Zombie Cutscenes?

When you boot up a game of zombies you usually hear something related to the story with a back drop of the comic book. Now sense completing the Moon easter egg recently I think that we aren't going to have the comic book or just a picture we will have in game or live cutscenes.

Think about it it wouldn't make a lot of sense seeing as the community is growing at a substantial rate and people completing the Black ops Easter Eggs and not really now whats going on with the story. So I would like to think that Treyarch are going to give us a little more in the beginning. When have you asked yourself how does our heroes get to the locations? A lot I'm sure of that.

Thanks as always Gimme a Kiss.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that teaser looked like a cut-scene in the beginning part. I know some people for whatever reason believe cut-scenes ruin the core experience even though I thought they were fine with FIVE and Cotd.

It's not like they need to tell the whole story, they could just be used for transitional purposes or at least to explain something that they wouldn't be able to through gameplay. They could even leave more questions than it answered for all I care, I would just like to see some cut-scenes to explain what the hell happened after Moon.

The cutscenes in "Five" and CotD were fine because they didn't feature the original characters. I want them to keep going with the comic books. If they need to explain something due to continuity, then they could have voices played over the comic, like Richtofen in Kino to let the players know that the crew had time traveled.

The developers said they can't do cutscenes in the middle of the game purely due to technical cause. They can't stop the zombies from spawning. Now that they are in the multiplayer engine, things are different. I'm not sure if they would do cutscenes or not.

@ MurderMachineX When did Treyarch say they wouldn't do cutscenes? Im not doubting you I've just always heard this but never heard when they said that.

And also, what about the WAW trailers? Weren't those essentially cutscenes? No one complains about those ruining the core of Zombies, and honestly, if they did do cutscenes i don't think anyone would really care as much as were making them out to.

The WaW trailers were literally gameplay footage, not cutscenes. The trailers only have a few unique lines laid over top of them footage; that's it.

And it was at the Call of Duty XP where they said it in response to a man's question. I'm not sure where to find that on the internet. But like I said, they SAID they won't. It doesn't mean that they won't.

Well in the beginning of the WAW trailers we got visuals. Not visuals of characters, but we did get non-gameplay footage visuals, like while the characters were talking at the beginning of Der Reise?

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5QEHtEaZuA

Look what they do from 0:11 to 0:20. I would be fine with something like that, but elongated to cutscene length get me?

Treyarch claimed that they will never have cutscenes with the original crew. It's just a matter of whether they intend to keep that promise.

It's like how they said there wouldn't be Splitscreen Online Zombies before Black Ops came out...

:|

That was probably because they thought it wouldn't be able to handle it, not because they were abhorrent to the idea.

What exactly is wrong with having a cut-scene or two for zombies before the match starts? The casual zombies player will not take the time to go through the EE's and all the other very subtle hints to the story line just to understand it. Plus zombies has gotten bigger now. It's amazing how Treyarch has been able to tell this wonderful story before, but it can't stay like that forever.

What exactly is wrong with having a cut-scene or two for zombies before the match starts? The casual zombies player will not take the time to go through the EE's and all the other very subtle hints to the story line just to understand it. Plus zombies has gotten bigger now. It's amazing how Treyarch has been able to tell this wonderful story before, but it can't stay like that forever.

They would have made a serious mistake for not doing the Easter eggs then, (bane voice) But not as serious as yours... I fear... (you haven't actually down anything wrong I just wanted to make the quote...)

They would have made a serious mistake for not doing the Easter eggs then, (bane voice) But not as serious as yours... I fear... (you haven't actually down anything wrong I just wanted to make the quote...)

+1 for yet another Batman reference.

And I didn't say take out the EE completely, I sincerely hope they leave those in there. I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with an introductory cut-scene is all.

"When the Easter Eggs are finished... then you have my permission to die.."

+1 for yet another Batman reference.

And I didn't say take out the EE completely, I sincerely hope they leave those in there. I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with an introductory cut-scene is all.

"When the Easter Eggs are finished... then you have my permission to die.."

I completely agree, I mean there isn't anything wrong with how the players get there and then they a zombie arrive and the round starts normally. IMO that's what Im asking for and some people on here. Though I see why the devs wouldn't do cut-scenes because it would ruin the feel of zombies concerning the storyline.