My Thoughts on these "Fast Zombies": They aren't "quicker"

I don't believe anyone has taken into account that we've only seen two scenes of them running that fast, heck they're the only scenes we've...seen. Anyway, I believe they're only going that fast because they're chasing the bus...We haven't seen any actual on foot gameplay.

Just take that into account. The zombies will most likely not be that fast all the time. It's just because they're trying to catch the bus.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind faster zombies or even them grabbing us as long as they also make us more versatile.

More perks?

2 special guns? (Not like in COTD one was support while the other was a heavy hitter both should be heavy hitters)

Make us faster.

Maybe interactive with the environment like the zombies did with the bus? (climbing or dodging)

The mind sees what it wants to see. The brain is gullible. Some people see the Zombies and go "Hey, they look pretty fast," and everyone who listens to them goes "Hey, I think you're right."

You are right. We've only seen 30 seconds of footage. I think it is FAR too early to accuse the Zombies of being faster. People are so presumptuous.

Has anyone thought that maybe the bus is just driving relatively slow compared to the Zombies? Look how old it is. It can't be driving very fast.

The mind sees what it wants to see. The brain is gullible. Some people see the Zombies and go "Hey, they look pretty fast," and everyone who listens to them goes "Hey, I think you're right."

You are right. We've only seen 30 seconds of footage. I think it is FAR too early to accuse the Zombies of being faster. People are so presumptuous.

Has anyone thought that maybe the bus is just driving relatively slow compared to the Zombies? Look how old it is. It can't be driving very fast.

That's what I thought actually. In the trailer at first it's like Creeping along at like 1mph. The zombies ARE faster than the bus but why should that be a surprise? Not saying much seeing how slow it is. Reminds me of a joke.

Scientists discovered a type of antelope that can jump higher than the average house. This is likely due to the antelopes powerful hind legs and the fact that houses can't jump.

Scientists discovered a type of zombie that runs faster than the average bus! Of course thee is only one bus, and it's so slow it BARELY MOVES!

I see no difference here

I don't think presuming that the zombies are quicker is "gullible" it's just obvious.

Skip forward to 0:34

Now compare it to our standard Black Ops zombie...

I don't think presuming that the zombies are quicker is "gullible" it's just obvious.

What he's getting at is that everyone thinks the zombies are gonna be that fast all the time when in reality they're going that fast because they're chasing the bus. But since that's all we've seen so far, everyone attributes it to normal gameplay.

to be honest, at 0:32 (the few seconds we see them running), to me it seems that the recorded part of it has been speeded up, just look at everything around the zombies, take a good minute or two and you should be able to see that the footage is sped up, in other words; that isn't the actual speed of the zombies, it was just fast forwarded

Thoughts ?

When you are bouncing on the gravity pads on Moon, zombies start to sprint not unlike the way in which zombies sprinted in that video.

Don't believe me?

Skip to 7:50. They are sprinting because the player is out of reach and going far faster than them, so Treyarch has made it that there is compensation for this invulnerability and increased speed. The bus, after some though, is the same thing, I think.

@Electric Jesus: Lol, that's quite clever, coupling "the average bus" with the apparent apocalyptic nature of the trailer suggesting it is the ONLY bus left. Humorous.

@CrimsonZombie: Quite possible, quite possible.

@redflame115: I've seen the trailer. I even watch it again. You see what you want to see. The trailer is not lengthy enough to make a confirmation... or even an accusation.

@Flammenwerfer: While that is closer to what I'm saying, that's not actually what I'm saying. I agree in that this trailer isn't lengthy enough to give any concrete information on Zombie speed in general. But I take it a step further, I don't think this trailer is lengthy enough to give any concrete information on Zombie speed AT ALL.

@Zombiefan4Life: That is also possible.

@perflectlemonade: Eh. That's possible. I just really doubt Treyarch is going to change their formula for success, especially after they said they would never do so.

@Electric Jesus: Lol, that's quite clever, coupling "the average bus" with the apparent apocalyptic nature of the trailer suggesting it is the ONLY bus left. Humorous.

@CrimsonZombie: Quite possible, quite possible.

@redflame115: I've seen the trailer. I even watch it again. You see what you want to see. The trailer is not lengthy enough to make a confirmation... or even an accusation.

@Flammenwerfer: While that is closer to what I'm saying, that's not actually what I'm saying. I agree in that this trailer isn't lengthy enough to give any concrete information on Zombie speed in general. But I take it a step further, I don't think this trailer is lengthy enough to give any concrete information on Zombie speed AT ALL.

@Zombiefan4Life: That is also possible.

@perflectlemonade: Eh. That's possible. I just really doubt Treyarch is going to change their formula for success, especially after they said they would never do so.

Thank you for the consideration. Also I think you and Flame are right about not much to confirmed zombie's speed.