Zombies release countdown and DLC news.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think the 'reveal' will be something similar to the classic trailers(cinematic)or a behind the scenes sort of thing with the developers talking and explaining in depth the zombies mode of Black ops 2?I think its gonna be a BTS type of thing but then it would just make all these cryptic clues seem rather pointless.

Do you guys think the 'reveal' will be something similar to the classic trailers(cinematic)or a behind the scenes sort of thing with the developers talking and explaining in depth the zombies mode of Black ops 2?I think its gonna be a BTS type of thing but then it would just make all these cryptic clues seem rather pointless.

I can see it being a WaW style trailer. 100% not a BTS trailer.

Heres the big question I think everyone is missing. Lets say this isn't Nuketown zombies, does anyone know what decade that attire is that the zombie is wearing in Pic 2 with the neck thing?

Nuketown presumably takes place in the 60's and his jacket looks 80's imo.

I am pretty positive it takes place in the 80s TBH. Remember this quote? It's only like the billionth time i've posted it!

"though multiplayer is progressing into the future, do not fear. We will still be slaying zombies with ye olde 1980s weapons. What does that mean for us? Well only time will tell."

In WaW they started with one map and released them one map at a time. With black ops they were going to start with ascension and five, but when kino got cancelled for WaW they changed it to kino and five.

You may ask "Well electric, why didn't they choose to release kino and ascension upon the release of black ops?" elementary my dear! You see, the timeline gets majorly fudged up if two canonical maps are released simultaneously. So, I doubt they would do that in BO2, or ever for that matter. So, I highly doubt the heroes will be on nuketown. It may have minor significance to the story like five, but not Easter-egg wise.

By the way dun, woo hoo electro boss! I think you are right about the robot too.

TL;DR: nuketown will not be directly linked to story; heroes won't be there. Black ops 2 zombies map tranzit will take place in 80s probably. I love you dun.

Good response. Thanks senior!

Of course it doesn't. If I remember correctly, a post somewhere on this site mentioned something about Treyarch adding the DOA in just for a bit of fun, no relation to the storyline what so ever. The birds eye view and even the mod that allows normal view of the map, it will never make sense to the story line personally for ME ever.

correct me if im wrong but I think every location that you go to on the bus seems to get harder and harder. Look at the little map thing that is shown time to time showing their route and a picture of a skull. Everytime there is something added on to the picture with the skull which could indicate difficulty and the last place they shown was probably the big daddy of them all.

-Cajun

• Moderators

correct me if im wrong but I think every location that you go to on the bus seems to get harder and harder. Look at the little map thing that is shown time to time showing their route and a picture of a skull. Everytime there is something added on to the picture with the skull which could indicate difficulty and the last place they shown was probably the big daddy of them all.

-Cajun

Yep,seems to be the most logical explenation as off right now.

Really don't know where to start regarding today's trailer ....

Well for starters it looks amazing the map looks great and the 4z4 mode sounds like alot of fun. I do have a couple of concerns tho regarding the classic mode.

Ok so they have said that the classic maps will be areas from tranzit and that's where my worry is, although i have no worries these maps will deliver in the game-play area i do worry about the aesthetic of the maps. from what we have seen it looks as if all the area's have the same color pallet and style and i worry that the classic mode maps may get a little boring after a while because of this.

I assume we have only seen small parts of each area and there maybe some inside areas like a hospital or shopping complex to change the scenery, i really do hope so because i don't want every map to have the same general design (lava in cracks, storm in sky, mist in street etc etc) i guess they could make a map set in the day that could change the look.

I trust Treyarch to make some great maps i just hope they have thought about this cause the round based classic mode is the reason zombies even exist and i wold really hate to see that get boring because of maps that are too similar...