The Perfect-Eye Strategy: 300 Kills Made Easy

The Perfect-Eye Strategy: 300 Kills Made Easy

tgCpySin2CA

*Author's Note: Apologies for the quality. I have long since learned how to render in high definition using iMovie! :D

Hey guys! Hope everyone's having a wonderful day; I sure am! :) So about a month ago, Eye decided he would achieve 330 kills on the telepad (for those that don't know, he has since achieved 330 kills with a Sidedrop/Back Pool combo). He asked me what would happen if someone ran the Sidedrop then went up to the telepad once it started taking three shots to kill.

And thus, the Perfect-Eye Strategy was born. Jbird requested that I put this on Codz, so here it is! It can get pretty slow at times—which is never a good thing—but if you mimic my actions you can get 300 kills with this. This was, honestly, the ugliest 308 kill game I have ever seen. Two disappearing shots, 18 kills after the first nade (atrocious), 44 kill PaP, only a 200 point surplus when Pack a Punching, some horrible spawns, and I still got 300 kills.

But what is it, Perfect? What is this strategy?

Well, as shown in the video, it's simple, really. Play it like you normally would until about 175 kills. PaP your pistols, get your Jug, all that fun stuff. Start running the Sidedrop, like every other game. Aim for the feet. You know the drill.

But once you start needing that second shot, you change it up. You go up to the telepad. Why? Well, I think the description in my video summed it up nicely.

The entire point of the sidedrop is to make use of its speed with spawns, as you need fast spawns to make use of your pistols' raw power as much as you can early on. Also, with the zombies' health being so low, you can afford to have poor placement early on with your Mustang and Sally shots.

However, when you start needing that third and fourth shot, that is when you need excellent shot placement. And the telepad is perfect for this. Rarely do you get poor shots on the telepad. This is, in part, due to a better kiting spot (they only come from one direction) and lack of dogs, which have a tendency to dive in front of your shots and steal the splash damage. So the telepad is the ideal spot to finish out a game, and even if you get a couple poor spawns, you should get 300 without much trouble. And if you're a better player than me and have better starts then, damn, 330 would be a breeze!

It's really that simple. This is far and away the easiest way to get 300 kills in NML. :D Hope this helps!

-perfect

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.

So I had 18 shots left and was on 268 kills and died...I think this is possible for me,I just have to get back into NML. (and I have to work at my shot placement on the sidedrop.)

God...if I get 300 before BO2... :D

It took me two months of playing every night for 30 or so minutes to finally get 300. I have probably played more NML than anyone in the world. You will get it eventually. I promise. The feeling of that first 300 makes it all worth it.

I find that I play so much better when I a) have seen a truly amazing NML video (see Choppernator or IISteveII) and B) when I have some competition. What do I mean? Well, Vodstok and I have always been NML rivals. We have battled back and forth for months now. He got 299 when I was on 285. I got 309 when he was at 299. He got 320 when I got 315. I got 324 when he was on 320. It makes you play for a purpose. Or maybe you don't have a competitor... do it for the medal. My ultimate goal is the last NML on Codz (340). I'll only stop when I achieve that.

I've rambled, but you get my point. Look around Youtube. I have always preached that Youtube is the best friend to an up and coming Zombies player. This most certainly applies to you, bud.

Keep it up. There comes a point where it just clicks, and the floodgates open. Good luck. :)

-perfect

• Moderators

Thought I'd give you a new update. :D

Played for an hour today...and it didn't go well. ^^

Slow spawns,dogs getting on my nerves and me just having a bad day.

But I am totally in the NML zone again. :)

One question though:

If I get 5000 points and I still have some pistol ammo left should I shoot the zombies with it or just go straight to the pap?

I might have to tell you that I can't make crawlers because I have a censored version of BO so it is more difficult to shoot them after getting 5000 points and more dangerous.

Thanks in advance.

Wow I haven't posted any strategy stuff in a while!

Lenne, having no crawlers may actually make it easier in a way. It sucks that you can't really knife them safely, but if you can get on the pad and have a whole hoard with no dogs, and a full pistol it should be ok.

Get that grenade into the middle of them all if you can, and then try and keep your aim at head height and spam into the group. A full pistol can take out all 20, I've done it before on a somewhat failed grenade that exploded right at the chest of the first few.

Staying on the pad is really important, as it keeps the dogs from spawning.

Depending on your end term goal, whether that be just 300, or more like 330 means you can approach it in 2 ways.

For just 300, the important thing is to get your Jugg without any dogs. You kinda want to really kill as many as possible with all your ammo, and gets more points with any spare and then have a whole hoard before you PAP. So you can then get your guns in, out, take them back to the PAD and use ideally 1 shot to kill them.

Then get another hoard, without leaving and do the same again, this time more likely with 2 shots. Played this way you will have around 80-90 kills at 3 minutes, having used up to 4 bullets and should just have Jugg now.

It's the safest way to start consistently well. It really helps to have 500 points left after PAPing as 2 hoards will then take you to 2500 definitely.

It's really difficult to get Jugg if you need 3 hoards, or not difficult perse.....more like very slow if you do it all on the PAD, and this can limit 300. To negate this you would need to run the side drop to get it quickly, but that involves dogs and those problems are best avoided ;)

I'd say be prepared to restart more at the start of the game if the start is not really good, to hopefully have more points from Jugg.

You can PAP quickly with as little as 6 kills start......but it's much tougher than it should be, liable to fail a few points short.....you really want those 1800/1930 starts.

Restart more until you get these, and I really think things get easier.

Not necessarily strictly on topic, but I hope it helps someone.

• Moderators

Thanks for the tips. :)

Speaking of the tele pad,I tend to have problems with the grenade on there.

It get's the job done more often than not,but I feel like I could throw it better.

I usually just cook it in my hand and then try to throw it into the center of the group.

Hi Lenne.

The problem with the PAD grenade is placement. Ideally you want to drop it directly onto the a flat area, whilst you are moving backwards with the zombies coming at you.

The teleporter PAD itself is ideal for this. The main thing is to not hit one of the angles on it, otherwise the grenade will roll off at a funny angle.

I made this video a while ago, but it's been unlisted for a few friends.

There is one example in there of what I'm talking about, around 1/2 way through.

I don't actually put it on the PAD but it's on a flat area next to it.

Take more time to get a nice group, and then practice where you want to put that grenade.

90% of the time mine goes directly onto the PAD, the rest of the time right next to it like this.

Another example I found of what I was trying to say about not having dogs for any of those shots

• Moderators

Thanks Chopper,I will play for an hour again tomorrow (and lots of hours this weekend haha)...hopefully I can put those tips to good use. :D

God...only a month and 9 days left hopefully I can get those 300 kills until then. (Well I can still play NML after that but it looks nicer when I get it before BO2 drops.^^)

Thanks again to both of you for the help,really appreciate it.

(Oh and I really liked the montage Chopper,good job.)

• Moderators

Played like almost 3 hours yesterday.

And it went pretty well.

I can Pack a punch and get juggernog very well now. (With 2 shots,between 80-90 kills after Juggernog etc.) Thanks to Chopper.

But I had one problem in one game where I got 262 kills.

At 169 kills I went up to the pad but the zombies spawned in very slow. (I have never seen them spawn in so slow) It did cost me quite a bit of time.

So maybe I could have gotten 276+ kills in that game.

But all in all it were good and fun 3 hours. ^.^

Oh and the last 2 shots of my M&S disappeared. (on the 262 kills game)

That was kinda funny. :lol:

Played like almost 3 hours yesterday.

And it went pretty well.

I can Pack a punch and get juggernog very well now. (With 2 shots,between 80-90 kills after Juggernog etc.) Thanks to Chopper.

But I had one problem in one game where I got 262 kills.

At 169 kills I went up to the pad but the zombies spawned in very slow. (I have never seen them spawn in so slow) It did cost me quite a bit of time.

So maybe I could have gotten 276+ kills in that game.

But all in all it were good and fun 3 hours. ^.^

Oh and the last 2 shots of my M&S disappeared. (on the 262 kills game)

That was kinda funny. :lol:

And now you can call me: "Mister 285 kills on NML" :)

I can already smell the 300. :D

I think the game is programmed to give you slower spawns when on the telepad. I rarely get slow spawns when downstairs, but once I go up there... the spawns start becoming really inconsistent. You've just gotta be sure to not waste a single second in your starts. Be as efficient and quick as you can. Don't wait too long for the perfect shot.

You are only 15 kills off. You're very close. I went from 285 to 309, if my memory serves me correctly. :) Almost there! :D

• Moderators

Hey,Perfect.

Hopefully this will be my last update before getting 300 kills.

I had a really good game today. After 6 minutes I was at 210 kills and I had 27 grenades left to reload. (+the 12 in the chambers)

I think 300 kills could have been possible.

But I made a rookie mistake and got trapped in a corner of the cage.

After that I couldn't get anything done anymore. :lol:

• 1 year later...