Nuketown Zombies Thread

Hey guys, thought that there should be a Nuketown Zombies thread until we can get a separate board for it. So, yeah, let's try to use this thread for things Nuketown related.

NOTE: this kinda bugs me, but you will NOT get Nuketown Zombies for pre-ordering. As of now, it is only available in the special editions. I know this seems like common knowledge but there are still people who thing that Nuketown 2025 also translates into Nuketown Zombies.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My coworkers somehow talked the gamestop manager into giving them a code for it even though they just preordered.

What bugs me is the fact that in order to get my Nuketown zombies, I have to lose my 3 tiers of preorder bonuses in order to change it to the Digital Deluxe, and that PC Doesn't get the cool options of a care package. No biggie really, but it does bug me. XD

Btw, isn't it kinda ironic Nuketown became a zombies map when Firing range had so many hints towards it becoming a zombie map? Especially how detailed the rumor was.

Am I wrong in hearing that Nuketown zombies is actually a pre-order special like nuketown 2025? I may have been hearing things at the end of the reveal trailer, idk.

It is not a pre-order bonus. You can only acquire Nuketown zombies through buying either the Hardened or Prestige addition of the game. Sorry if someone already answered this, my computer is not allowing me to see a few post.

• Moderators

It is not a pre-order bonus. You can only acquire Nuketown zombies through buying either the Hardened or Prestige addition of the game. Sorry if someone already answered this, my computer is not allowing me to see a few post.

Maybe it will be available in the last pre order wave.

Nuketown was always to be a zombie map.

I love this, Nuketown was one of my strongest MP maps.

Really can't wait to see how this plays out. Also this now has me saving for the Hardened edition. No way am I waiting for DLC this time around, I want it all from the start.

If your a true CoDz member you NEED to get at least the Hardened edition. Want it bad enough & fate will smile upon you.

To quote Richtofen "I'M IN HEAVEN, ARRrrhhhh"

Regards Alpha. :twisted:

Really can't wait to see how this plays out. Also this now has me saving for the Hardened edition. No way am I waiting for DLC this time around, I want it all from the start.

If your a true CoDz member you NEED to get at least the Hardened edition. Want it bad enough & fate will smile upon you.

Quoted for sadness...even though I am a diehard zombies fan I kinda lack the money to get any special edition atm. Hell even getting BO2 the first week as of now is gonna be a scramble for me, college tuition, rent, books, food, all this crap draining every penny :cry:

I was not going to buy BOII until I saw Transzit. Now I am considering a purchase, but I will wait untill the game is out and have watched a few Ytube vids. The Nuketown map sounds great, but on principle; I cannot justify an extra £20 for a single Z map. Everything else in the Hardened edition has no value to me personaly and offer nothing in terms of additional gameplay or experience.

I feel that this descision to only include Nuketown Z with the Hardened edition is a sad continuation of extorsionist marketing practices. Such as only being able to purchase Moon with the classic maps @1200MSP. IMHO not very good value for money. Given the size of Transit, I think that map alone will keep my interest for quite some time should I to eventualy purchase BOII.

I was not going to buy BOII until I saw Transzit. Now I am considering a purchase, but I will wait untill the game is out and have watched a few Ytube vids. The Nuketown map sounds great, but on principle; I cannot justify an extra £20 for a single Z map. Everything else in the Hardened edition has no value to me personaly and offer nothing in terms of additional gameplay or experience.

I feel that this descision to only include Nuketown Z with the Hardened edition is a sad continuation of extorsionist marketing practices. Such as only being able to purchase Moon with the classic maps @1200MSP. IMHO not very good value for money. Given the size of Transit, I think that map alone will keep my interest for quite some time should I to eventualy purchase BOII.

Suit yourself. Nuketown Zombies is a reward for players who are dedicated enough to pre-order and willing to pay an extra $20, which you're clearly not :lol:

Also, really? Treyarch releases all Black Ops map packs with 1 zombie map at 1200MSP and you pick on the one that gives you FIVE for that price? :roll:

The way I look at it is I get a sweet as quadcopter for $120. :D

If your a true CoDz member you NEED to get at least the Hardened edition.

Suit yourself. Nuketown Zombies is a reward for players who are dedicated enough to pre-order and willing to pay an extra $20, which you're clearly not :lol:

Also, really? Treyarch releases all Black Ops map packs with 1 zombie map at 1200MSP and you pick on the one that gives you FIVE for that price? :roll:

I posted because I do not agree with the language I see being used here. The suggestion of Alphas comment is that if you do not purchase Hardened, you are not a true CODZ member. Obviously I strongly disagree. A choice to purchase a product should not be based on a false sense of allegience to a group or due to imposed peer pressure.

I was careful to indicate that the value of the content in the Hardened edition was my personal opinion. I appreciate that someone who might have purchased these items seperatly would feel they are good value for money to purchase them together at a slight discount. However, I would suggest that the majority of people if offered the chance to purchase Nuketown Zombies seperatly for say 400MSP, without the other content they are currently forced to purchase to aquire Nuketown Zombies; would jump at the chance.

Now back to the use of language.

Nuketown Zombies is not a reward. You are paying for it. You are paying around £20 to purchase this map. The rest of the content in the Hardened edition offers no gameplay or experience in the traditional sence. Even if you can somehow attribute some intrinsic value to the rest of the Hardened package content, you are still paying for the Nuketown Zombies map. Your suggestion that I lack dedication to the franchise, well this reminds me of sales tactics that manipulate language to manipulate perception, which in the end is truth. Rather like the use of statistics that sold Nuketown as everyones favourite BO map. Seriously? Does anyone think double XP Nuketown 247 and quick ranking might have affected those stats slightly?

I sincerely hope that Nuketown Zombies turns out to be an awesome map. I really do not want to be reading threads on HQ made by kids who feel ripped off, when they were just dedicated to the franchise :roll:

With regards the Moon map pack, I just noted the similarity between the marketing methods used for Moon and the Hardened edition. Package something a large number of people wish to purchase with something that many of those people probably would not purchase if given the option. Dont give them the option, and make more money than you would if you gave people an option. This tactic does remind me of the sub prime mortgages fiasco in the banking sector :lol:

You will have to take into consideration that I like a lot of people allready owned the classic maps after purchasing them for W@W buy buying 3 full priced map packs. While this did offer an opportunity for those who had played these maps previously to purchase them, a few "dedicated" players felt left out in the cold.