User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Sign in to follow this  
Shapeshifter

Making a Pokemon Game (Postponed for a bit)

Donor

So, I'm making a Pokemon game.

Yes, a full-fledged Pokemon game; downloadable onto your computer of course.

I haven't even started scripting it or anything, but I have a region name, AND map

"The Nero Region"

An ingame version of the region

I'll be keeping this updated regularly, and I'm right now in the process of making an actual ingame map. (the other thing I posted was just concept art)

So, thoughts? Anything you guys would like to see? It won't have new Pokemon, but it'll be it's OWN game, with new sprites and story.

Right now we have a total of five people working on the game:

JakeDuck: Spriter

Shapeshifter: Mapper/coder/storyboard

"Ronin": an IRL friend. Mapper/coder/storyboard

Yellow-card: Beta Tester

teh shrew: Beta Tester

Skyler: IRL friend. Beta Tester

We need about 4 more Beta testers, (who will ACTUALLY provide critic and help sort out any bugs), another spriter or two, and another coder.

We are DEFINITELY using the Soul Silver ROM, but an Emerald version /MIGHT/ be made at a later date.

We're taking ideas for a NAME!!!

So please, ideas.

Make it have many easter eggs, a secret backstory and stuff, and some funny easter eggs (Ex: random pokemon doing the Carrameldansen)

But yeah, I hope you are able to do this :) Good Luck

Regards Yellow-card8

Donor

When you do this, make the map absolutely gigantic. It would be so cool to see EVERY Pokemon in it. Excluding generation 5...

Throw in a Ralts at the first route for me. ;)

Cool, but do you have any experience coding? It's not as easy as it looks. And you should consider adding custom Pokemon or forms. People will be disinclined to play a custom game with the same old species I think.

Cool, but do you have any experience coding? It's not as easy as it looks. And you should consider adding custom Pokemon or forms. People will be disinclined to play a custom game with the same old species I think.

I wouldn't mind playing with the same species. What are you putting as the starter pokemon(s)?

You should include a Shadow Lugia in there Shapeshifter. :p

Donor

The starter Pokemon shall be determined by votes; they will be determined by the votes of you guys and my IRL friends. 1 fire, grass, and water Starter from all the generations. It doesn't matter which.

And yes, I know how to code EXTREMELY well. C++, Java, you name it...

I'm gonna be using either a modified Emerald ROM, or a modified Soul Silver ROM(won't use touch screen).

By the way, if you want, I'll put you guys IN the actual game as random trainers... Just provide your first name and three of your favorite Pokemon.

I would love to be put into the game!

First name: Noah

Pokemon: Charzard, Pikachu, and Blastoise.

And also I was just thinking, maybe you should have some Nazi Zombie easter eggs. Have Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, and Rictofen running in randomly saying some funny stuff.

Donor

Um dude two starters really? sorry if I sound mean but WHY!?!?

What do you mean?

Love the idea and you got full support from me. If you need any artwork done let me know. Also, if you could put me in as a trainer that would be awesome :]

First Name: Chris

Pokemon: Mewtwo, Sceptile, and Groudon

Blood really a fucking mewtwo no stahp it

lol i thought that would be a little much. scratch mewtwo, add either Rayquaza or Latias or Deoxys. Which ever will make me well balanced as a trainer lol or i could be pokemon champion ;]

Donor

Maybe we should say no legendaries and only one starter pokemon from any trainer. Shape told me he already has every gym leader, elite four member, and champion. While we were talking I had suggested using us as Victory Road trainers.

Here is my team:

Gardevoir

Infernape

Staraptor

Unless we are going along with the plan of Me, Yellow, and Shrew being the tutorial triners. If so, I better catch a Ralts. ;)

REDACTED

Smeargle, Ditto, and Wobbuffet

This is just a suggestion, as I know it would take more complex coding, but what do you think about having EVERY starter Pokemon? Instead of choosing just three of all of them, you should make it to where you can choose:

Bulbsaur

Charmander

Squirtle

Pikachu

Eevee

Chikorita

Cyndaquil

Totodile

Treecko

Torchic

Mudkip

Turtwig

Chimchar

Piplup

Snivy

Tepig

Oshawott

Your rival would simply take one of the Pokemon of the type that is stronger than yours, at random.

If you took Piplup, your rival might take Bulbasaur.

If you took Snivy, your rival might take Cyndaquil.

If you took Pikachu, your rival takes Eevee.

So forth.

But I still think it'd be cool to see custom Pokemon, like the Dark Pokemon, Light Pokemon, Pink Pokemon, Delta Pokemon, Crystal Pokemon, maybe some Hybrid Pokemon, etc. I have sprites I've made for such groups (but they are 5th gen sprites).

He said that after you become champ that there is an island that's called starter island where starter pokemon are but their very very rare.

Also the team I would like is Heracross Umbreon and last but not least Snorlax

Donor

Alright, if you want to REALLY be in the game, I have started making sprites for the trainers.

I don't know what YellowCard8 looks like, so a human Fluttershy will do.

With a "Zombie Train" T-shirt

Regular and Zombie versions.

With masked and unmasked versions.

With "Zombie Train" T-Shirt

If you want me to make a sprite of you, add JakeDuck321 on Skype or send me a PM. You can privately send me a picture of you so I can make it for the game. You can also ask for a small Pokemon to be with you. :)

We also plan to have a CoDz building full of mods, dwellers, and admins that are fine with being in the game.

Donor

Alright, so, one of the MAIN easter eggs in the game, involves going to the CoDz headquarters and fighting all of the Mods, and Admins.

So far we have Carbon confirmed in the game.

Donor

Be sure to make my sprite a nazi zombie. :lol:

Oh, and pac-man as a EE pokemon. :P

plsnthx

Donor

Be sure to make my sprite a nazi zombie. :lol:

Oh, and pac-man as a EE pokemon. :P

plsnthx

I made it in two versions, one zombie and one regular. You can see them in my other sprite post. :)

Donor

Awesome, can't wait to see how this turns out!

Donor

Is this going to be compatible with a GBA emulator or DS?

DS emulator.

It'll be using the Soul Silver engine, sooo.