Treyarch already using old textures? Or something more...

Today while playing Shangri-La I ran into this sign

Look familiar?

(Credit to MixMasterNut for finding this before me ;) )

Does this mean whoever put the signs here put em in both locations? Does it mean nothing other than Treyarch is a tad lazy and they have more important things to worry about than making new Zombies warning signs?

Discuss!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do know what Lenne is saying about it being shown in the trailer means it was shown for a reason (and I'm always on about mechanics and items being there for a reason!) but I'm just not 100% sure about this having much relevance. The sign doesn't seem to have any ware like the Shangri-La one doesso I don't think this has any relevance to Shangri-La unless this area develops into Shangri-La (so Shangri-La would be further forward in time than anticipated).

It could be that Treyarch were being lazy with the textures or it could be a hint at others being there. It could be a hint to characters we know being there OR as crazy said it could be from another map, I have a feeling Jungle had a sign like this, I was always walking past it to walk into those land mines :D

Lots of developers reuse the same textures. So i think they are reusing it because it fits in with the atmosphere. The only relevance that i think it has is to show that the area is under quarantine or something of that matter, but other than that it might not mean anything.

I could be wrong so don't judge.

Im going to say its just devs being devs. Recycled/touched up reused textures are common in series games. Its to save time to work on key game mechanics and more important things. MW3 reuse models from CoD4, MW2, and even Black Ops. Think about it like this; create a completly new model every game or simply reskin it with new texture.

It possible means quarantine or high toxic area. To me its nothing else then that. Since skull and cross bones mean poison, so this means toxic area.

Very interesting point.. Maybe its an open map and the out of bounds areas are toxic kill areas where you slowly die when trying to leave playable area ;)

That would be awesome honestly. It would make the map feel so much more open and not so confined, which is usually a necessary somewhat-evil.

There might not be the sign I was talking about but I'm pretty sure firing range has a quarantine zone, Plus a bloody Teddy bear! oh wait I found the old thread I had that had the images viewtopic.php?f=62&t=8934&p=78907#p78907 Oh god that post, I was still learning about the forums at the time, I was such a NOOB!

Oh and the PaP Please wait sign: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/wp-conte ... ieegg2.jpg

There might not be the sign I was talking about but I'm pretty sure firing range has a quarantine zone, Plus a bloody Teddy bear! oh wait I found the old thread I had that had the images viewtopic.php?f=62&t=8934&p=78907#p78907 Oh god that post, I was still learning about the forums at the time, I was such a NOOB!

Oh and the PaP Please wait sign: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/wp-conte ... ieegg2.jpg

You never know man... There are Richtofen books in BO Nuketown and now we have Nuketown zombies coming.... If any other MP map converts to zombies, it has to be firing range or stadium.

Ok so possible zombie mape locations

The map- new jersey streets- mode 8 player- map unkown

trailer map- old desert facility- mode campaine- map firing range

nuketown map- testing facility- original 4- nuketown

from what information that has been gathered all of this equals original fun for all

Hope this sounds correct for everyone :D