My thoughts on the old wonder weapons returning

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the ray gun, thundergun and wave gun will return but the rest will have small appereances like the wunderwaffle on COTD. What do you guys think?

Ray Gun will definitely return as a regular. Thundergun, Wave Gun, and the rest may show up in some kind of easter egg, but probably not. Personally, I'd like to see more tactical wonder weapons like the V-R11, or my favorite wonder weapon of all time, the Punter! :D

The Raygun seems to be confirmed by the teaser trailer.

The Thundergun is seen as too powerful since Ascension so I dont see it returning as a mystery box gun.

The Wave gun was really made for the no gravity environment of the moon. I dont see that working on the earth tbh.

The Shrink Ray would feel out of place in a city environment in my opinion. It could still work though.

Winter's Howl would be a good choice imo. Its been away for a while though.

The Scavenger, loved that gun! If the map is big enough it would be nice.

Vr-11, heh I completely forgot about that thing...

The Trend since BO (after ascension) was really Raygun + 1/2 NEW wonder weapons. They had more than enough time to make new ones for BO2 too, I really dont see them reusing any of the above.

I would like to see scavenger, or winter's howl on the new map(s). I mean I want new ones too, but those ate high on the list for ones to return.

However I want the winter's howl to be different. On FIVE it is unfinished. Maybe we could get a finished more powerful version? Y'know, a version where on round 30 it doesn't take a full upgraded magazine? Just saiyan. To quote a certain drill instructor, "IT SEEMS TO ME LIKE THE BEST PART OF YOU RAN DOWN THE CRACK OF YOUR MOM'S ASS AND ENDED UP AS THE STAIN ON THE MATRESS! I THINK YOU WERE CHEATED!" That's how I feel about the winter's howl.

The scavenger is excellent. No question about it.

The wave gun was, frankly, the most overpowered bullshit to ever be created in the cod games. You have a thundergun with upgraded range, AND dual wield infinite damage ray guns, all in one weapon slot? I hope this never returns.

Thunder gun was a bit OP, but that's not why I wouldn't like it to return. Aesthetically it isn't very cool, and it isn't a very creative idea.

Viva la wunderwaffe dg-2! I want this or a next gen version like a tesla gun to return.

Shrink ray was kinda fun but as was stated above it doesn't really fit a city.

I LOVE THE VR-11! It is the first wonder gun since the ray gun to not simply kill many zombies at once! I love giving mah pals some insta kill ubercharge. Also it is my 2nd favorite medic weapon due to its monkey bomb like abilities. It is really something special.

As for grenades, QED was fun, but I don't like the idea of hitting the box ten or more times to get something that can kill you as easily as it can save you. Monkeys are always cool. Dolls are ok but I prefer the others. Gersch devices are awesome. If these returned I would be happy as hell.

So yeah, that's all I have to say... About that...

Oh yeah? Well you misspelled "Apocalypse!" WHAT NOW!?

Just joking :mrgreen:

Pretty much nothing you said in that was offensive. It's all in good fun.

I posted an Easter egg idea like a month ago where there are 8 fragments scattered around the map. Each player finds one and they insert it into a machine simultaneously. Then it creates a wonder weapon and transfers it to the box. Then it's up for grabs! This is like a fly trap only more rewarding. I want to see a new/old WW show up in a way similar to that.

However I want the winter's howl to be different. On FIVE it is unfinished. Maybe we could get a finished more powerful version? Y'know, a version where on round 30 it doesn't take a full upgraded magazine? Just saiyan. To quote a certain drill instructor, "IT SEEMS TO ME LIKE THE BEST PART OF YOU RAN DOWN THE CRACK OF YOUR MOM'S ASS AND ENDED UP AS THE STAIN ON THE MATRESS! I THINK YOU WERE CHEATED!" That's how I feel about the winter's howl.

It wasn't unfinished. It just didn't meet your expectations. Not every weapon can be a killing machine. It's not the deadliest, but it is certainly much better than the average weapons.

The wave gun was, frankly, the most overpowered bullshit to ever be created in the cod games. You have a thundergun with upgraded range, AND dual wield infinite damage ray guns, all in one weapon slot? I hope this never returns.

The Wave Gun kills less Zombies than the 31-79 JGb215...

Thunder gun was a bit OP, but that's not why I wouldn't like it to return. Aesthetically it isn't very cool, and it isn't a very creative idea.

It's a handheld digital Russian air cannon. How is that not original?

I LOVE THE VR-11! It is the first wonder gun since the ray gun to not simply kill many zombies at once! I love giving mah pals some insta kill ubercharge. Also it is my 2nd favorite medic weapon due to its monkey bomb like abilities. It is really something special.

With all the negativity, I was surprised you liked this one. This is the most underestimated Wonder Weapon, tied with the Winter's Howl.

As for grenades, QED was fun, but I don't like the idea of hitting the box ten or more times to get something that can kill you as easily as it can save you.

All of the Wonder Weapon Grenades can backfire. Monkey Bomb can hurt you. Matryoshka Dolls can hurt you. Gersch Device can teleport you to a bad spot. And QEDs are less likely to hurt you than a Matryoshka Doll is to splash damage you.

I'm just sticking up for the Wonder Weapons.

When Electric said it was "unfinished", he meant the actual weapon was unfinished. The back wasn't on it, you could see the wiring inside the weapon. The Pentagon scientists literally had not finished making the weapon before you got to use it. That's what he meant :lol:

Also, your statement about the Wave Gun is incorrect. I've killed zombies that were BEHIND me using that thing. The range is ridiculous. It was fun, to an extent, but overpowered.

At any rate, I will state this again: more V-R11 type weapons. Oh, and bring the QEDs back. Sure, Gersches are more reliable, but QEDs are more fun :D

I know that is what he meant. The computer chip is exposed. So? How does that mean it is unfinished? It's no different than most of the equipment present in Five. The backing looks no different from a server. An unfinished Winter's Howl is found in the level. The one you use is finished. It's an electronic weapon.

The Wave Gun can kill 792 Zombies upgraded. The 31-79 JGb215 can kill 1172 Zombies upgraded.

I would like to see scavenger, or winter's howl on the new map(s). I mean I want new ones too, but those ate high on the list for ones to return.

The scavenger is excellent. No question about it.

Viva la wunderwaffe dg-2! I want this or a next gen version like a tesla gun to return.

Shrink ray was kinda fun but as was stated above it doesn't really fit a city.

As for grenades, QED was fun, but I don't like the idea of hitting the box ten or more times to get something that can kill you as easily as it can save you. Monkeys are always cool. Dolls are ok but I prefer the others. Gersch devices are awesome. If these returned I would be happy as hell.

So yeah, that's all I have to say... About that...

I guess the Ray Gun will definitely return but I think they might get new wunder weapons but I hope they don't overload them like in bops

I like wonder weapons, in the mold of Winters Howl and VR-11. Extravagant, but not too game breaking.

Wave Gun and Thunder Gun create too much unbalanced advantage, a huge reason many rage quit in random lobbies.

I like to see balance in the box weapons, hopefully more situational weapon like the above mentioned.

While we are on this subject make the sniper guns and shot guns more versatile, or simply more useful.

I like wonder weapons, in the mold of Winters Howl and VR-11. Extravagant, but not too game breaking.

Wave Gun and Thunder Gun create too much unbalanced advantage, a huge reason many rage quit in random lobbies.

I like to see balance in the box weapons, hopefully more situational weapon like the above mentioned.

While we are on this subject make the sniper guns and shot guns more versatile, or simply more useful.

People quitting because they didn't get the gun that kills the most Zombies is ridiculous. If you take the Thundergun out, then those people will just cry over the current 2nd-most killing weapon, and then the third, and so forth. Don't ever try to appease the crybabies. Appease only legitimate concerns. Whenever I'm playing with someone and they get the Wonder Weapon first, I'm happy. I just get the Awful Lawton and end up reviving them a lot :P