The bus driver is not a robot.

It is ludicrous to overlook the obvious and make some elaborate excuse to use something else. Robot is the most likely option with the current data, but our current data is not much. That's all there is to it.

we're not overlooking anything(I assume you mean the robo-voice)

we're focusing on a different part and weaving the the robovoice in later. for instance if its a zombie beig.controlled by sam.what if she is also making it talk? the messed up vocal cords and so on could mess up his voice and make it sound robotic. or as stated before it could just be a recording.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sam could still control even a few zombies, that would give her an unfair advantage over the other players.

Hear me out, ok? We have multiple pieces of previous evidence telling us that this map takes place in the Hanford site. Hanford site had a HUGE system of buses. Now logically, if you've got a bunch of scientists living there, wouldn't they start thinking about how they could make bus travel more convenient? So it's not out of the question that some would get together and try to build a robotic driver. Most likely, they had one testing unit when the rockets hit the earth. It never got to be mass-produced, but there's still one there for use on the map.

It just makes the most logical sense. A zombie or a human just doesn't fit.

Guys: The voice is obviously a recording. Have you never been to a subway where it announces the station? Similar to this here.

Now, the driver is clearly a zombie. One that doesn't attack you because he's strapped down. The real question is if the bus is being driven by it or some other means.

EDIT: Oh, what I just read with the yellow eyes, what if it's a zombie controlled by Sam? Maybe she can control individual zombies?

Why does it drive for you?

If it doesn't, why is it in the bus?

Sam can't control zombies since she is not in the MPD. Otherwise she would probably do it already, on Moon...

Sam can't control zombies since she is not in the MPD. Otherwise she would probably do it already, on Moon...

I did just say INDIVIDUAL zombies. Only one at a time, hm? That's only if Sam still holds some of her power, which is a possibility. Obviously she wouldn't control the whole hoard

Otherwise, it's in some kind of autopilot with the zombie just kinda stuck there. I mean really, nothing else makes sense. The robot thing is kinda... eh.

But either way, WHY ARE WE SPECULATING ON A 40 SECOND TRAILER? Seriously guys, out of that 40 seconds, only about 15 seconds was actually relavent. The only thing we can really figure out for sure is that Richtofen is controlling the zombies. Just wait 3 more days.

I did just say INDIVIDUAL zombies. Only one at a time, hm? That's only if Sam still holds some of her power, which is a possibility. Obviously she wouldn't control the whole hoard

Otherwise, it's in some kind of autopilot with the zombie just kinda stuck there. I mean really, nothing else makes sense. The robot thing is kinda... eh.

But either way, WHY ARE WE SPECULATING ON A 40 SECOND TRAILER? Seriously guys, out of that 40 seconds, only about 15 seconds was actually relavent. The only thing we can really figure out for sure is that Richtofen is controlling the zombies. Just wait 3 more days.

Oh sorry, forgot to say it right: She can't control zombies AT ALL. Why? MPD is the gateway to the Aether, granting the power to the person inside it.

I know you're just suggesting, but please support your statement by something. For me idea of Sam controlling at least one zombie is a nonsense, unless you give me a proof that it can happen.

Well, we are speculating on this trailer to... Well, to do something before proper trailer will come out. Simple.

Oh sorry, forgot to say it right: She can't control zombies AT ALL. Why? MPD is the gateway to the Aether, granting the power to the person inside it.

I know you're just suggesting, but please support your statement by something. For me idea of Sam controlling at least one zombie is a nonsense, unless you give me a proof that it can happen.

Well, we are speculating on this trailer to... Well, to do something before proper trailer will come out. Simple.

How do you know she can't control the zombies? We played her in one map, we don't know if she kept some of her powers. Who said that the MDT doesn't leave traces on her spirit? I mean, look at Richtofen. He went insane for touching the MDT ONCE. What could happen after staying in there for awhile?

And we have no proof because IT'S A 40 SECOND TRAILER! See here? We can't find proof because there's so little to go off of, but IMO based off of the flesh wounds and glowing yellow eyes, it is obviously a zombie. Like I said, wait 3 days, and maybe some of our questions will be answered, because nothing will be resolved here.

We do know. Plain and simple. Treyarch is not known for its continuity errors. It doesn't matter what you say. Samantha cannot control Zombies anymore.

Um, no we don't. Where did it specifically say she could only put zombies under her control with the MDT? Nowhere. Nowhere at all. That is a theory.

And btw, Treyarch does have several continuity errors. Point in case, KDT loading screen where he wonders where Sam has gone, when he clearly knows Sam is at the Moon based on the radios at moon.

How do you know she can't control the zombies? We played her in one map, we don't know if she kept some of her powers. Who said that the MDT doesn't leave traces on her spirit? I mean, look at Richtofen. He went insane for touching the MDT ONCE. What could happen after staying in there for awhile?

And we have no proof because IT'S A 40 SECOND TRAILER! See here? We can't find proof because there's so little to go off of, but IMO based off of the flesh wounds and glowing yellow eyes, it is obviously a zombie. Like I said, wait 3 days, and maybe some of our questions will be answered, because nothing will be resolved here.

Yes, but something wanted him to touch the MPD and something had possessed him. As someone said - whatever you say, you won't change the fact it's not true. Sam is not in power, she's now just a human being, end of story.

[

Yes, but something wanted him to touch the MPD and something had possessed him. As someone said - whatever you say, you won't change the fact it's not true. Sam is not in power, she's now just a human being, end of story.

WRONG!

Nothing wanted him to touch the MPD. Well, maybe sometrhing did, but there was no possession involved, unless the voices are another being (likely). And again, we don't know for a fact that someone whose soul was stuck in Aether cannot control one zombie. I mean, think about it, Sam's body wasn't stuck in Aether, her soul was. There's got to be some sort of power from that. Well maybe there isn't.... but the point is, the robot idea is pretty stupid imo.

We do know. Plain and simple. Treyarch is not known for its continuity errors. It doesn't matter what you say. Samantha cannot control Zombies anymore.

Um, no we don't. Where did it specifically say she could only put zombies under her control with the MDT? Nowhere. Nowhere at all. That is a theory.

And btw, Treyarch does have several continuity errors. Point in case, KDT loading screen where he wonders where Sam has gone, when he clearly knows Sam is at the Moon based on the radios at moon.

It is not a theory. It is implied heavily. If you don't understand that, you obviously haven't been playing the same game. Samantha controlled the Zombies in the MPD. Richtofen switched places with him. Now he controls them. There's no exceptions. No buts. That's how it happened.

Btw, several does not equal one. Why would you say several and only provide one example? So fallacious.

Anyhow, I'm not arguing this further. It is a waste of my time. I'd be better off arguing something that is actually controversial, not something so obvious. If you still disagree, I'll let you wallow in your ignorance.

[

WRONG!

Nothing wanted him to touch the MPD. Well, maybe sometrhing did, but there was no possession involved, unless the voices are another being (likely). And again, we don't know for a fact that someone whose soul was stuck in Aether cannot control one zombie. I mean, think about it, Sam's body wasn't stuck in Aether, her soul was. There's got to be some sort of power from that. Well maybe there isn't.... but the point is, the robot idea is pretty stupid imo.

Something did. Nothing but curiosity made him touch the MPD though. Then he got... Well, not possessed, but clearly you can see he is much different than before. Voices are something which wanted him or somebody with such mentality and knowledge as him to enter the device. He could not enter it, cause it was not powered, obviously.

About the Aether - why didn't Gersch, or Maxis (most likely to be trapped in Aether like Gersch was) control any zombies at all?

Robot idea is the most logical and appropriate, since we've heard the robotic voice and never seen the driver move... Seriously, the zombies are chasing the bus, riding on a destroyed road, and the driver does not move a little bit? Adding the robot voice to that, that is obvious there's a robot controlling the car.

A human being that's a little girl trapped inside a man's body with an unnaturally amplified/demonic voice that was trapped inside the MDT for several decades with constant exposure to 115...

Look at what a mix of 115 and Vril energy did to George. And what about the somewhat unpredictable nature of the effects of 115 in general? Who knows, maybe even the QED gave her some abilities.

He does make a point about us speculating on a 40 second preview, let us wait 3 days to see if they do in fact answer this in the big trailer (which I bet they will).

It is not a theory. It is implied heavily. If you don't understand that, you obviously haven't been playing the same game. Samantha controlled the Zombies in the MPD. Richtofen switched places with him. Now he controls them. There's no exceptions. No buts. That's how it happened.

But the thing is, only two people have ever even used the MPD. How do we not know that some power is kept through their soul? The body is only conduit to the world, the soul is what is connected through aether. She could've kept one of her powers, at a very weakened state. How do we know for sure though? We don't, because we've only played one map with Samantha. You cannot know anything. Only suspect.

Btw, several does not equal one. Why would you say several and only provide one example? So fallacious.

My point was they make mistakes, only one example should be required, and that was the most obvious.

Anyhow, I'm not arguing this further. It is a waste of my time. I'd be better off arguing something that is actually controversial, not something so obvious. If you still disagree, I'll let you wallow in your ignorance.Warning: asshole alert... It's an idea. We can't actually say anything until wednesday. Both of the ideas presented don't work well, and you're ideas are not law, so... in your face. No need to offend anyone because you don't agree with them.

@Verruckt, oh yes I agree, but you suggested before he touched the MPD though. We know Maxis was not sent into Aether btw, he was killed (or at least, highly suspected) As for Gersch... that is a very good question my friend. I woudn't say the robot idea is logical if the driver has flesh on him, would you? Also, how can you judge a driver's movements if it was literally like 2 seconds?

Also, lets um, try to not kill each other.

@Verruckt, oh yes I agree, but you suggested before he touched the MPD though. We know Maxis was not sent into Aether btw, he was killed (or at least, highly suspected) As for Gersch... that is a very good question my friend. I woudn't say the robot idea is logical if the driver has flesh on him, would you? Also, how can you judge a driver's movements if it was literally like 2 seconds?

Also, lets um, try to not kill each other.

Yes, my bad, phrased it wrong.

I can't believe Sam let his soul to be sucked into the MPD. I mean, you could hear it being sucked in, but maybe she did not... Well, I don't know the process, but... She might not absorb him, so he actually might be trapped in Aether, that's how we could hear him in the EE.

It's all depending on what you believe in. I believe it is a robot, covered in blood, flesh, whatever. At last, we have a zombie apocalypse, right?

About the movement - the doors opened, the driver did not move... In a zombie apocalypse, would you look at who is entering the bus, when opening the doors? I would... I don't want to get killed. We have seen the driver throughout the trailer, it was a little more than 2 seconds, I can assure you. He never moved, never. I am sure if he did, we would notice it.

We are not, don't worry. ^w^

Yes, my bad, phrased it wrong.

I can't believe Sam let his soul to be sucked into the MPD. I mean, you could hear it being sucked in, but maybe she did not... Well, I don't know the process, but... She might not absorb him, so he actually might be trapped in Aether, that's how we could hear him in the EE.

It's all depending on what you believe in. I believe it is a robot, covered in blood, flesh, whatever. At last, we have a zombie apocalypse, right?

About the movement - the doors opened, the driver did not move... In a zombie apocalypse, would you look at who is entering the bus, when opening the doors? I would... I don't want to get killed. We have seen the driver throughout the trailer, it was a little more than 2 seconds, I can assure you. He never moved, never. I am sure if he did, we would notice it.

We are not, don't worry. ^w^

Yeah, Well I realy don't know about the whole Maxis thing. We don't reall have definite details to say anothing on that matter.

And yes, it's pretty much just a matter of opinion at this point. To be honest I barely even saw the driver, but I really just think the whole robot thing is silly. It it is a zombie under Sam's control to drive, I doubt it would move much either, so that really rules out a good comparison.

So yeah... I'm pretty much going to wait 3 days, likely won't respond unless you bring up another good point or Murder comes back and responds to what I said to him.

It could be a robot which was burned from the blast.

Agreed. Everything else is burnt, why wouldn't the robot be? I believe that several people have mentioned to Total Recall reference in this, and so far this game seems to really play off a lot of old movies from the 80s. (Which I must admit I am loving.)

Everytime i look at this image i see a zombie driver of somesort. Trust me, i been trying to look at the pic in mind that its a seat but i just cant see it. I see the head and on the far left i see some teeth. It almost looks like the headshape of a nova crawler. But i also agree to disagree, while i see the zombie driver idk how this would work in-game. It makes sence but yet no sence at all, thats treyarch.

Almost to my 115 post, yes!!!!!!! :D:P

Is it a zombie or a robot? Maybe the zombie bus driver can't talk, but he may uses the radio to sub it in. I mean how many things do you hear creepy voice or thumping noises in zombies? So maybe it is possible for it to talk as a robot but really his a zombie. Or a burned bus driver who uses the radios to talk.