XP-79 from licence plate on trailer

Yeah, MMX is EXTREMELY knowledgable when it comes to the storyline. I have the utmost respect for him and his opinions. To hear label him a noob was just not cool with me. But anywho.

I agree with MMX here. I think you guys are looking too much into things. XP-79 might have some significance in the future (possible WW), but as of right now we don't know exactly what it means. The whole "plane" thing just seems like grasping at straws IMO.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Shooter, that means a lot. I appreciate that. And I agree with your continuation of my point.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=18279

I have to say though that the Shangri-La / Mars connection has not been fully thought through yet. I'm going to start the thread back up when Black Ops 2 comes out. So I am proud of my storyline on Black Ops 1 standards, but on Black Ops 2 standards I am as clueless as everyone else. :P

Thanks Shooter, that means a lot. I appreciate that. And I agree with your continuation of my point.

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=18279

I have to say though that the Shangri-La / Mars connection has not been fully thought through yet. I'm going to start the thread back up when Black Ops 2 comes out. So I am proud of my storyline on Black Ops 1 standards, but on Black Ops 2 standards I am as clueless as everyone else. :P

Thanks men.

If you look up the Northrop XP 79 in Wiki, it talks about the Northrop Aircraft and the test pilot, Harry Crosby, who died trying to eject.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_XP-79

If you click on the name of Harry Crosby to look him up, it takes you to another page, which provides a link to Harry Crosby (pilot)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Crosby_%28pilot%29

If you click the link to search for Harry Crosby (pilot) it takes you too a list of results.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Se ... 28pilot%29

On this page, the third link down is for Eliminators, a 1986 movie in which a 'test pilot' who died in a plane crash is converted into a cyborg, or mandroid they call it, by an evil scientist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliminators

Absolutely no connection between this movie and Call of Duty, Ricthoven or Harry Crosby, but we have a Robot bus driver driving a bus called XP 79, and the XP 79 was piloted by Harry Crosby who died on the maiden test flight.

This is could be a huge EE or a huger coincidence

The bus is NOT called XP 79. It is a license plate NUMBER. That would be like saying the car I drive is 19G G82 or whatever its license plate reads, rather than a word like TRUCK or CAR or BUS. It is a bus. I'm telling you, you guys are looking far too much into this. The only results you'll find are the results you want to find.

I probably am but I had nothing else to do so I decided to post this

Little something I found on the trailer, between 0:07 and 0:09 there is what seems to be a plane or something fly across the top right corner. It looks nothing like a bird, and could fit in quite well with the "Lost jet from 1940s". If this is set after the world has been hit by nukes, then what is a jet doing flying around? Was there some sort of Army base not hit or something? :P

Here's my image, taken from 0:08

-ItsDanniey1

I was thinking at first that XP was a reference to the xp emoticon. Then the hyphen and seven looks like an arrow, pointing to... A sideways nine? I don't know what that could mean, but that is what I have thought from the start.

P.S. @Zombicidalmaniac...

*Their :mrgreen:

Couldn't help it!

Then that arrow would be pointing at the bus driver, if this is correct? Here's everything about what happened in the year 1979. I saw anti-nazi league vs police in London. Not much but I got more crow eyes then scavenger eyes :) So anything that may relate?