Study of continuative time lag

When we go to higher round at PS3, we often feel a continuative time lag. Especially, I have felt it at Call of the dead when I got to R72. This time lag makes us difficult to play the game.

I thought of the reason of such severe time lag. I could arrive my answer by thinking various situations. Time lag depends on the number of times of use of a mystery box. I could obtain the proof.

When I was playing Call of the dead, I obtained following situation at R72. For a game with 2 players, when the number of times of use of a mystery box arrives at about 450 at R72, a light time lag occurs. The time lag could be canceled, when one player has a claymore. When the number is more than about 500 at R72, a severe time lag occurs. At that time, the time lag could be canceled, when two players have a claymore each other. The time lag can be seen at Fig. 1.

Rbi5PqEc0dg

Figure 1. R74 and R75 at COTD.

I performed one more experiment to confirm above phenomenon. Before I play the game, I calculated the round that the time lag starts. The calculation was performed for Nacht der Untoten with 2 players. Because recently new strategy of Nacht der Untoten for co-op has been released by 5and5. The strategy is very simple and effective to go to high round. I performed the experiment using his strategy.

There are no traps and no PAP in Nacht der Untoten as you know. And zombies at higher round have to be annihilated using a thunder gun. So the thunder gun has to be reacquired frequently. The mystery box will be used many times. This situation makes me estimate easily the round that the time lag starts.

As the estimation, I assumed to do it as follows.

1. Thunder gun doesn’t reacquire until R35. Because a max ammo can be obtained easily.

2. After R36, all zombies are annihilated by only a thunder gun.

3. Appearance probability of a thunder gun is about 4%. I have also measured this value. The population is 2,000 when I have measured it.

4. The number of times of use of a mystery box which uses from R1 to R35 is 30.

5. Last spawned zombies at each round are annihilated by a thunder gun after R36.

As an estimation result, the number of reacquisition from R36 to R52 is 20. Using the appearance probability of a thunder gun, the number of times of use of a mystery box is 500 for the number of reacquisition of 20. Total number of times of use of a mystery box is 530.

This means that the time lag starts at R53. Actually, I confirmed that the time lag starts at R53. I finished the game when I got to R53 because of severe time lag. The play information shows at Fig. 2 and Fig. 3. Figure 2 and 3 show time vs each round and a movie at R53.

From this experiment, it was found that the time lag depends on the number of times of use of a mystery box. When the number is over 500, we will feel severe time lag. The time lag indicates that the memory on PS3 is few and it may lead to the gspawn error. Furthermore I will investigate the detailed information of occurrence of gspawn error in the future.

Figure 2. Time vs each round until R53.

f9u3O3MmSYk

Figure 3(a) R51 – R52 at Nacht der Untoten.

dsyjLlVtd0w

Figure 3(a) R52 – R53 at Nacht der Untoten.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Everybody has to read this thread.

What I would like to know is if this happens (in the same way) on xbox aswell. (since pretty much everybody knows that the ps3 version of BO has technical disadvantages)

off topic: I love the japanese language it is so much fun to listen to. :D

Everybody has to read this thread.

What I would like to know is if this happens (in the same way) on xbox aswell. (since pretty much everybody knows that the ps3 version of BO has technical disadvantages)

off topic: I love the japanese language it is so much fun to listen to. :D

Thank you for your comments. I'm honored for it.

Holy crap you are good at attention to details!

But recalling games where I encountered lags, I cannot recall many box hits. Not questioning BTW, just to note that who would have thought the two factors are linked?

Excellent find. Man crushing you.

Thank you for your comments. I'm honored for it. When I have measured the probability of each weapon for the mystery box, I have noticed this phenomenon. At that time, we have used the mystery box 240 times at R26 in kino. When we got to R27, we felt very severe time lag. I could find that the time lag depends on the number of times of use of the mystery box.

It's interesting, but I don't think it is avoidable on any map without traps. You're forced to go to the Box, whether you just like using it, or whether you need the Wonder Weapon back. The only real solution is to rely on traps. So, it's a great experiment. But the results are not as good as one you'd like. But that's science, eh?

Thank you for your comments. I think that the time lag depends on not only the number of use of the mysterybox, but also others. So the time lag may be avoidable in the future. I would like to continue to study about this more.

And I think that this is the discovery of a special bug for COD BO zombie mode at PS3. ^^;

Well keep up the good work. May I ask you a question? You seem to be an intelligent man of numbers and this series. How far does your knowledge of numbers delve into this series? Is your knowledge limited to observations like this? Or is there more? Do you ever look at the game code? Or does observation like this give you a lot of data that I might underestimate enough to ask about game code?

Well keep up the good work. May I ask you a question? You seem to be an intelligent man of numbers and this series. How far does your knowledge of numbers delve into this series? Is your knowledge limited to observations like this? Or is there more? Do you ever look at the game code? Or does observation like this give you a lot of data that I might underestimate enough to ask about game code?

Inquiring to anything leads to a research. This is the foundation of my education. I always perform it. I have already performed it to various fields. So I also performed it to COD BO zombie mode.

I don't see the code. Because I think that seeing the program of game is different for playing the game. I think that the play state of a game is caught objective. So I always think of various situation when I'm playing the game. I want to bring a concrete result from something that I feel during playing the game. And I'm glad if my results are useful for everyone.

Oh okay. I was just asking because, with Black Ops 2 coming out soon, we are going to need people to get the data for the new weapons: how fast they shoot, how much damage they give, how fast they reload, etc. We've always had people do it, for WaW and BO, but they've been missing in action for some time now. I was hoping that you'd be able to fill the void.

Oh okay. I was just asking because, with Black Ops 2 coming out soon, we are going to need people to get the data for the new weapons: how fast they shoot, how much damage they give, how fast they reload, etc. We've always had people do it, for WaW and BO, but they've been missing in action for some time now. I was hoping that you'd be able to fill the void.

Also we'll do it at BO2.