Do you want the story return in the form of EE

I have been thinking about the layout for story in Black Ops and i personally think the entry level is too high, i mean i have never managed to complete an EE and this is because..

1. I'm not an amazing zombie player my highest round on Kino is 35.

2. my friends don't play zombies so i have to play with randoms

3. when i tried the Call of the dead Easter egg on solo i just couldn't get the weapons i needed from the box, i tried for ages but no luck i then died and couldn't be bothered to do it all again.

4. The fact you sometimes have to start over several times, i just gave up in the end.

5. when i have gone to do the moon Easter egg and realized that i can't because nobody has done the call of the dead or Shangri la EE's

I just find unless you have an extremely skilled or patient team with plenty of time on there hands you can't appreciate the story as intended and i hope this changes in black ops 2.

I would like to see EE's return but only in the form of voice recordings and other little details, i think for the bigger story that should have a separate mode with missions and objectives so everyone can enjoy the story.

Anyways what are your thoughts on this and how would you like to see a story implemented.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking about the layout for story in Black Ops and i personally think the entry level is too high, i mean i have never managed to complete an EE and this is because..

3. when i tried the Call of the dead Easter egg on solo i just couldn't get the weapons i needed from the box, i tried for ages but no luck i then died and couldn't be bothered to do it all again.

4. The fact you sometimes have to start over several times, i just gave up in the end.

5. when i have gone to do the moon Easter egg and realized that i can't because nobody has done the call of the dead or Shangri la EE's

I just find unless you have an extremely skilled or patient team with plenty of time on there hands you can't appreciate the story as intended and i hope this changes in black ops 2.

I would like to see EE's return but only in the form of voice recordings and other little details, i think for the bigger story that should have a separate mode with missions and objectives so everyone can enjoy the story.

Anyways what are your thoughts on this and how would you like to see a story implemented.

That is why they said there maybe a campagain [sorry for my spelling], also I've done Call of the dead and Shangri la, so I don't mind helping out. The only problem is it's scratched alittle so yeah. An if you need help with call of the dead then all help with that too. But its got to be on the weekends since im busy during the week.

I get what your saying and hoping for zombie storyline to be separated. But if they doso then except there to be leveling in zombies as well. It's tough making a game based on the people you know.

Eh. I think they are nice. I don't NEED them. I wouldn't exactly mind their disappearance if they were replaced with something else, as far as I know at the moment. As long as there is a story, I'm good. I do have to say though that I still think that the thought that you have to have some Easter Egg requirements to do the Moon Easter egg is just boondoggling.

I want it it to be more through radios and quotes. The Easter eggs were just too damn obtrusive. It's like the point of the map is to beat the Easter egg, not actually play the game normally. Damn.

"looks like maxis's missiles didn't work as well as he'd hoped; richtofen still seems to be pretty pissed at us." - tank, starting a match.

" the doctor was good for something, da? This should be fun." -Nikolai, getting WW.

"Their eyes... Look at their eyes. It is not over yet richtofen..." Takeo, upon first seeing zombies.

"wow, really? I go from an alien pyramid on the moon to new jersey? Good job treyarch." -Sam, beginning of a match.

These are made up quotes. See how they reveal bits of the plot, AND add to the atmosphere rather than taking from it? I need this!

You me and DER ATZI were all in the same boat laddie! But the satisfaction you get when you actually compleat a Easter egg is phenomenal... I think an Easter egg mode would be a great idea! No more constant searching for a group to play with that arnt douche bags! VünderBar!

I want it it to be more through radios and quotes. The Easter eggs were just too damn obtrusive. It's like the point of the map is to beat the Easter egg, not actually play the game normally. Damn.

"looks like maxis's missiles didn't work as well as he'd hoped; richtofen still seems to be pretty pissed at us." - tank, starting a match.

" the doctor was good for something, da? This should be fun." -Nikolai, getting WW.

"Their eyes... Look at their eyes. It is not over yet richtofen..." Takeo, upon first seeing zombies.

"wow, really? I go from an alien pyramid on the moon to new jersey? Good job treyarch." -Sam, beginning of a match.

These are made up quotes. See how they reveal bits of the plot, AND add to the atmosphere rather than taking from it? I need this!

Well all be damn, your right as usually. So yeah its good but still without some ee then we get confused. So some parts of the ee are good while sometimes it's not.

H usually tank breaches the 4th wall and adresses players and treyarch but I made that up in like 5 seconds. Also I haven't played as Sam yet so I haven't gotten the feel for her yet. Oh my god that sounds wrong.

Well shes like Richthofen but more darkness in a little girl. Which creeps the hell out of me when I play her.

Preview of her personality

71MGU2oMUJQ

I think the main reason for her voice change was that

[Development Reason]

it had been a long time and they needed a new voice actor.

[storyline Reason]

in Aether, Samantha had great control over her voice. She could choose to sound sweet or demonic, which she did on many occasions. But when she was transferred to Richtofen's body, she still had her sweet yet demonic voice, but not the same manipulation; she is restrained by Richtofen's vocal chords.

I want the storyline to be through the zombies campaign!

If they try to only make the storyline through the zombies campaign, I think they can make the easter eggs alot better. Don't have any rules to follow if they dont have to go by the storyline and they could be more map specific and I could just see them being alot better this way.

Well all be damn, your right as usually. So yeah its good but still without some ee then we get confused. So some parts of the ee are good while sometimes it's not.

bro the confusion and speculation of not having the story thrown in our faces blatantly is what made shi no numa, five, der reise, kino, and ascension such good maps. they all had so many little details that we could speculate and come up with our own theories that treyarch would read and incorporate into their maps.

plus the little easter eggs add more atmosphere than the large ones you know?