The "Back to the Future" Connection ~ Map Theory *UPDATED*

Hey guys! There were a few references to the back to the future series in another thread which got me thinking (as usual). This is a theory on the map we are going to be seeing and how it might be a nod towards the series. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, here's a recap on the first movie.

a boy named Marty mcfly lives in the year 1985. His friend, doctor brown, wants to show him his new invention. The invention is a car equipped with a flux capacitor. This device tears a rift in the space-time continuum, making it possible to drive the car through time. In a bizarre twist Marty is accidentally sent back in time to 1955, the year his parents met. He messes some stuff up so it creates a paradox. In order to cancel it and ensure his parents ever meet in the first place he needs to get them to fall in love at an "enchantment under the sea" prom.

Anyway, three bits of recent info stuck out at me:

The bus

The WaltZ

The Diner

Here's the connection I see.

Many have speculated that there will be no teleporters on this map. However, what If the bus IS the teleporter? What if It had its very own flux capacitor loaded up with one point twenty one gigawatts of electricity?

My theory is that you start in the 80s, 1985 to be exact. There is a town/city like in back to the future. This is where the diner would be located. Punching in a date in the bus and zooming off at 88 miles per hour will take you to 1955. This area will be the same place but before it was developed. So, it would be A FARM!

See where I'm going with this? Then you could go into the future, after the rockets hit! It would be all messed up. Y'know, because of the missiles... It would be like a post apocalyptic war zone!

this one is a little more far fetched. The waltZ sound we hot seems to be music interrupted by something... Electrical. But focusing on the music, it sounds A LOT like the music from "the enchantment under the sea" prom in back to the future. If in the map we can access a ballroom or a school this music could be playing. However it seems more likely that it is playing on a jukebox. Where do we usually see a jukebox? DINERS! The music could just be playing from there. Also, the finer itself seems suspicious to me. In back to the future the very first place Marty goes once he is in the past is a Diner! He actually meets his teenaged dad there.

Another thing to note is that on der reise richtofen makes a joke about 1.21 gigawatts. This was probably just a random joke at the time, but it seems to me they may make a few nods towards the movies in the next map. Even the time frame seems to fit.

The only error I see is that in the preview the sky is red, suggesting that the missiles have hit. Seems to me like the time shown in the preview is the furthermost in the future for this map.

I know it seems crazy, but give it a thought.

Here are the links to the WaltZ and the song earth angel. This is the song Marty's parents listen to in the moment they fall in love at the prom. The beginning sounds almost identica to the WaltZ, huh?

Earth angel: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VJcGi4-n_Yw

WaltZ: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G65-CDgrgEM

UPDATE

Hey guys, just to clarify, this is how I think the bus will function based on this theory. The actual flux capacitor activates when the vehicle goes a certain speed (88 miles per hour to be exact). However I believe that IF the bus is capable of time travel it will need to go a certain DISTANCE. This way you would simply ride around the block a while until you has gone far enough. However, as we saw on the trailer, the bus moves painfully slowly. This will mean that if we want to time travel we will have to survive in the bus for a minute while completely besieged by the undead. What a risky price to pay!

One other thing. In the preview we here a voice near the beginning. Directly following it I think I hear richtofen's voice! It's really quiet so I can't be sure. Anyway, on topic, many have thought that it might be possible to play as characters from Back to the Future, alongside the fearsome foursome. Can anyone identify the voice heard in the trailer as any of the back to the future gang's? Maybe doc brown, Marty, Marty's dad, and Marty's girlfriend/mom? Just a thought. I CALL DOC BROWN!

GREAT SCOTT!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic