Weird Happenings On CoDz (Updated 2.)

Shapeshifter

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm stumped. I spent a solid 2 hours last night trying to figure this damn thing out. Seems to be much more cryptic than the first transmission. It doesn't appear to be a cipher of any kind.

I'll note it's a bit odd that every letter in the sentence is capitalized (A-B-H-A-L-L-W). I attempted to plug the letters in for an anagram, but it doesn't appear to make anything. The only word it came up with was Bhalwal, an area of Pakistan. Don't think there's any relevance to it.

I also tried searching the combination of words but couldn't find anything that connects. The second sentence seems to be a code of some sort, but I'm puzzled.

I'm gonna try and give it another shot later tonight if I can. If anyone's got any ideas make sure to post them! We solved the first one so quickly because we were bouncing ideas off each other. Let's get this bad boy solved already!

I have been fiddling with ciphers to try and solve it but can't find anything. I also searched words and only got linked back to this forum :| The first part seems perfectly fine

"A Beseeched Hell?", I don't think this needs changing although I could be wrong, all I think is "A begging Hell":

"A Lumps Lynx Wort." I can't figure this out.

I've tried finding these in 'Beyond Birth and Death' book that Jimmy tweeted a while back but can't find anything. So I think that's out of the question.

Here are some definitions:

"Wort":

Used in names of plants and herbs, esp. those used, esp. formerly, as food or medicinally, e.g., butterwort, woundwort.

Such a plant or herb.

*Possibly a plant that someone has used, maybe a cure for the zombies as we are in a place where zombies are in straight jackets, perhaps people were trying to cure them ?

"A begging hell? Then lumps of lynx herb/plant will solve the problem?"

(Lynx is a wild cat found chiefly in the northern latitudes of North America and Eurasia) maybe a location point or an EE hint?

This is really me brainstorming to everyone and don't blame you for taking it as blabbing, probably doesn't help much but that's what I've found for now. I'll be back.

I have been fiddling with ciphers to try and solve it but can't find anything. I also searched words and only got linked back to this forum :| The first part seems perfectly fine

"A Beseeched Hell?", I don't think this needs changing although I could be wrong, all I think is "A begging Hell":

"A Lumps Lynx Wort." I can't figure this out.

I've tried finding these in 'Beyond Birth and Death' book that Jimmy tweeted a while back but can't find anything. So I think that's out of the question.

Here are some definitions:

"Wort":

Used in names of plants and herbs, esp. those used, esp. formerly, as food or medicinally, e.g., butterwort, woundwort.

Such a plant or herb.

*Possibly a plant that someone has used, maybe a cure for the zombies as we are in a place where zombies are in straight jackets, perhaps people were trying to cure them ?

"A begging hell? Then lumps of lynx herb/plant will solve the problem?"

(Lynx is a wild cat found chiefly in the northern latitudes of North America and Eurasia) maybe a location point or an EE hint?

This is really me brainstorming to everyone and don't blame you for taking it as blabbing, probably doesn't help much but that's what I've found for now. I'll be back.

Any ideas help! ;) There's no crazy answers when it comes to messages as mysterious as this.

Both phrases seem a bit weird really. "A Beseeched Hell" is somewhat normal, but "A Lumps Lynx Wort" is just jibberish. Even when you break down the meaning, the sentence doesn't make any sense. It's got to be code for something. There's soemthing we're missing.

Lynx in Mythology - 'keeper of secrets' 'symbolises the the unravelling of hidden truths' and 'clairvoyance'

Interesting that both the Soviets and US tried to use clairvoyance in some form during the cold war.

All things considered perhaps Samantha is clairvoyant. Or could it be a method employed by the Vri Ya when speaking to Edward. It involves methods of transferring information throgh extra-sensory perception.

Interesting that Lynx seems to be appear as an enemy of hell, namely Cerebus, well that was the image chosen by the Academy of Lynxes, a society in Italy.

In relation to clairvoyance, their is a song by avenged sevenfold called Clairvoyant Disease, probably no relation.

Too beseech - to pray. Could be to pray to hell.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a little help from Mr.X.

I asked for a clue, he gave me the number of words & filled one or two blanks.

I felt so dumb asking.

Here is the next, riddle:

I have two eyes; two wheels; two lives.

In one, I am non-existent.

In the other, I gratify another commodity, of which you too have two.

Who am I?

Regards, Alpha.

Who am I?

Hmmm.

This is pretty cryptic to say the least haha. Will try and get some more people to look over the thread and help out :D

- Waffles

Oooh waffles, call yourself lucky there!! Your lucky I didn't print screen!

Very cryptic. I think we could interpret this as an extended metaphor based around the theme of personification. I would rule out any zoomorphism because of the "two wheels" line. The "wheels" shake this whole thing up and make it more difficult. However, as I said, it could be a metaphor. If they're not literal wheels, then what are they? Possibly just a means of getting around. Transport.

When discussing the "I am non-existent" line, I would look much deeper into it than the subject being physically, not there. Perhaps it is a person or animal's sense of un-importance. Or perhaps an object that nobody takes notice of.

"I gratify another commodity" is also interesting. Gratifying is pleasing something, indulging it in something. And a commodity is a useful or valuable thing, of which we have two of.

At a guess, this riddle is personifying the Bus Stop.

In relation to the "two eyes", I really don't know how a bus-stop has two eyes. Perhaps the bus stop is fitted with security cameras, something like that. The "two wheels" line, to me, connotes the Bus/Buses. There could possibly be two buses that circle TranZit so we don't have to wait ages for one to turn up. The Bus stop is talking about its two lives, one where we are in it, and another where we are elsewhere. In one, it is non-existent. Nothing happens. It just stands there and nobody takes any notice of it. However, when we are at the Bus Stop fighting off Zombies, it helps us out as best it can. It "gratifies another commodity". It acts as a place for the bus top possibly re-fuel or for us to fix it up and add parts to it. I link the bus to being the commodity, because it fits in with my idea of there possibly being two buses.

That's just my rambling brain spewing things out. The more I read through what I just typed the more I find holes in it. I don't think there are two buses in TranZit. I'm pretty sure there's only one. But hey! There's probably something useful in all my nonsensical babble :P

CCM

My idea is that this riddle is describing Frank Woods himself. Why I think this is because if he is alive this explains the lines "two lives"(one alive, one dead) and "In one, I am non-existent (the one where he is presumed dead). Now this is where the lines "two wheels" and "In the other, I gratify another commodity, of which you too have two" come in. What I see here is "two wheels" describing a wheelchair and the "commodity, of which you too have two" meaning a pair of legs that he lost in the explosion?

I suppose it could also be describing Reznov with the whole non-existent thing too. Might as well throw one more guess as to who it is while I'm at it, the silhouette guy in the Kino painting anyone?

I hope this all makes sense, and yes I do know Woods doesn't have much to do with zombies but he does share the same kind of unsolved mystery in a zombies kind of way.

My idea is that this riddle is describing Frank Woods himself. Why I think this is because if he is alive this explains the lines "two lives"(one alive, one dead) and "In one, I am non-existent (the one where he is presumed dead). Now this is where the lines "two wheels" and "In the other, I gratify another commodity, of which you too have two" come in. What I see here is "two wheels" describing a wheelchair and the "commodity, of which you too have two" meaning a pair of legs that he lost in the explosion?

I suppose it could also be describing Reznov with the whole non-existent thing too. Might as well throw one more guess as to who it is while I'm at it, the silhouette guy in the Kino painting anyone?

I hope this all makes sense, and yes I do know Woods doesn't have much to do with zombies but he does share the same kind of unsolved mystery in a zombies kind of way.

Wow, that actually makes a lot of sense. Good job!

Anyone else have any ideas as good as this one? :P I'm pretty stumped haha.

- Waffles

Why thank you kind sir :), I've been trying figure it out some more since I wrote that last post but unfortunately I too am stumped. I'm looking forward to a potential theory video from yourself if we do eventually make sense of all this jibber jabber :)