The bus driver is not a robot.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stood idly by watching this thread and I will admit, I did think the driver was a robot at first. Not like a robot was literally driving the bus, but the bus was on an automated route and the Robot was there just for "show". Anyways after more frequent viewings of the trailer, I feel like the driver may actually be a zombie or at least a human. I can actually see a somewhat blue hue in it's eyes when you see the far shot of the bus pan to the side. Also as the shot pans from the front of the bus to the actual steps, after the door opens, you can see the person move their head slightly.

I'm thinking that the driver may actually be Richtofen. That new picture of Richtofen looks like his skin got burned pretty badly here.

I'm thinking that somehow Richtofen got back into his own body and Sam back into hers, who is now the chick with the shotgun, and he's driving the bus to toy with the crew.

I think that it will be a robot. Think about it, Fake skin can be made...maybe its a robot that, at first, was made to like a human. then over time the skin was tore off or covered from all of the blood to make it look scarier.

I see where you are getting the yellow eyes thing though, it's kind of like a yellow blur.

Many things can happen, but for one thing, what the hell does it matter whether or not the bus driver is a robot? Even if it is a robot it would most likely STILL take part of the story line. So, why worry about it? ;)

It could be a robot which was burned from the blast.

Agreed. Everything else is burnt, why wouldn't the robot be? I believe that several people have mentioned to Total Recall reference in this, and so far this game seems to really play off a lot of old movies from the 80s. (Which I must admit I am loving.)

i dont think fake skin burns like that to where there are what look like bloodly gashes and holes in the skin. most robots that are made to look human generally dont have super realistic skin, is just latex or others materials made to look like skin but without any substance underneath aside from the robotic tech. However terminators simulate our actual skin, but the skin is so thin that really most damage done to the terminator will show its robotic structure. so unless this is some super realistic animatronic robotic driver tech during what looks like the 60's to 80's theres still a chance that this driver might be more of the undead variety.

I'm still unsure about this robot theory since we only get like a couple seconds to even look at the driver, but everyone needs to go back to science class and remember how metal react to oxygen and getting burnt from a nuclear blast. If it was a robot which i'm still not sure until we get that reveal, the fake skin would burn, melt, or disintegrate. Also the metallic robotic parts would be rusted from radiation and burn, and the rust would have advanced so much from intense exposure that the metal rust would basically look like flesh almost burnt from a certain view. As for the eyes i don't see them "glowing" yellow so its probably the blur from the yellow outline on what looks like a hat or just a yellow looking blur, you don't see the glow effect like on the other zombies so it's probably not a zombie. I'm just speculating from what i see so far but we should all seriously probably just sit back and wait until the reveal it's only 2 or 1 day away depending on your time zone, THEN everyone can be "Mr.IwasRight" on each other....

I stood idly by watching this thread and I will admit, I did think the driver was a robot at first. Not like a robot was literally driving the bus, but the bus was on an automated route and the Robot was there just for "show". Anyways after more frequent viewings of the trailer, I feel like the driver may actually be a zombie or at least a human. I can actually see a somewhat blue hue in it's eyes when you see the far shot of the bus pan to the side. Also as the shot pans from the front of the bus to the actual steps, after the door opens, you can see the person move their head slightly.

I'm thinking that the driver may actually be Richtofen. That new picture of Richtofen looks like his skin got burned pretty badly here.

I'm thinking that somehow Richtofen got back into his own body and Sam back into hers, who is now the chick with the shotgun, and he's driving the bus to toy with the crew.

That picture is from the original Black Ops 'Rezurrection' DLC pack and has no relevance to Black Ops 2 zombies at all. Nice try though.

["e="CrimsonZombie"]Ha!!!! It is a zombie guys. Proof? Here it is

DRk3jy5pBZ8

A driver with glowing eyes, gross skin and now being attacked? He is a zombie. Sorry, but I never believe the robot idea, though still creepy. I some how knew it was a zombie.

I'm still not convinced, he just said "it's a zombie". Well, I say it's a robot. It's eyes are little bit different to the zombie eyes. It can be disguised as a zombie for a purpose, but there's no point in arguing over it right now, all will be revealed today.

It can be disguised as a zombie for a purpose.
when would disguising a robot as a zombie be needed? I'm not trying to start anything, i just really want to know, in your mind, what situation requires that a robot should be disguised as a zombie?

To keep something away from it.

well the zombies seem generally disinterested in nonliving things, so i would assume that a robot would be safe without a disguise. unless its like a special zombie.

edit: except for the monkey, but i feel like that has something to do with the monkey being alive or possessed in someway.