of it.

Carbon knows how important the orignal crew is to Zombie.

Regards Alpha.

Great stuff here. I searched for Green Run a little while ago but couldn't come up with anything significant.

"Most of Hanford’s air releases came from the routine operation of the chemical plants used to separate plutonium and uranium from used reactor fuel. Some of the air releases came from the nuclear reactors along the Columbia River. The major radioactive releases occurred between 1944 and 1957. The largest ones were during 1945, when there were no filters on the stacks of the separations plants. In only five months, Hanford discharged more than half of the entire amount of iodine-131 released during the entire 1944-1972 period. Radioactive materials in the form of gases and particles went up the stacks."

It seems that the majority of the widespread radiation in Hanford during Green Run was spread through the air. Perhaps we are going to play a level that will include this type of radiation, or a new type of mutated zombie as a result of such radiation.

Good Find.

http://nuclearhistory.wordpress.com/201 ... green-run/

http://toxipedia.org/display/toxipedia/ ... +-+Hanford

My thoughts have been, and will be until further evidence becomes available, that we will have two stories running parralel to each other. The new TranZit storyline, and the classic survival mode with our favourite heroes (and one new person of course). Green Run I'm not sure about but once we know more I'm sure we can draw some better conclusions ;)

-Jolteon