The Calm Has Ended

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that this is Nuketown. If you look around the map you can see that there a lot of power cables going around to the 'hut' thing. That tower in the background also looks like the nuke drop off.

Those eyes :shock:

Like others have stated, there's little chance it is. Look at the vegetation. Plants like that can't thrive in an area like Nuketown's. It looks like a forest on the top left.

I believe that this is Nuketown. If you look around the map you can see that there a lot of power cables going around to the 'hut' thing. That tower in the background also looks like the nuke drop off.

Those eyes :shock:

Like others have stated, there's little chance it is. Look at the vegetation. Plants like that can't thrive in an area like Nuketown's. It looks like a forest on the top left.

I did see that point but I'm just thinking would a nuke have had much impact to nuketowns land?

By having a good look at this, some things seem consistent with the map being on a farm but others are quite the contrary. The main feature that screams farm to me is the crops (corn maybe?) which are clearly evident either side of the path.

This reminded me of something I read back when Jimmy drew everyones attention to the Manhattan Project. One location that is frequently mentioned on its wiki page is the Hanford site. At this location, a large amount of land was acquired around a proposed plutonium production complex. This land was taken to remove population from the area in the event of a major nuclear accident. Ultimately 40000 acres of land were taken in the area. One man employed to scout for potential complex locations, Colonel Franklin T. Matthias, reported that Hanford was "ideal in virtually all respects," except for the farming towns of White Bluffs and Hanford.

Now quoting directly from the Manhattan Project Wikipedia page:

'A dispute arose with farmers over compensation for crops, which had already been planted before the land was acquired. Where schedules allowed, the Army allowed the crops to be harvested, but this was not always possible.'

This may be a long shot, but could this map be located in the farming towns of Hanford?

I have supported Hanford site theory in the past so it seems likely to me. I guess nuketown does too. I could imagine that the green run, which I believe took place there, could be linked to zombies. Y'know, that old theory that EVERY ACIENTIST WHO HAS EVER LIVED IS SECRETLY WORKING WITH 115! But seriously, I kinds thought it might come up. Maybe not as a map but referenced through radios or something.

As for the map itself, if it IS Hanford, AAAAAWWWW YYYEEEAAA!!! Imagine loads of new perks, guns, equipment, on a map that has the outdoor terror of shi no nuns, and the close quarters horror of verruckt! Farm land on one side for your trains, facility on another for all of your camping CQB pwnage. I think this has the potential to be the best map yet,

Btw I enhanced the image and it looks like 2 zombie Arms sticking out of the ground at the bottom right like it is spawning from a dirt patch.

By having a good look at this, some things seem consistent with the map being on a farm but others are quite the contrary. The main feature that screams farm to me is the crops (corn maybe?) which are clearly evident either side of the path.

This reminded me of something I read back when Jimmy drew everyones attention to the Manhattan Project. One location that is frequently mentioned on its wiki page is the Hanford site. At this location, a large amount of land was acquired around a proposed plutonium production complex. This land was taken to remove population from the area in the event of a major nuclear accident. Ultimately 40000 acres of land were taken in the area. One man employed to scout for potential complex locations, Colonel Franklin T. Matthias, reported that Hanford was "ideal in virtually all respects," except for the farming towns of White Bluffs and Hanford.

Now quoting directly from the Manhattan Project Wikipedia page:

'A dispute arose with farmers over compensation for crops, which had already been planted before the land was acquired. Where schedules allowed, the Army allowed the crops to be harvested, but this was not always possible.'

This may be a long shot, but could this map be located in the farming towns of Hanford?

Great theory!

Hanford has that wasteland feel just like the picture. The old industry and N reactor create a great vibe for a zombies map. I still feel that the story continues on the earth after a Nuke. The orange glow on the picture strengthens this theory imo.

This being 'The Map'with 'The Bus', im not sure about that... in the trailer it looked like a city, not anything like the 'farm'pic we got.

It definitely looks like a farm to me or could be. And this is coming from someone who lives in Alabama and grew up on a farm

The "bushes" on the right and left are pretty clearly corn as you can see the long "ears" of corn, as my grandfather use to say, falling to the side

And as for the question of why you would have a light on a farm. A farm is no different than any other place. You have to have light to see haha. Especially when you are working with heavy equipment that can cut your arm off. And yes, farming goes on at night too...

On my grandfather's farm (grew corn, cucumbers, squash, etc...) we had electricity and power lines just like any place would. Hell you HAVE to have electrify to run the equipment you have.

Having said all that, it could be anywhere. This is only a small portion of the map most likely

That's definitely corn

Am I the only one that kind of wishes they would move back to an atmosphere more akin to NDU?

I don't mean to say I don't want a big map with power to turn on and no perks or anything, just saying I liked the atmosphere and close quarters NDU had to offer.

There was no place to run in circles for hours on end, and that made it much scarier. More like a survival horror

I do like Easter eggs and everything though, so I want those to stay. Just like the dark, erie feeling NDU offered.

Vurrukt and shi no Numa did a good job with it too, as did der riese

I still think were going to be in a train station, and thats what the 2 lights will be. I also think that the light that looks like its coming from the street lamp is coming from behind it, like the sun or something. I think were going to get a old train station in some place warm. A big map aswell, because in the power video it sounded like electrical current flowing through things before finally powering up the whole map.

Also, who thinks we'll get an extra map aswell as this one + Nuketown zombies, like for completing campaign?

I still think were going to be in a train station, and thats what the 2 lights will be. I also think that the light that looks like its coming from the street lamp is coming from behind it, like the sun or something. I think were going to get a old train station in some place warm. A big map aswell, because in the power video it sounded like electrical current flowing through things before finally powering up the whole map.

Also, who thinks we'll get an extra map aswell as this one + Nuketown zombies, like for completing campaign?

Seems more like a bus to me.

I thought they were too close together to be a bus. It just makes more sense to me

having a train track in a farm/desert like environment as oppose to a road/bus stop.

I thought they were too close together to be a bus. It just makes more sense to me

having a train track in a farm/desert like environment as oppose to a road/bus stop.

But how would a train travel across a mud path?

But how would a train travel across a mud path?

Well it wouldn't obviously :lol: it would be on a track, just you can't see it because its dark.