Faster Zombies?

Hey guys,

After watching zombies' teaser and just looking at the amazingness, I can't help but notice the speed of the zombies, either it's because the perspective or something but I don't know.

Now if we were to have faster zombies, that would result to harder maps, and harder trains. As for me I hope the zombies are faster, would put the difficulty of zombies ALOT higher and would have better replayability.

Your thoughts?

Regards Yellow-card8

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, (and I know i'm gonna be the minority in this argument) I would prefer it if the Zombies were SLOWER. Slow speed has always been a key characteristic of Zombies (though not necesarily Call of Duty Zombies) and I am a player who enjoys realism. Classic Zombies have always killed by numbers, not speed. Being clawed down by a hoarde of Zombies is in my opinion a MUCH more intimidating, ominous, and above all zombie-esque way to die, rather than a few fast Zombies.

I realize slower speed would make the game easier and I admit that it would make gameplay less urgent and, therefore, less fun. Therefore, what would be ideal for me is to put more zombies on the map at a time but all slowed to like a fast walk at best. I don't know how this would screw with the game mechanics but that's just my 50 cents.

Watching 100 zombies slowly closing in on you would produce that "all hope is gone" Walking Dead style feeling of "were screwed".

Anyway no one will agree with me because I realize this would alter the fundamentals of COD zombies but that's just my opinion.

We haven't seen the zombies when they're not trying for the bus. It could just be a temporary thing while you're on the bus. Personally though I would hope the zombies run at this speed what rounds get higher. This would give the game more of a challenge, not as much training because of their speed.

I don't know why but I have a feeling this map is going to be a horror map that many have asked for. Faster zombies would make you panic more adding to the tension. If you look at the background of the trailer on the last scene the distance that that zombie takes within about 2 seconds is amazing! Looking forward to 6 days!

As long that stamina up is back then im fine. But if it isn't then count on me only using SMG. Plus we already saw in zombies the fastest one's in call of the dead mostly. So if health decreases for the zombies and speed increases, its all good. Though just watch out for those runners. Just as Michael Rooker said"I call bullshit on that! Zombies don't RUN!" If they run all I got to say is "Oh yeah, that'll put some hair on your balls", drinking Juggernog while training.

In CoDZ i believe Verruct was one of my fav. maps, simply because the zombies ran SO fast (back in W@war.)

But in lets say DayZ, the zombies are slow, but the game emphasizes that any zombie, regardless of speed, is ALWAYS a big threat to your survival. I would like to see 3Arc Introduce, slower zombies, but emphasizing that it is becomes VERY intense when encountering a ghoul. But do to the fact that 3Arc hasn't taken that route, i would like to see those Verruct zombies once again.

Both, fast and slow.

I hope that the zombies are faster TBH. Just because people would have more of a challenge in trying to do certain things such as trains and such. The only thing I fear about the zombies being faster is the thought that they may might hit even faster then they did during W@W and BO1. :o :shock:

That would be a nightmare

Like bbobs said, I think that the zombies will be able to run a lot quicker if you are on the bus, but when u get off they go back to their normal speeds. Or maybe they are faster period? That would add a lot of tension and make it more challenging, but I would think that it would change the gameplay and in turn change the feeling of zombies.