User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

More Staff Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Sign in to follow this  
FatedTitan

Calling all of you out

Lolz, all guns aimed at Tankeo.

Are all 2000+ of your posts spam or are you just topicly incoherant? I think you should get a nice sexy banhammer but hey, thats just me... Or is it?

Well that escalated quickly.

Indeed.

Lolz, all guns aimed at Tankeo.

Are all 2000+ of your posts spam or are you just topicly incoherant? I think you should get a nice sexy banhammer but hey, thats just me... Or is it?

Around 1980 of them are on-topic. My ratio's been declining quickly. Someone had a bad day, evidently.

Its never a bad day bro, trust me. Im just thinking the mods dont appriciate your rambling on in topics constantly.

Back on topic. Leaks are simply lame and not welcome on these forums. We are trying to therorize and suprise not blatantly "ruin" the games excitement and mystery.

Donor

Haha! Why is everyone going after Tankeo? That's my job :evil:

I've been keeping an eye on this thread, but now I'm stepping in. There are a couple of things that are irking me.

I understand you all for being irritated by leaks. I am too. However, you cannot attack someone for disagreeing. If Tankeo feels like looking up some leaked info then he has every right to go and do it, and he has every right to be happy in doing it. I personally have not seen a single piece of leaked info posted on the site by Tankeo, and so he isn't actually breaking any rules...

Im just thinking the mods dont appriciate your rambling on in topics constantly.

I'm sorry sir, but who're you to say what the Mods think about the situation? Tankeo has been one of the most active members of the site since the day he joined, and he has acted the same way since then. If there really was a problem, the Mods would have confronted him months ago. As someone who has been on the site a hell of a lot (more than Tankeo even :twisted: ) I can genuinely say that the way Tankeo uses the forum isn't actually that bad when you consider a bunch of other people who have been on in the past. I for one enjoy Tankeo's presence, and I don't think the site would be the same without him.

Plus, I don't think YOU have any right to be slamming people with the Code Of Conduct, when you yourself are breaching it by advertising websites in your signature that have no relation to the site whatsoever.

Huh, who'd have thought it? Dark Jolteon defending Tankeo? It must be a miracle :lol:

-Jolteon

An Xmas Miracle!

Also, everyone seems to be saying that leaked info means we will know everything. Which we don't, and won't from leaked info. No one's seeing the whole story copied and pasted onto the Internet, we got an achievement list. Which offered nothing in the way of story spoilers or even actual information, really. We got map names, new enemy names, and vague hints towards possible map mechanics. Things that can be at the very best , mildly speculated upon.

I'm sure of someone did crack into Treyarch's super vault where they keep their supercomputer that hidden under terabytes of spam lies the document containing the story, no one would even look at the thread if they're so passion ate about not knowing.

It is a rule.

There should be no discussion about it.

And yes,it is fine if you look things up.

But the last couple of days you've almost just been trolling,baiting and you were beeing sarcastic. (which works perfectly fine on the internet :P )

And you were questioning rules from the forum.

There is a reason why you are beeing "supervised". (aren't we all? :lol: )

There may be reasons for that behavior.

But if you feel shitty there is no reason to troll and annoy other people on a forum.

But maybe you just wanted to annoy people because you felt like it...well then you did a great job...unquestionably.

Donor

Tankeo is no longer a part of this site, his type of behavior which we've been dealing with for months and warned him for countless times, is not welcome on CoDz.

Donor

Tankeo is no longer a part of this site, his type of behavior which we've been dealing with for months and warned him for countless times, is not welcome on CoDz.

Fair enough. I probably missed a lot, I haven't been on as much as I used to so I probably missed something. If he really was as you have stated then I retract all previous comments defending his behaviour, and personally apologise to anyone I offended in the process.

-Jolteon

Donor

Come on!

Watching Tankeo instigate has been one of my favorite things to do during the slow times.

I am deeply saddened by the turn of events.

How about a list of people who have been banned? Maybe just a relevant list of people we know.

I have permissioon from Carbon to have my site linked in my signature. Also, i wasnt speaking for the mods i was simply implying his behavior is not needed and should indeed be monitored.

Edit: To make you uber happy, i took the link out. your welcome and sorry if a highlighted underlined text in my signature was annoying you... /sarcasm. but really, its your choice to click the link or not, it has nothing to do with force its on your free will... but thanks for the hits ;]

My future boys.

maybe.not.

Hello everyone.

So I thought I could revive @FatedTitan 's thread, because I am quite confused.

So @Flammenwerfer decided to post a video sequence of the Giant on the forum which was only meant to be shown to the people at CC.

Proof for that is the fact that Activision has taken down the video which Liam linked on the thread with the pics from said sequence.

How is that not considered a leak?

Don't get me wrong: I get that we have to do this in order to not lose members to other sites, but come on, don't post a public announcement about how leaks are not allowed when you clearly post them and I am also not just giving a jab at Flammenwerfer here. Lots of folks including other staff seem to not care about the (no) leak policy of this site. 

Could any of the staff just please confirm that it is okay to post about leaks now and delete the PSA, because quite frankly it is becoming a joke.

Also: Please put a spoiler warning in the thread.

Donor

A few things:

1.I personally don't consider it a leak. It was shown to the public, and wasn't meant to be a secret, just a "Comic Con" exclusive. A leak would be something that someone found internally through dubious means and was not meant to be seen by the public eye. Comic Con is not a super secret thing that excludes the public. Anyone can go to Comic Con. Therefore, if anything, it's the Comic Con committee that disallows these videos, but not Treyarch. At least, that's how I view it. 

2.The staff and I have been discussing the policy for a few weeks now, actually. Times have changed since it was put in place and ever since the whole MOTD EE incident, we've wanted to keep those kinds of leaks off the site. Leaks that have been reported by reputable sources, however, are a different story. But things aren't official yet, so you'll have to wait on a word about our decisions. 

And please Lenne, don't try to tell me that this isn't a jab at us. We've determined that this isn't a leak. If you're still confused, feel free to send us a message. 

A few things:

1.I personally don't consider it a leak. It was shown to the public, and wasn't meant to be a secret, just a "Comic Con" exclusive. A leak would be something that someone found internally through dubious means and was not meant to be seen by the public eye. Comic Con is not a super secret thing that excludes the public. Anyone can go to Comic Con. Therefore, if anything, it's the Comic Con committee that disallows these videos, but not Treyarch. At least, that's how I view it. 

2.The staff and I have been discussing the policy for a few weeks now, actually. Times have changed since it was put in place and ever since the whole MOTD EE incident, we've wanted to keep those kinds of leaks off the site. Leaks that have been reported by reputable sources, however, are a different story. But things aren't official yet, so you'll have to wait on a word about our decisions. 

And please Lenne, don't try to tell me that this isn't a jab at us. We've determined that this isn't a leak. If you're still confused, feel free to send us a message. 

I never said this wasn't a jab at you guys. I said it was a jab at you guys. This is what I wrote:  "I am also not just giving a jab at Flammenwerfer here. Lots of folks including other staff seem to not care about the (no) leak policy of this site."

Or is that just a bad choice of words on my part?

This is a jab at you guys. Not the "I'm gonna knock you the f*#k out kind of jab" I still appreciate all of you don't get me wrong.

You personally don't consider it a leak. But since Activision is taking those videos down I think it is pretty safe to say that it is a leak and that that video is not meant to be shown to the public.

The main thing that grinds my gears is just the fact that the whole policy is just confusing and I am not the only one who thinks like this. 

This is a leak.

Treyarch has not posted the video officially.

Activision is removing the videos whenever they can.

To claim otherwise is complete bullshit.

"This is a different time than when the policy was put in place"

So what?

The reason for the policy remains the same, and unless Treyarch themselves gives us some form of acknowledgement that says "we don't care if you take advantage of information we didn't want you to have yet", then it doesn't matter if other 'reputable' sources also cover leaks.

Unless we've since decided we don't care if Treyarch is watching us.

To allow any unofficially distributed content from the upcoming Treyarch games or game addons is allowing a leak. 

To allow leaks on CoDz now, would be, basically, bullshit.

Donor

You're right, I'm sorry. I took things a little personally there. All I can tell you is that the staff are currently discussing the policy, but right now, we do not consider the Comic Con video to be a leak. 

Bien, so even if you don't consider it a leak, which is funny considering even Charlieintel didn't post the video, at least put a spoiler warning up for the people who want to wait until Treyarch & Activision officially release the Giant cutscene instead of putting TWO RICHTOFENS!? in the title of your thread as if it's a clickbait Kotaku article.

I remember when the leaks policy was brought up when the poster was leaked and you guys specifically said: no leaks containing story spoilers allowed on CoDz. So much for that.

At this point you might as well allow all leaks to be discussed, since let's face it. It boils down to: if the leak looks believable, then it's okay.

Donor

Carbon doesn't work for 3arc.

activision and 3arc don't care about our forum anymore.

its been 3 long years.

last time a 3arc title was released, achievments were leaked months before the usual time AND gameplay was leaked early due to copies of BO2 sold before release date.

no pre rendered cut scenes that were shown to a crowd.

a leak is something that was never meant to leave the company. It had an embargo or NDA. It's sensitive information.

@Lenne i appreciate you bringing it up, we need to clarify what a leak is (again). This video was purposefully shown to the public (albeit a small percent), and 3arc intends to release it shortly to the public.

I just find it funny that in this time of actual storyline content being shown, actual excitment - some folks want to stifle it. "No lets just be in the dark a little longer"

embargo breaking leaks? NDA breaking leaks? Never allowed on codz.

this? This is not either of those things. This is the storyline that many of us care about, and to allow it on codz is the opposite of "bullshit". Defending multi billion dollar industries is bullshit, pre order content is bullshit, dlc separation is bullshit, console exclusivity is bullshit - need I go further?

mega, I know you were staff in different times - but this is our decision. It's for the goodness of the community - and believe it or not, it actually gives people the opportunity to talk on codz, rather then silencing them and forcing them to discuss on a different forum.

It's for the goodness of the community - and believe it or not, it actually gives people the opportunity to talk on codz, rather then silencing them and forcing them to discuss on a different forum.

Which is good.

But don't make it unnecessary confusing by posting a PSA and then going on with posting leaks.

I would just put it in the title of the thread if the stuff contains story spoilers or is an actual leak. That way everyone can decide for themselves if they want to see stuff that is not official (yet).

I mean yeah the obvious teasing by Treyarch on twitter is proof that it will be published at some point, but still. As off now Activision is deleting those videos which really says it all.

Donor

frankly the more activision deletes the videos, the more I'm inclined to discuss them.

we will remove the PSA.

p.s. F*** activision.

Grill. To put this bluntly, if you feel that everything that Activision does and stands for is 'bullshit', then don't buy their games. Don't moderate a forum that specifically discusses a game within that game.

By hyping up and diving so deep and becoming as obsessed with CoD Zombies as we do, we are enabling snd encouraging them to charge us $110 each time they release a game just so we can have 4-10 maps to play with.

I don't care how you put it, until Treyarch releases it, until the only copy of the cutscene isn't terribly quality, incomplete, and hunted down by Activision, until it can be easily found through official channels; It. Is. A. Leak.

There is no denying that.

Times haven't changed, the convictions of those who run it have.

For better or for worse the strict policy against leaks was smething that made CoDz unique. 

I'd argue it makes us more reputable. 

People can hold off on discussing and theorizing until the FULL and OFFICIAL cutscene is released to the general public via Activision.

Donor

Thanks for your opinion mega, but your opinion is just that. As is mine.