Will 4v4 be on the regular multiplayer maps?

Think about it. What better maps to do team vs team than on the maps that are designed for it. The zombies could spawn like the attack dogs do, and the two teams play objectives until a score limit is reached. There are two reasons I think this:

1. Zombies is in the multiplayer engine. Kinda self-explanatory, wouldn't take much work on Treyarch's part.

2. The return of Nuketown. Nuketown is returning in 2 forms, Nuketown 2025, and Nuketown zombies. Every Hardened edition comes with both, but only pre-ordering gets you Nuketown 2025. So every multiplayer map has a zombies alternatem Nuketown 2025 included. So Nuketown zombies could very well be the first confirmed 4v4 map.

What do you think?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, what you just suggested is the equivalent of putting Sonic the Hedgehog levels into a Mario game. They're two different games. Every map, zombies and multiplayer, are carefully designed with gameplay first and foremost in mind. But zombies gameplay and multiplayer gameplay are vastly different from each other. A map that would be fantastic in multiplayer probably would not work at all in zombies, and vice-versa.

Basically just like Spec-ops survival played out in MW3 except with melee bots instead of shooter bots, no windows to board, no crawlers, no story? Basically it would be a 3 team deathmatch with one team being controlled by superior numbered AI melee bots.

I could see this happening for 4v4, I wouldn't really like it, but I could see something like that being implemented, it would make for a much quicker/casual game type and still leave the classic survival untarnished.

I'm hoping you are wrong and 4v4 is it's own truly original designed from the ground up experience, but I can see how you could be right.

***Edited: I can't spell lol.

Basically, what you just suggested is the equivalent of putting Sonic the Hedgehog levels into a Mario game. They're two different games. Every map, zombies and multiplayer, are carefully designed with gameplay first and foremost in mind. But zombies gameplay and multiplayer gameplay are vastly different from each other. A map that would be fantastic in multiplayer probably would not work at all in zombies, and vice-versa.

Super smash brothers brawl.

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

...just sayin.

• Moderators

...just sayin.

No it is not.

And even if it is. His point still stands.

I hope that you were beeing sarcastic.

...just sayin.

No it is not.

And even if it is. His point still stands.

I hope that you were beeing sarcastic.

Don't worry I was joking! Sorry! I should know better since the leaked info thread incident...

I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt that 4Z4 will be on MP maps. As far as I know 4Z4 is just like regular Zombies, but with twice the players and 2 seperate teams of survivors. If Treyarch has any common sense, they will keep Zombies and MP seperate.

I agree that the maps should be separate. But zombies is no longer separate from MP as zombies now runs on the MP engine.

I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt that 4Z4 will be on MP maps. As far as I know 4Z4 is just like regular Zombies, but with twice the players and 2 seperate teams of survivors. If Treyarch has any common sense, they will keep Zombies and MP seperate.

I agree that the maps should be separate. But zombies is no longer separate from MP as zombies now runs on the MP engine.

That is incorrect. They run on the same engine, yes, but that does not mean they are one in the same. It's like when zombies ran on the campaign engine, that doesn't mean that zombies was part of the campaign.

And while I'm here...

...just sayin.

Green Hill Zone in SSBB was not a real Sonic level, but rather a remake of it for this game. Also, SSBB was not a Mario game, but rather a game featuring Mario. Now that all the facts have been put in place...

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

That is incorrect. They run on the same engine, yes, but that does not mean they are one in the same. It's like when zombies ran on the campaign engine, that doesn't mean that zombies was part of the campaign.

I did not mean to say they are one in the same, I apologize for not making that more clear. I simply meant to say that they had a connection by sharing the same engine is all.

Although going back to World At War, Nacht Der Untoten and Verrukt were both based off there Multiplayer/Campaign map and they are great fun to play. I'm thinking Black Ops 2 gameplay will be similar to WaW.