zombie achievements officially revealed

well, the wait is finally over - and i can happily say i have a link for this on 360achievements and the corresponding article as well = LEGIT

PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PAST LEAKS NO MATTER HOW TEMPTING!

achievements link:http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii/achievements/

article link:http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/728308/black-ops-2-achievements-revealed-include-multiplayer-rewards/

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone, there are more zombie achievements in the link in the OP. These are interesting... the "Tombstone" everyone was buzzing about has it's own achievement... I still think it's a perk.

nope these are all the achievements so far. you must have read it while i was still editing the post. i'm guessing tombstone may be a perk in the 'green run' mode.

Not sure if this is actually confirmed by Activision. But if so, :mrgreen: we can finally discuss it!

I suggest putting the list in a spoiler dropdown or add an alert to the thread title, its a pretty big spoiler for Campaign and Zombies.

I'll wait for a mod to give the green light before I go on with discussing this ;).

i was just going to include the zombie achievements, i figured multiplayer could go in the multiplayer section. do you still think it needs a spoiler?

i'm pretty sure if it's on 360achievements then it's okay - but if i'm wrong, feel free to lock the threads mods. check my links first though, just to be sure.

Not sure if this is actually confirmed by Activision. But if so, :mrgreen: we can finally discuss it!

I suggest putting the list in a spoiler dropdown or add an alert to the thread title, its a pretty big spoiler for Campaign and Zombies.

I'll wait for a mod to give the green light before I go on with discussing this ;).

EDIT, Spoilers are now fixed :D

Why hello achievements, good to see you

:D Here's my take on them:

Tower of Babble 75

In TranZit, obey the voices.- DON'T IGNORE THEM! Especially the German sounding ones...

Don't Fire Until You See 30

In TranZit, have all doors opened without being set on fire.- Can't be too difficult aslong as you avoid fire zombies.

The Lights Of Their Eyes 5

In Green Run, pacify at least 10 zombies with 1 EMP. -EMPs are now confirmed but what does it mean by pacify them?

Undead Man's Party Bus 15

In TranZit, complete all additions to the bus in 1 game.- Seems like a lot of work.

Dance On My Grave 5

In Green Run, acquire your Tombstone.- Part of the EE, could mean walking into that skull and crossbones thing in the trailer? Or just kill yourself, in a bad way.

Standard Equipment May Vary 25

In TranZit, acquire 4 different equippable items in 1 game.- Equip ables :D well the shield is one!

You Have No Power Over Me 15

You Have No Power Over Me - Um, the picture is of a cloud of lighting...

I Don't Think They Exist 10

In TranZit, kill one of the denizens of the forest while it is latched onto you. -Denizens :shock: That latch... great, they sound citizens that have gone mad but are probably a new type of zombies

Fuel Efficient 10

In TranZit, use an alternative mode of transportation.- I presume walking

Happy Hour 10

In TranZit, buy 2 different perks before turning on the power.- So we can buy perks without power... interesting. Also we now know there is a power switch somewhere. On the photo there is also a bell over it so it looks like you can purchase perks in the diner?

If it is a leak then sorry!

Spoilers work fine for me.

Why hello there!

Anyways on topic:

Tower of Babble sounds like the main EE to me. It gives you 75G just like the previous EE's did on Moon etc. Picture below shows where I think the tower is located.

I think that Green Run is just the name of the facility we see in the trailer. Could also be the name for one of the EE's of course. Wiki link!

Acquiring 'your tombstone' only gives you 5G, I really think its just a basic task, possibly a buy-able one (perk?) at the facility.

The 4 equitable item achievement has a table as an image, which would be a workbench then? We've seen one in the trailer.

Tower of Babble. Alright I'll have a go.

In the Bible, the Tower of Babel was built to reach to the heavens. It was going to bring people to God. Because of man's greed and desire to be just like God, He destroyed the tower and changed everyone's languages. This is how, according to the Bible, we have all the different languages today.

Now let's bring this to zombies. "Follow the voices." The voices could be part of why it was named Babble. Maybe the voices are in our heads, as has been suggested before, and we must do as they say. Perhaps it's not the voices that Richtofen has had though. Here's my guess. It's Tank, Takeo, Nickolai, and Sam. They want us to make something that will reach to the heavens(or in this case the Moon)to help them escape.

Now there are a few questions I wonder about with this. Why would they build a tower if the heroes could just teleport to earth? How do the heroes get their voices to cast out at TranZit? I don't know these answers honestly.

This just sparked my mind for another idea. What if we are repairing the radio tower? That's a large tower that casts out many many voices all over the place. Maybe the voices need that tower fixed? What you think?

Now let's bring this to zombies. "Follow the voices." The voices could be part of why it was named Babble. Maybe the voices are in our heads, as has been suggested before, and we must do as they say. Perhaps it's not the voices that Richtofen has had though. Here's my guess. It's Tank, Takeo, Nickolai, and Sam. They want us to make something that will reach to the heavens(or in this case the Moon)to help them escape.

that is a very interesting idea man. Nice. and thanks for the info on Babel.

something to consider is where the actual act of "babble" comes from - oft from a crazy person, or off kilter individual.

Knowing Treyarch, this can't just be a play on words.

Now I could finally talk about it "Green Run" refers to a secret U.S. Air Force experiment at Washington State's Hanford Nuclear Reservation that released somewhere between 7,000 and 12,000 curies of iodine-131 into the air on December 2-3, 1949. The experiment was called the Green Run because it involved a processing "run" of uranium fuel that had been cooled for only a short time (16 days), and was, therefore, "green." The normal practice in 1949 was to cool the fuel 90 to 100 days before processing. The longer cooling time allows for radiation, especially iodine-131, to decay to lower levels.

The reported purpose of the Green Run was to test monitoring equipment the Air Force was developing for its intelligence activities concerning the Soviet Union's nuclear weapons program. The Green Run remained a top government secret until the 1980s when reports were made public in response to Freedom of Information Act requests. The requests were filed by the Hanford Education Action League and the newspaper The Spokesman-Review, both based in Spokane. The U.S. Air Force continues to withhold significant information about the Green Run including the names of the official(s) who ordered the experiment and the intelligence unit that participated in the monitoring. WA Department of Health - green run

So here's one easter egg we have to do.

So, "Obey the voices"

The emblem shows two people speaking into the ear of a person.

Which two voices could we hear in Moon, clearly, wherever we were when they spoke?

Now put 2+2 together

im trying to think but really dont know lol I thought you could hear everyone everywhere on moon.

I mean, it's just a theory, but we hear Richtofen and Maxis during the easter egg wherever we are on the map.

So, "Obey the voices"

Which two voices could we hear in Moon, clearly, wherever we were when they spoke?

Now put 2+2 together

im trying to think but really dont know lol I thought you could hear everyone everywhere on moon.

I mean, it's just a theory, but we hear Richtofen and Maxis during the easter egg wherever we are on the map.

Oh ok I see, so it's possible we will be hearing from them again in Tranzit.

So, "Obey the voices"

Now put 2+2 together

well said sir. Reminds me of the age old angel and devil on your shoulders.

This could also be a nod to the voices Richtofen hears after touching the pyramid - i've heard people say it's just him being schizophrenic, i've also heard people say it's the ancient aliens that built the technology (i.e. the "v" word), or even the devil. Pure speculation.

Now there are a few questions I wonder about with this. Why would they build a tower if the heroes could just teleport to earth? How do the heroes get their voices to cast out at TranZit? I don't know these answers honestly.

This just sparked my mind for another idea. What if we are repairing the radio tower? That's a large tower that casts out many many voices all over the place. Maybe the voices need that tower fixed? What you think?

Well since Edward knows they are the only people to stop him, he probably blocked the teleport. So they need them to get them back to earth. But why would they wanna do that? Remember, sam knows alot since she's been on moon for so long. She knows how to end his power as well. Nice move sam 8-)

Does anyone realize this pretty much confirms electric zombie?

When zombies are electrified on CotD, they get angry, fast, and aggressive. Soooo, de-electrifying them with an emp would therefore make them slow, weak, and calm... In other words PACIFIED. So there must be something that can electrify them to begin with. Thus far, only bosses have that ability. This, coupled with the ideas in the "new zombie" thread, SCREAMS new electric enemy. :D

Now here are my thoughts on the rest:

Tower of Babble, eh? Play on of the tower of Babel in the bible. Definitely the Easter egg.

I assume they mean "having yourself catch fire" so basically open all doors without getting hit by a fire zombie.

See above for EMP.

As I said before with the cow catcher on the bus in one pic and none in the other it is probably upgradable. Upgrades will probably include durability, speed, ability to kill zombies in front of it, et cetera.

Ah, the tombstone. As I said I think you drop it when you die. It will display your kills, revives, downs, et cetera at your time of death. Oh yeah, and your name (obviously).

Four equippable items. like claymores, hacker, emp, et cetera. Simple enough.

You have no POWER over me. Definitely a reference to electro zomb. Probably just "kill it before it does X."

Forest denizens that latch onto you... No clue... Yet.

Fuel efficiency seems to imply motorcycles or bikes or some other form of transportation besides the bus. Or... Teleporters maybe?

IT IS HAPPY HOUR! Some think it is like how on COTD you kill George before you get the power on. However it says BUY. So I think the electrical boss will jump out of a machine and attack you regardless of whether the power is on. It could be in a perk machine, the power generator (as seen in trailer) or pap, et cetera. Killing it may grant you momentary access to that machine it is inhabiting at the time. Or maybe you have to buy it WHILE fighting it? Only time will tell.