Sign in to follow this  
FatedTitan

Calling all of you out

I don't care how you put it, until Treyarch releases it, until the only copy of the cutscene isn't terribly quality, incomplete, and hunted down by Activision, until it can be easily found through official channels; It. Is. A. Leak.

I personally think if Activision are taking down videos of the cutscene then it would be due to a deal they have in place with the organizers of Comic-Con rather than because they don't want the public to see it. After all... it was broadcast to the public at CC so it is hardly some big secret. Also, from your description of the video you gave it sounds like you probably watched it yourself.

There is a reason this site only has 22k+ members from a community of millions. Even custom zombie forums have 5-10 times the numbers we have and a lot of people I have spoken with over the years on other forums don't like the "no leaks" policy in place here which is why they don't post or register. The community lives for this type of thing and they don't even care if the leaks are legit or not. It's all part of the fun so why should we not allow discussions on these things? It's a video game we are talking about after all.

Either way I am all for allowing the discussion. I am not necessarily saying we should be supporting photoshopped images or people spinning tales of how they know this and that through a friend or relative who works at ATVI/3arc but if people can get away with doing it on the official Activision forum then why are we holding back on it?

If it means putting spoiler in the tabs then fair enough but times have changed since this forum was first created and the community want to be free to discuss these things. If they can't do it here then they will go elsewhere but they will still do it either way.

Also mega, to put it bluntly, if you feel that discussing a zombies related cutscene is bullshit, then maybe you shouldn't be a member on a zombies site. Frankly it seems like you came out, as you always do, just to challenge authority and seemingly make yourself out to be a morale troubadour.

EDIT:
And I'm really not trying to be a dick, we've had good conversations.  We've worked through some debates.  Hell, we even had you on PDT.  But we can both acknowledge this is not the first time you've vehemently gone after staff, our decisions, and our authority in general.

In your last post, you told me that I shouldn't be a moderator on this forum because I don't agree with Activision's practices - hence I shouldn't be on a site that supports one of their games.

I'd argue that I'm the EXACT person who should be staff.  I'm not some yesman yuppy who buys because of brand allegiance, never questioning (note that I am not saying that is who you are).  I like zombies because of the story, the gameplay, the characters, the conspiracies, and the amount of devotion that is put into a simple tower defense game.  That doesn't mean I have to like Activision, or any corporate suit for that matter.

I'm the voice of a real gamer.

It was a public conference, it wasn't a press event.  Activision and 3arc could have easily had a "no phones" rule. 

You say that leaks haven't changed, but the staff's convictions have.  "Leaking" has become a new marketing tactic, and you are blind to not acknowledge that.  

Thank you for saying that I don't give a shit about money hungry corporations, because I don't.  I care about the user, the gamer, the zombies fanatic.  I speak for myself, and not for the whole staff.

Edited by GRILL

Oh really?

That must be why I ressurected this topic then.

That must be why I am the only one here who has expressed distaste for this blatant disregard of site policy.

Oh wait. I'm not.

Are we all just challenging authority? Or perhaps, is there an actual point to be made.

You cannot belittle my stance by claiming "he's just causing trouble like always". That is a distractionary tactic to draw attention away from the fact that the site policy is being disregarded because you guys want to talk about a cool leak.

And I feel like discussing a zombies cutscene is great.

Discussing an INCOMPLETE and LEAKED zombies cutscene is bullshit. That is why I joined this site. It had integrity. It had polite members, it had a strict anti leak policy, it had a strict anti-adverstisement policy. It was special, and it was respected.

If you want to call out my opinion, that is fine, but then call out my opinion. Who I am, what I have done, and what I will continue to do does not matter in any way, shape, or form towards the soundness of my argument. 

If you feel compelled to tell me that I must just be doing this to challenge you, then you really do have a problem.

Some commonheld misconceptions in the world today are about the value of opinions. Yes everyone has them. Not all opinions are equal however. The person with better reasons, the person with sound logic, their opinion is worth far more than someone either unwilling or unable to discuss and defend their opinion. Doubly so if their opposition's defense of the opinion includes irrelevent claptrap with the intent of discrediting or disgracing the opposite participant.

If I purely just wanted to challenge staff, I'd be up much more frequently. 

No. I am speaking out against something I consider to be wrong. As far as I am aware, that is still my right and duty to the world, and more so to this website that I hold so dear.

If I am wrong, then set me right. Don't come here and say "you don't belong on a zombies forum.

I said it "seems", not that you "are" intentionally just causing trouble.

im on my phone right now, so pardon any incorrect grammar or whatever.

You first said to me that I shouldn't be on this site, I was using your same words. It's hypocritical for you to make it seem like that was the basis of my argument, when in fact I was just using your words against you.

im not going to spend time on a diatribe, I'm at work - on a 10 minute break. All I have to say that I am for the people. I am for discussion. I am against leaks that are NDA or embargo based, as they are illegal and could hurt the site.

This was a gray area, so we allowed it.

and now its been officially released. We obviously have a larger conversation about leaks vs. marketing tactics, but atleast we can all enjoy the video knowing its official.

Edited by GRILL

Admin

Just my personal two cents on this:

Was it released to the public? Yes.

Was it made to give a little extra-extra for the fans? Yes.

Was it known that it would somehow surface online, by both fans and Treyarch/Activision? Yes.

Even if the "public" was only about 100 attendees or so, it was basically made for public viewing. Because those same people are 90% YouTubers (we can estimate). These people would have posted videos that same day with what we saw as a marketing stunt. Activision knows what they're doing - they know this kind of content will be shown all around. A leak is disclosed information that is is not meant to be revealed to outside sources. And guess what" This wasn't very "disclosed" or "meant to be revealed".

The cutscenes and images were revealed to the public whether you want to call it that or not. Even if you were just a regular Comic-Con guest, you could have still attended. The only exclusion was that it was primarily allowed for that contention's guests with KNOWN intent of sharing it worldwide. It's still public, even in a confined area.

Again, my personal opinion on the matter. 

Edited by InfestLithium

Legitimate question, what the hell is this topic about?

Last "official" post was in 2012 and the sudden revival has been nothing but arguments.

lol

Last "official" post was in 2012 and the sudden revival has been nothing but arguments.

lol

Ok, here is the legitiate reason for this post which some may have lost in translation.

Basically, since the days of WaW into BO1 when leaked info was few and far between and the community was smaller this site had a strict no leaks policy. This may or may not have been in place since day One or since Dan went to work for Treyarch but the leaked info that did come out back then was little to none and it was not widely reported on Youtube.

Fast forward to BO2 and suddenly the community was awash with leaked info, images or footage and this type of stuff was obviously not something the site wanted to be asscociated with so the policy was still in place and rightly so. Youtube coverage on such stuff was mainly by smaller, more unknown channels but suddenly there was a boom in the scene and the community gave these unknown channels high views and large sub counts, even when a lot of this info proved to be complete fabrication.

Now with BO3 we see actual affiliates of ATVI like CharlieINTEL, and others like Liam, Milo and others actually making videos on early, or "leaked" information, images and even footage without reprimand and it has become obvious to the staff that ATVI are actually orchestrating a lot of this stuff intentionally to get the hype up. They are actually, for the most part encouraging this. This site is not the site it was back then because the community is not the same community anymore either. Think about it... these leaks happen to drop a few days before offically getting unveiled. It's no coincidence.

So, in conclusion, the aim of our relaxed approached on leaks is this. If CharlieINTEL, Liam, Milo etc are talking about it then so are we. If a random, usually first post user makes a post showing released videos or images pertaining to be actual genuine leaks then we will not allow it as we still agree with the whole NDA thing. We are only allowing discussion on things that other affiliates or bigger channels are allowing because we are foolish not to.

lol

Ok, here is the legitiate reason for this post which some may have lost in translation.

Basically, since the days of WaW into BO1 when leaked info was few and far between and the community was smaller this site had a strict no leaks policy. This may or may not have been in place since day One or since Dan went to work for Treyarch but the leaked info that did come out back then was little to none and it was not widely reported on Youtube.

Fast forward to BO2 and suddenly the community was awash with leaked info, images or footage and this type of stuff was obviously not something the site wanted to be asscociated with so the policy was still in place and rightly so. Youtube coverage on such stuff was mainly by smaller, more unknown channels but suddenly there was a boom in the scene and the community gave these unknown channels high views and large sub counts, even when a lot of this info proved to be complete fabrication.

Now with BO3 we see actual affiliates of ATVI like CharlieINTEL, and others like Liam, Milo and others actually making videos on early, or "leaked" information, images and even footage without reprimand and it has become obvious to the staff that ATVI are actually orchestrating a lot of this stuff intentionally to get the hype up. They are actually, for the most part encouraging this. This site is not the site it was back then because the community is not the same community anymore either. Think about it... these leaks happen to drop a few days before offically getting unveiled. It's no coincidence.

So, in conclusion, the aim of our relaxed approached on leaks is this. If CharlieINTEL, Liam, Milo etc are talking about it then so are we. If a random, usually first post user makes a post showing released videos or images pertaining to be actual genuine leaks then we will not allow it as we still agree with the whole NDA thing. We are only allowing discussion on things that other affiliates or bigger channels are allowing because we are foolish not to.

Hmm...

Well, if it was shown to an audience, then it's technically public.

I see nothing wrong with "leaking" something that has already been shown to people, who probably posted about it on Facebook/Twitter.

It'd be different if it was those DLC leaks. Y'know the ones with an obviously photoshopped zombie in the some poorly photoshopped place.